The Northern Ireland Crew!!

We were yellow for Abbie, but convinced she was blue! :dohh: :lol:
I think I'm secretly hoping pink Linds, but won't be disappointed with blue. I can see the advantages of both! :rofl:

Sometimes it amazes me how I'm halfway already Loui, other times it feels like I should be done already! :haha:

ditto!

Hi ladies:flower:.... i need some help. My OH and I are currently living together, he is working full time and I am on jobseekers allowance, although they dont actually give me any money coz of his earnings but i'm still classed as being on jobseekers. Anyway I was just thinking would I still be entitled to the maternity grant??
All advice would be great.
thank you xx I did post in work&finance but got no replies:shrug:

Hi ladies:flower:.... i need some help. My OH and I are currently living together, he is working full time and I am on jobseekers allowance, although they dont actually give me any money coz of his earnings but i'm still classed as being on jobseekers. Anyway I was just thinking would I still be entitled to the maternity grant??
All advice would be great.
thank you xx I did post in work&finance but got no replies:shrug:

my first instinct would be to say yes, but ill have a wee check and get back to you!

right here we go

Who can get a Sure Start Maternity Grant?

You can get a Sure Start Maternity Grant if you or your partner, receive any of the following on the date you claim:
Income Support
income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
income-related Employment and Support Allowance
Pension Credit
Child Tax Credit at a rate higher than the family element
Working Tax Credit where a disability or severe disability element is included in the award

and if one of the following applies to you on the date you claim:
you or your partner are pregnant and expecting a baby within 11 weeks or have given birth within the last three months
a dependent child you receive benefit for is expecting a baby within 11 weeks or has given birth within the last three months
you are not the mother and have become the responsible lone parent of a baby no more than one year old
you or your partner have been granted an adoption or a residence order for a baby no more than one year old
you and your partner have been granted a parental order for a surrogate birth and the baby is no more than one year old
you or your partner have been appointed the guardian of a baby no more than one year old
you or your partner have had a baby placed with you for adoption by an agency and the baby is no more one year old
you or your partner have adopted a baby abroad and the baby is no more than one year old

The term partner is used here to mean:
a person you are married to or a person you live with as if you are married to them
a civil partner or a person you live with as if you are civil partners
How much do you get?

You can get £500 for each baby. Your savings won't affect the grant.

so basically if ur on income based (which im pretty sure u will be as ur OH's earnings are taken into account) u get it. thats what i wud assume anyway!

It's only the first baby now though isn't it? Boo! Hiss!

Congrats again Courtney :)

I will be on team yellow again next time. If I can keep my risk low (basically if they ignore my first pregnancy) then I can use Lagan Valley again where it's 'Team Yellow Complusary'. Kevin really wants to have a surprise because his ex didn't let him with his girls, just be a bit different for him :). Reckon I will spot on the ultrasound again, espiecally if it's another boy.
Assuming I get pregnant of course!

Been so sik recently, it's made me slightly dread the thought of those sicky days with a 1-year-old in tow!

ur welcome. id def check with CAB or something just to make sure!

yeh...is citizens advice still going? I thought they had closed it down coz of no funding or somethin?

CAB is like my second home. Bless them. Hope you don't have to travel too far Samantha :)

They'll do telephone appointments too if you can't physically get there.

went in about a work issue and the first physically there appt they could give me was 2 weeks away. I was offered a telephone consult the next day.... :rolleyes:

yeah they're great! i found one in randalstown last week! :O

I keep thinking Randlestown is a town where Randle out of Monsters' inc lives. I imagine him all wrapped round the sign and all.

Hahaha that is so funny i'm going to be looking out for him anytime im near now :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->