The Northern Ireland Crew!!

It's always sad when talented young people die, but with biking (racing in particular) you are always aware of the risks. My Dad was nearly killed in a race when I was about 5 and had a horrendous road crash about 8 years ago where he flew over a car and awoke to have a young woman crying over him thinking she'd killed him.

He'll bike again, I have no problem with it. I had a (rather pathetic) scooter for a while and managed to come off that twice.

It is soooo dangerous, but you know yourself there's nothing really like it. I hate to use the line but it's probably true that he died doing the thing he loved the most, therefore he embraced life - something a lot of us will never do.

:hugs:

don't know where to o put this but I'm a little sad today.
a moto gp rider Marco Simoncelli died during a race today in a horrible crash. I dont know this dude. But we are a biking family and both us us ride and I have been on track a number of times. Its a big part of us.
Its just makes me so sad that this talented young man (24) has ceased to exist!

How can I mourn a man I don't know?

Anyway. Thats that. needed to get it out.[/QUOTE

It was really terrible but I guess he new the risks when he started every race and he was such a character and will be missed in the sport. RIP Marco

he did know the risks i guess.
I have had a terrible crash that nearly killed me and I got on the bike again. Its such a deep passion that you cant just turn of the desire to ride.

Anyway....on a lighter note!!

When are we going to meet? The days are getting horrid and I dont drive so Im keen to get meeting up before Mr Snow comes! lol

I'm dreading the snow this year again :cry:
We just aren't equipped for it at all

I'm busy for weeks :cry:, will be a spontaenous meet probably that I can do. Next week thursday is the only day I can do for ages.

I hated last winter, being pregnant and ready to pop, and having to face snow and ice was scary!

last year was terrible. :nope:

I won't be able to do a meet in the forseeable future either unless it's nearby. And I wouldn't expect you all to travel to Ballymena. :nope:

last year was terrible. :nope:

I won't be able to do a meet in the forseeable future either unless it's nearby. And I wouldn't expect you all to travel to Ballymena. :nope:

I could do a meet in Ballymena sometime if I ever get my car driving properly again & loui is near Ballymena too!! :thumbup:

:dance: I'd love that!

we'd need to go somewer with soft play though, Poppy DOES NOT do "sitting in one place" really :haha: ah well, a toddler's perogative.

As much as I'd like to have a mini meet, not sure if I could make it that far. :(

Is it just me or does the momtastics kids craft bean shooter a bit like :saywhat: I think if I gave Alex that I'd be worried he'd shoot it into madisons eye or even his own! :dohh: maybe the dried beans are soft :shrug: but I know my son would be a typical boy and put all sorts in there to see what he could shoot! It's advertised at the top of the homepage, I remember those being banned when I was at school.

if we do a weekend, what about funky monkeys at abbeycentre?

hiya girlies! Sorry have been MIA again! Will catch up on all the goss asap!

Just wanted to say a meet at funky monkeys would suit me! I never go to soft plays with Amy as I just feel sorry for her running around on her own, but with other LOs there I reckon she'd have a ball x

here is rihannas video she made in belfast. I think she forgot to write the lyrics and just says the same thing over and over again lol It was shite. lol

https://panicdots.com/2011/10/rihanna-we-found-love-music-video-the-one-shot-in-belfast/

Abbey Centre...hmmm....I'm thinking I could persuade my Mum to drop me off and find my own way back or get collected. A saturday meet would be lovely :), OHs about?

Can do Sat 5th :)

sat 5th sounds good to me too (i think... ive a funny feeling my little bro is over that day but I can see him later on) ... actually it wud probably suit better as he'll be staying with my folks just up the road from FM's and I can go there straight after! :D

so who's in??

If i drove or knew my way around (bus) id join use, but have fun and i wanna see pics of all your cute kids together playing lol

i doubt we'll be allowed to take pics :nope: wer r u coming from again? i forget :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->