The Northern Ireland Crew!!

I keep thinking Randlestown is a town where Randle out of Monsters' inc lives. I imagine him all wrapped round the sign and all.

:rofl::rofl:
Emy this has made my day :hugs:

I have to go there later so I'll keep an eye out for him. One day when I was driving through Moneymore I saw a man out walking along the road with a massive goose. It really did happen

Hello ladies, how is everyone keeping?
When does the MW start to check for dialation( in northern ireland) as i have heard from others in different parts of Uk they have either been checked from 34 weeks or havnt been checked til in labour and now im full term id really like to have a chevk to see whats going on before i agree r disagree to an induction. X

Im Pregnant :)
Have doctors appointment on wednesday will get scan booked aswell
Ino a few others are Due in may from northern ireland so i made up a thread
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...regnant-due-may-2012-ladies.html#post13247871

Just read this, huge congrats!! Aw bet you're over the moon! :happydance:

When does the MW start to check for dialation( in northern ireland) as i have heard from others in different parts of Uk they have either been checked from 34 weeks or havnt been checked til in labour and now im full term id really like to have a chevk to see whats going on before i agree r disagree to an induction. X

I first got checked at my first sweep one day before due date.

I got checked when i was having contractions :thumbup:

Im Pregnant :)
Have doctors appointment on wednesday will get scan booked aswell
Ino a few others are Due in may from northern ireland so i made up a thread
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...regnant-due-may-2012-ladies.html#post13247871

Just read this, huge congrats!! Aw bet you're over the moon! :happydance:

Thanks Josie a nice surprise :happydance: How is Maeve :cloud9:

Am I the only one scared at the thought of a sweep?! Also, when do they start checking ur cervix? My friend said internals were the worst part and Im panicing abit!

Exciting times Courtney! May will be a perfect time to have a baby :happydance: Maeve is great thanks! Fingers crossed she seems to be a better sleeper than Odhrán!

Luna bean they first checked my cervix in both pregnancies at the sweep on/one day before my due date. I think the thought of internals is worse than the reality. They're over quickly and are a little bit uncomfortable rather than painful in my opinion, worse if you're contracting during one though! Don't worry!

i didnt get checked until after my waters broke, there's no reason you HAVE to get checked at any point. you also dont have to have a sweep. so dont panic liz!

im in 2 minds about having a sweep again. it hurt like HELL. but it worked. so i dunno!

I was going at 38+2 to have my first internal check. I had agreed to this previously because Abbie was going to have to come soon one way or another. (pelvis/size issues that I won't start rambling about). Went into natural labour at 38+1 anyway so first check I had was when I arrived in hospital to deliver.

Well i didnt get checked today as i the end it was a different midwife that lives near me so didnt feel comfortable as i c her alot.

I didn't mind the sweep, probably because of the excitement that it might help bring baby along! Although it was VERY uncomfortable, midwife tells me to try & relax....something which is quite hard when some stranger is poking at your cervix! I think I tensed alot which probably made it feel worse, it actually made me feel sick don't know if thats just me though?? :shrug:

I only got internals during labour by that stage I didn't give a shit who was poking about down below as long as I had my gas and air!!

Thought id say hi im from bangor and have 2 boys and a baby girl who is 9 months :)

Welcome! :flower:

I got my sweep with Amy 4 days before my due date. I have said that this time around I will refuse one until I am at least at my due date as I found it very uncomfortable. Then again, it was a man with VERY BIG hands :rofl: A midwife did another sweep when I was in labour and it didn't really hurt at all. But like Linds said, I believe it put me in labour, so I don't know how I'll feel closer to the time.

Was at the hosp yesterday for my check up and I got nothing but bad news. First of all there's traces of blood and protein in my urine, so thats being sent off to the lab to see if I need antiBs. It would explain why I've been feeling like poop recently. Then the consultant said she wants me back every 2 weeks to check the babies growth as she's under the 10th centile. Not too far under, but they just want to make sure she keeps putting weight on! Plus they stabbed me and took bloods! Delightful!

Hope everyones keeping well xxx

Hope everything is ok lauzie. Relax and. Take it easy as best u can.
X

Hello MrsBB!! I have 2 boys and a baby girl as well! lol! I also livin in Bangor! I wonder do we know each other?

Am I the only one scared at the thought of a sweep?! Also, when do they start checking ur cervix? My friend said internals were the worst part and Im panicing abit!

I got offered a sweep at 38 weeks because I knew I was getting induced at term, but I have a mega posterior cervix and they couldn't reach it.

My internals were 50.50 depending on the MW. Some were painless, and sometimes I needed G&A and they were so traumatic I screamed. And I didn't scream during labour. I had a Sister and a Doctor do an internal on me and both times were the worse, midwives are a lot better at it in my experience.

Welcome Mrs BB :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->