The New Positively Positive Thread of Positivity *13* BFPs!!!

Goodness, Bumblebee! I hope they can tell you what's going on!

My pregnancy has been pretty uneventful. I didn't get betas or anything. In fact, I got a new midwife (dumped my old doctor), and I haven't even met her yet! My first appointment is next Monday. DH and I are super excited, even though we won't be getting an ultrasound (I really wanted one for when we tell my MIL next Saturday).

I hope you get some answers, Bumblebee!!

GP, dumped by your doctor? I've got to catch up on your journal.

Thanks GP Fingers crossed your appointment goes well xxxx

Well I called my drs today and got a snotty receptionist who just tried to pass me onto midwife triage to book an initial appointment with them. I tried to explain although I was late no positive test hence why I wanted to see the nurse. I think she was just trying to get rid of me as she wasn't listening to me at all! I was like I'd like to try and get some bloods done to see whats happening as we've had problems before now and she just said ring midwife triage they'll sort you from there (which I know is wrong!!).

I got so annoyed with her I put the phone down on her and think i'll ring tomorrow and hopefully get someone who will understand what i'm talking about :haha:

Rant over..........

I know today i got into the doctors I went and do you know what they did??........... They did a pregnancy test then said test again in a week if still nothing you'll get one eventually even after she looked at my medical history about miscarriages.

Still nothing today tho xxxx

2 weeks spot on and today having loads of discharge with pink in it enough to wear a pad but deffo not turning into my normal af anytime soon. It's driving me crazy :haha:

How's everyone else doing xxx

All fine here. Pretty much no symptoms but sore boobs. It's starting to worry me that I'm not really having any symptoms. :shrug:

All fine here. Pretty much no symptoms but sore boobs. It's starting to worry me that I'm not really having any symptoms. :shrug:

I'm sure a lot of people's symptoms kick in a bit later! Don't worry! When is your first doctor's appointment?

Had my first doctor's visit and scan today - we saw the baby (well, the tiny blob that is our baby) and it was amazing!

Neat that you got a scan!

My first appointment is on Monday. I'll be 6w3d, but I won't be getting a scan. I have no idea when I'll get one, since I have a midwife instead of a doctor.

Awww good that you got to see baby Kiki13 :thumbup:

GP try not to worry once they hit in you'll wish you never wanted symptoms

I'll feel much better once I have an ultrasound, but someone else with a midwife said they only got one scan at 20 weeks for gender! I should get one sooner, since one of my sisters had a congenital heart defect, but who knows. We'll see.

I think at a certain point, I can't believe I'm pregnant. All I had were some positive tests and sore boobs. I guess maybe I feel like my body is playing a trick on me or something silly like that.

GP, you won't get it for the heart defect til your 20 week one. The 12 week one is screening for genetic anomalies. There's no reason why you can't have it. I'd have gone crazy without an ultrasound til 20 weeks!

Sorry you're still in the dark, Bumblebee. Hope you find out what's going on soon.

Welcome, Iwa!! GL!!

Ginger, I think when you get a scan and how many times you get a scan is dependent on your insurance and risk classification. My insurance only covers one scan unless the doctor thinks there is a medical reason for more. Unless, I want to pay out-of-pocket or I had a high-risk pregnancy, I wouldn't get a scan until 18-20 weeks. Do you know what your insurance covers? I hope you can get an earlier one. Otherwise, most states have the independent ultrasound facilities where you can pay a hundred bucks for a scan starting at 15 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->