The New Positively Positive Thread of Positivity *13* BFPs!!!

I have my fx'd for you on the new dosage GP. I'm sorry to hear that you'd be so close to holding that little one not too far from now. Keep you head up and keep pushing forward. It's a good sign that the lower dosage originally worked for you so maybe you won't have to wait much longer for your sticky bean. Out of curiosity, has the FS ever checked your blood type? Apparently if you have a negative blood type (like me) your body forms antibodies specifically geared toward killing fertilized eggs, but this only happens after a first pregnancy. There's apparently a shot they can give you to prevent that from happening if that does, in fact, apply to you. I never imagined that blood type had anything to do with it or that I'd learn so much from one trip to the FS. I don't want to frighten you or give you one more thing to worry about, just something to be aware of in case you didn't know. :hug:

Wantanerd...I'd be so frustrated that I missed the chance to start fertility treatment after getting AF on my own. It's good to hear that your body is doing more of what it should on its own though! I thought my body was beginning to do that but now I'm not so sure.

Well, I just started provera today so 9ish more days til AF shows and then maybe I can get this show on the road!

I hope everyone else is having a good start to their week!

Also, I'm glad this thread is still here too! It's amazing to see how many people have success stories after so many months/years. I'm confident we will all get our chance soon!

I've never been to a FS. I'm still seeing my regular OB/GYN. :)

You're talking about RH factor. My mom's mom had it. My mother was the oldest, so she was unaffected, and one of her sisters had a negative blood type and was unaffected. Her other sister and two brothers all have varying degrees of deafness and/or mental problems. My other aunt has no mental problems, but she is completely deaf.

So it doesn't always outright kill growing babies, but it does attack them.

Luckily, my blood type is B+, so I don't have to worry about it. :thumbup:

As of right now, my loss is just one of those things. My tests took longer to get dark than they should've. The test line didn't get as dark as the control until 27DPO, when that seems to happen for most women 14-16 DPO. I think it was just a genetic issue, and when it came time for the baby to switch over to the placenta, it just didn't make it.

Neither of my sisters ever had any pregnancy losses, but both my mom and hub's mom suffered one miscarriage each (my mom was about 12 weeks along with hers). In MIL's case, it was her first pregnancy. For my mom, it was her second.

Well, I'd like to share a bit of Christmas cheer (or holiday or Festivus lol). I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed with all the holiday planning this year, from Thanksgiving, my husband's 30th bday party (which was the same week as Thanksgiving...I should really give his mom a hard time about that), and now all the freaking Xmas (X is Greek for Christ for all of those who were accusing me of "X-ing" out Jesus) parties with all their white elephants and forced fun, etc., etc. It was beginning to look a lot like Commercialized Christmas...This morning was no exception and I was feeling pretty down about it all b/c the same people who would judge us for spending money on fertility treatment also will judge us for saying no to a party b/c we don't have the time or the money to buy all these gifts (funny how that works).

Anyway, I got to work, which right now is nannying a 1-yr-old boy, and watching him fall asleep in my arms made all my holiday blues fly out the window. I imagine that's exactly how Mary felt when Jesus fell asleep in her arms after struggling to find a decent place to give birth, or for that matter, I imagine that's how every mother who has ever lived feels when life gets rough. The only thing that matters is the tiny babe sleeping in your arms, or if you're like me, the hope of that.

So if the holiday season has you feeling like you just got punched in the gut, just remember the simple joys life brings. "Every good and perfect gift is from above." - James 1:17.

Yeah, I hate the holidays, because my family tries really hard to guilt and pressure me into driving 7 hours (one way, IF there's no weather traffic) to spend one night with them. Plus it's cold, and people screech at me for saying "Happy Holidays" (because Sarah Palin and Bill O'Reilly won't shut up about their fictional "War on Christmas").

I'm about to just start wishing people a "Happy Winter Solstice, may the Goddess shine upon you". It's not like they'd be any more angry. :haha:

Or I could just re-enact Collins in RENT. "MERRY CHRISTMAS, BITCHES!"

Glad you found a way to relieve the stress and blues, Opera!

Ginger,
I wish you were coming with me to the FL capitol on Saturday to see the Festivus Pole and the Flying Spaghetti Monster exhibit! We would have fun!

Good News: Fertility referral was approved and I have an Appt Jan 2nd
Bad News: It's 90 minutes away and the Dr only comes to my town a couple times a month. Not that I saw the dr much at the first fertility place but I have to see how it works here.

This is kind of a why not effort. Hubby is leaving the military sometime before April so my trying to get into a fertility clinic is just to see if we can try a couple months of what worked with having my son again on the military's dime. I don't want to go through testing of me and hubby again. I want only two things tested to see if I need meds adjusted before we try a couple of months. So I am really hoping I don't have to drive 90 minutes all the time and the treatment can be carried out in my town.
I also hope they won't try to test me again. It's a way they make money since they know the govt will pay. So I am hoping for an understanding dr/ nurse that understands. Otherwise we have to wait to see what hubby's new insurance will be and what it covers.

FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER EXHIBIT!

I am so there! :rofl:

Wow, that sounds like so much fun. If I tried to host something like that here in Kentucky, they would probably shoot me with their "hun'n' ra'fles" ("hunting rifles", for those of us that speak fucking English).

I am with you, I am in AL right now. the FSM would not fly here either!

Oooh! I love Rent.

What is this Flying Spaghetti Monster exhibit??

When the kansas board of education was considering inclusion of creationism/intelligent design at the exclusion of the theory of evolution, a letter was written petitioning them for the inclusion of a deity invented entirely by one dude. His argument was that his beliefs were just as valid as those held by believers of intelligent design due to the lack of scientific rigor applied to both.

so he created the flying spaghetti monster and someone put one on display next to the Festivus pole and the manger at the state capitol in FL.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6e/Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg/330px-Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg
here is his noodliness (may his noodly appendage touch us all, ramen)

Hi Ladies,

I had to update with my exciting news!! I think baby has been having a wiggle and I felt some flutters and slight wibbley feelings when I was sat very quiet and still at work today!! Can't be sure at this stage but its was like nothgin I felt before!! So exciting, how is everyone? xx

bumble - awww!!! You will start to feel it more and more. They still stay faint for a while. My doc said that they won't get stronger for a couple more weeks. I asked because I feel like mine are still light. Oddly enough, I feel them more during the day than night.

Aw bumblebee! I felt like someone was lightly touching me from the inside.

its so strange but a wonderful feeling I can relax a little bit more now :) :dance: xx

Wantanerd! Hahahahahaha! I'd never seen that before. HILARIOUS!

GP...if you wished me a "Happy Winter Solstice, may the Goddess shine her light upon you" in person, it would make my day.

Bumblebee! That's so sweet! May you be blessed with many, many more of those wonderful little wiggles and kicks in the months to come!

So, I have three more days of Provera. I'm thinking super positive. I just have this strange gut feeling that I'm going to have a textbook perfect cycle and find out I'm pregnant on January 23rd. I know, I'm totally nuts lol! But hey, it could totally happen. And if it doesn't...oh well....try, try again. Teehee.

Christmas blues are getting better...one side of the family is totally guilting us for saying "no" to their party but they'll get over themselves. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow...singing in the band (contemporary band) at church all day. It's a really nice day for those serving b/c they give us food (b/c my church has four candlelight services and people need to eat yo) and everyone has this awesome gift for leaving their issues at the door for a day and just loving on each other. It's a long day but it's also really peaceful. If I had to pick just one "thing" to do or go to for Christmas, it would totally be that.

If I don't get to check in on Christmas day, I hope everyone has a nice holiday, regardless of what you celebrate...be it Festivus, the winter solstice, Kwanza, the flying spaghetti monster hoedown, Christmas, a second Chanukah b/c you wanted a "Chanukah bush" or whatever. I just hope y'all have an awesome next few days. :)

Love ya ladies. :hugs:

I want to wish everyone a Happy Holidays!

Af has arrived today so I will start my first round of clomid on Wednesday Christmas Day! I have an HSG scheduled for the 30th of December as well. So I have my fx'd that this is the cycle for us! DH is very optimistic that this will be it.
Opera it could happen that you have a textbook cycle and get that BFP is January. I will definitely keep my fx'd for you.

Frustrated, good luck! :D

Opera, I hope you do have that textbook cycle and BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->