The New Positively Positive Thread of Positivity *13* BFPs!!!

I cried for 4 hours today after one of my three best friends told me she was 13 weeks pregnant with her first. She's been keeping it from me because she didn't know how to tell me. I feel like the worst person in the world for thinking of my own problems at such a happy time for someone I love. She got her BFP on her 3rd month, which is awesome—it's just reminded me of how long it has been for us. I am in a funk today, and I hope to feel better about things tomorrow.

Anyone got some positivity in the form of a funny story or joke? What about happy news from the preggo ladies? Are those babies keeping you awake at night with all that kicking?

That's ok! I'll post pics when I finally get some :thumbup:

Hey Ladies,

Ginger...what happened??!! I'm so, so sorry! :hugs:

Borr....what's your status???

I've been terrible about getting on the forum but I have good excuses...long story short, I got a job offer to teach middle school choir which is currently threatened b/c I need a credential from the state. The state, however, says I'm missing one credit hour in conducting and won't let me use professional experience to make up for it. I was faced with either finding a conducting course this summer (which is extremely difficult to do considering the highly specialized nature of the course) or take the evil PLACE exam which has a terrible study test example and is almost impossible to study for. Anyway, amazingly I found a professor who is willing to teach me as an independent study. Now I'm just waiting to hear back from my new boss if that's okay.

Soooooo......DH and I have decided to pursue adoption instead of conception assistance. We've wanted to adopt anyway, but always thought of it as coming after our biological children. DH admitted to me that it would be easier for him to accept adopted children as his own before having biological children and I also believe our families would more readily accept adopted children if they came first. I've literally just started researching that whole process and had no idea that they have grants for adoption which makes me really happy and the whole thing seem much more doable than I ever imagined. I've always had a heart for international adoption but after researching don't know if we'll go the domestic route instead. We do, however, know that we want to adopt a child or children with "special needs" meaning, a child who is older than seven or a pair of siblings.

I'm actually really excited by this recent development. Yes, I still want to carry my own child one day, but it just doesn't seem like a fight anymore. When I look at the faces of children who desperately need a loving home my heart just swells and it's all I can do to just be patient. I need to secure my job first before we officially start the process and we need to probably stop moving for a while before the state or agency we use will deem us "stable" but I think DH and I are both very settled now on staying in CO for the long haul. That's more stable (living situation-wise) than we've been in our three years of marriage, so it's a start.

My heart goes out to all of you ladies still trying and I will do my best to keep tabs on y'all and keep you in my prayers.

GL to those of you about to give birth and lots and lots of :dust: to those of you still trying. I hope that those of you who have suffered loss recently recover fully and heal from that pain. I can't even imagine what you must be going through!

Other than that I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!!! :flower:

Congrats on your decision to adopt. I can tell that you and your hubby have such big hearts. :) I hope your boss is okay with the training!

We went for our first ultrasound last Tuesday, and baby was a few days behind with no heartbeat. I actually just had my D&C this morning, and am home recovering in bed now, watching Mythbusters on Netflix.

Ginger - Im really sorry!!!! I know exactly how you feel! I had my D&C around the same time with the same issue. It hurts!

Opera - Thats wonderful news! Adopting is an amazing thing!

Here's some extra love, positivity, and understanding for you on this thread, Ginger! I hope you hang around this thread even as you WTT for a bit.

Congrats on all the news, Opera!! I'm especially excited about your decision to adopt! There are so many wonderful children that need loving homes. It's great that you and DH have similar feelings about it. This is something I too hope to do one day. DH and I decided we will begin the process in a year and a half if we don't have a successful pregnancy by then. I'm glad to know that there are grants available. There's so much to research. If you have the time, keep us updated on the process when you officially start TTA.

So ladies....This NTNP thing seems to have been successful for me! I've got the start of a BFP. I'm in shock. I'm going to buy a digi this morning (because DH only believes it when he sees it in writing) and then I'm calling my doctor for the prescription of progesterone suppositories. Please stick little bean!!!!

Attachments

• am7_16.jpg
    am7_16.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 4
They're pink, I swear. The picture is just awful. Here are my tests from last night (taken 7 hours ago). The picture was taken within 10 minutes of taking the test and the second line appeared within 4 minutes. I only was able to hold my wee for 3 hours before taking the ones this morning.

Attachments

• umm.jpg
    umm.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
:bfp: OMG Lionchild that's not even a squinter!! :wohoo: Congratulations! Please stick LO!!!

Thanks so much for the positive wishes!!

I'm going to run out and get the digi, but I'm waiting for the progesterone prescription to go through so I only have to make one trip. I have to say that I'm surprised at how positive I'm feeling. I'm not worried about another MC like I thought I would be. The last pregnancy has nothing to do with this one. I'm going to allow myself to get excited (especially after the digi) and think positive thoughts about the future with this little growing life.

So glad to hear you are in such a positive mind set! I can't wait to see your digi :) :hugs:

Borr!! Are you ready to have that baby girl or what!

So I didn't end up buying a digital because my doctor ordered betas and progesterone levels today. I figured betas are much more accurate than a digi. I just received the results. I'm copying and pasting the info that I wrote on another thread because I'm too tired to formulate new thoughts.

Ok so the first beta is in. I knew it would be low because it's early and my tests this morning were light, so I'm not going to worry about a low first beta. As long as it at least doubles in the next 48-72 hours, things are normal. That being said,

HCG = 26
Progesterone - 25.5

So I'm very happy with my progesterone level! They want to see over 20 ng/ml for progesterone, so I'm in the normal range for that. I'll still take the progesterone suppository they prescribed me tonight. Tomorrow, the docs will let me know if they want me to keep taking them each night.

I can't wait for Thursday to hear whether we can start to get more excited. I will update when I have more information.

Thanks for sending the positivity out into the world! Lots of warm wishes to all of you!! :hugs:

Congrats Lionchild!!! How far along does that make you?

Hey Ladies!!!!!

It has been INCREDIBLY long since I've popped in to check up on you gals!!

Ginger, I am so very sorry and send BIG hugs to you - XOXOXO

Lionchild - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot Woot!!!

Opera - I'm adopted, and I gotta say, it was the BEST thing that happened to me and the best decision my parents could've made ;) If you have any questions, I'm here!

Borr. - Ready to pop!!! OMG, I can't believe it's been so long already!!! Best best Best of luck to you!

And to you ALL!!!!!

XOXOXOXOXO

P.S. We've also been on Vaycay for a month in Costa Rica, and now I'm in another show (we're in our FIRST week of two weeks of tech.... ugh) PLUS we're full swing into wedding planning, AND deciding to get my masters degree, AND building our house....so busy doesn't even cut it.
We're now NTNP since we're so hectic and I know I've been super slacking on keeping in touch with you ladies, but I promise to not wait so long next time!!!!!

LOVE LOVE BABY DUST AND STICKINESS to ALL of you!!!!!

- B
<3

Hey ladies! Being induced today because of low fluid! Will let you know once she's born! :hugs: and :dust: to all

So exciting!!! Good luck, Borr!!!! I hope everything goes smoothly and you're holding Isabella in no time!

Brie- Oh my goodness, you're ridiculously busy! But it sounds like all of it is fun and exciting stuff! Congrats on the upcoming marriage, house-building, journey back to school, and new role!! I hope you never have to move back over to TTC and you get your surprise NTNP baby someday when it's a good time for you and DH.

Jenzy- How is your pregnancy going? Are you feeling ready to be done with it? In a long answer to your question, I haven't been keeping track of my cycles at all so I have no idea when I O'd. I can estimate based upon previous cycles because it was pretty predictable. What also helps is that DH and I only BD 3 times in the potential window of time (and really only once in the most likely window of time). We had family visiting for a week and I was away part of the time. I seriously think I may only be 12 or 13 DPO today, which I didn't realize until looking the calendar. My LPs are short so even though my AF was " expected" on Monday, I would have only been 10-11 DPO on Monday.

I'm feeling nervous about the numbers tomorrow, but it's out of my control. We will be OK no matter what the outcome. For now, it's important I think positively.

How are you feeling, Ginger?

I'm fine. DTD again, even though it hasn't been two weeks from D&C yet. :haha:

My followup appointment with my doctor is on August 12th, so he might prescribe me some Clomid for when we start TTC again.

I guess if you've done it once when you weren't supposed to yet, you may as well keep doing it. :haha:

That's great that the doc is going to give you Clomid! :happydance: Is this the same doc that didn't want to give you a second dose before? I hope that once you are ready you don't have to wait long for a BFP (an extra sticky one)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->