The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Hi girls, am back in the land of the living, been in hosp wit food poisoning....damn chinese :sick: never again! but im starting to feel a lil bit peckish, wat wud b good 2 nibble on? even tho I cant even keep an ice lolly down but I wanna eat! :cry:

thank u .... mite try that, just dont know wat I want, feel hungry but the thought of food makes me wanna puke:sick: i'm such a bad patient:blush:

toast! and get flat coke into ya! glad ur on the mend, i had it a few months ago, it was AWFUL. didnt end up in hosp like u but i physically could not get out of bed for 3 days.

its funny how when we're sick we just want our mum or dad isnt it, even at our age! :haha: when i had the last mc i just wanted my mum, barry phoned her and she came and lay in bed with me.

The two days that I've been too ill to look after Silas I rung my Mum and she looked after us both. I asked how she coped when she had days like that and she went to her Mum too :)

I did miss being able to mope. I wasn't really well for about a week but after day 2 I was back to getting on with things and soildering on...don't know how single parents do it with more than one...

When I was in labour all I could think was "I want my Mummy!" I didn't voice it though coz M is a sensitive soul and would have taken it to mean he wasn't good enough. :dohh:

i love my dad to bits, we have a funny best-friend type relationship but wen hes here i still like getting cuddles off him on the sofa. ANd i love it wen he comes in and asks how 'his girls' are doing. :cloud9:
My mum and i butt heads on sooo many things but wen the shit hits the fan i need her. Poppy's already such daddys girl its crazy. But wen shes sick or hurt... Only mummy will do :cloud9:

...I just need to get her calling me mummy now, not baba. :dohh:

make me jealous hearing you talk about your dads that way!I think I would have been a daddys girl. especially as I got older we could have gone on motorbike rides together.

I'm not a mummys girl. My mum and I do go out for coffee and chat. But I don't ever feel the need to call her if I'm sick or whatever, we don't have that type of relationship. never have.

My daughter is a daddy's girl and a mummys girl. Its really nice. My boys are mummys boys! I love it!!

Im not that close to either of my parents .. I left home to go to uni and never went back, my Dad now lives abroad so I dont see him much and my Mum has to many of her own problems to be any help :S !! I have a great relationship with my sister though....

And Im really lucky to have my In laws .. we are very close and they are a great support to my hubby and me. We are even considering selling both our houses and buying one together and adding a granny flat for them ... which would also be a great help for our child care in the future and they would benefit from not having a big house to look after.

^wow! i have a brilliant relationship with my inlaws, my MIL has been amazing with helping with pops recently since i got preggers again. but no WAY would i live with them :haha: especially with a new baby!

Hey everyone what stressful weekend I've had! Moving house is the worst:dohh: had no internet for like 5 days so it's nice to catch up on everything that's been going on and get my fix lol 5 days without internet seems forever to me I rely on it soooo much! Why does everything go wrong when you move?! First my heating wouldn't work, then my washing machine was leaking and flooded my floor, my tumble dryer is broke there seems to be water around the drum?! We rely so much on modern appliances I don't think I could cope back in the old days lol

Think I might need to take a trip up to the carboot myself, the kids have far to many toys that don't even get played with and we have no room for everything in this new house, the bedrooms are far smaller. Also with christmas coming up there will be more toys to add!

On a brighter note Madison is finally walking around with confidence at 17 months! She bum shuffled everywhere until recently although she still isn't talking or saying any recognisable words :( HV reckons she'll maybe benefit from speech therapy. I don't mind really as long as she's happy & healthy!

I didn't really have a close relationship with my dad but he was an affectionate person and wish he got the chance to meet his grandchildren. My mum is like my best friend, I could go round at the weekend and have a drink with her and talk to her about ANYTHING! Although couldn't say I'd rely on her too much for babysitting probably when I really really need her for something important she would gladly help. Can't say much about the inlaws babysitting either but they spoil the grandkids rotten and would buy them anything they needed.

Wen does 3rd tri start btw? Seems to be dif on here!

Amanda, glad to hear M is walking now! :dance: do you think you will go for speech therapy or give it a bit longer? Poppy was only saying 2 or 3 words at that age, then once she hit 18 months she just started copying EVERYTHING!

Liz, I think 3rd tri is 26/27 weeks?

If you split the 40 weeks equally It's around 26+4, but I think it's "celebrated" at 27 weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->