The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Ohh I havnt long to go then!

Can I just SCREAM cuz Ive won a competition to MEET Katy Perry before the concert on Monday! :happydance: :happydance: I love her!

Im not that close to either of my parents .. I left home to go to uni and never went back, my Dad now lives abroad so I dont see him much and my Mum has to many of her own problems to be any help :S !! I have a great relationship with my sister though....

And Im really lucky to have my In laws .. we are very close and they are a great support to my hubby and me. We are even considering selling both our houses and buying one together and adding a granny flat for them ... which would also be a great help for our child care in the future and they would benefit from not having a big house to look after.

Sounds most similar to my relationship with my parents, moved out at 17 and was glad to get away. My Dad is currently living abroad and Mum'll be joining him soon so won't see either of them much. I think it would be a lot less strained if they weren't evangelical Christians when both me and my brother left the church in our teens. (it's hard to ignore they're heartbroken about it and probably pray for our salvation every night. Makes me uncomfortable)

I do have a good relationship with my brother but he's just left for uni over in England so won't see him so much.

At the same time, Mum is a lot more 'Mum-like' without my Dad around. I think he prohibits how much she cares about us. Never really did anything with me and my brother when we were growing up, don't think he enjoyed parenting very much. He forces her to think very logically and narrowmindedly and it's a shame.

Anyway, rant over. :haha:

Emy its through her website so theres a time difference, so disnt get the email til that time wen Wavy was leaving to go to work!lol

Hey all,
I've been AWOL... sorry.
Back to work and all that - stressful week as one of my Year 8s puked over my classroom! Stink has only just dissipated!
Hope you're all well
x

Boke!!

Ok, so I have a dilema..again lol. Im not in any way religious at all..but Im torn as to whether I should get Noah christened in a church or not? I dont wana be a hypocrite..but is it fair on him not to be christened? Also, it would only end up as a piss-up/party for my family who arent religious either, it wudnt be about Noahs day. Ex-MIL is still gona be a part of his life, she still sees him as her grandchild even tho me and ex-oh split and I see her quite abit, more than my own family. Shes still trying to get me to move closer to her so she can help me when he comes/look after him if I wana go back to work etc, and she's very religious so it would be important to her.

THEN there's the whole 'godparent' thing. Ex-oh has asked to be godmother since we're on speaking terms now, she hates Wavy, who I was going to ask since she's been there for me/Noah from the start, and says she wont even go to his christening if I make Wavy godmother as she wont stand by and see someone who she hates help bring up my child. And me and Wavy have been arguing constantly about how she doesnt think ex-oh deserves to be in his life at all after the way she treated me, and I can see where shes coming from, but me and ex-oh were together 4 years, and it obv wasnt all bad, since we were trying for 'our' baby.

If I ask them both, there's no way in hell they'll both stand side by side and pass him off to the other.

OR do I just have a naming ceremony? And not give him godparents!! Ahhh I duno what to do!!!!

number 1, you need to do what you think is best for Noah. Who do you think will make the better godparent? And if you cant answer, then choose both and they can just fucking get over it. It's not about them.

I think, personally, that if you don't believe in it, you shouldn't get him christened. We didn't christen Poppy. She has 2 "supporting adults" which is like the non-religious alternative to godparents.

Yea I was thinking of maybe having something like that, Im not close to my family at all, but I do want him to have other people there for him apart from me. They'd both be good for him but in different ways, but cant stand each other! They both think the other isnt good enough for him tho! Bloody women!!

How do you appoint 'Supporting Adults' Linds?

My parents are very 'religious' but don't believe in Christening. Me and my brother weren't christened and I cna honestly say it has made absolutely no difference to me or my life.

I agree with Lindsay, but it's up to you. What's important is that he's surrounded by a friends and family that love him :)

we just asked them! Its barry's cousin/best friend and his wife. If you have a naming ceremony they appoint them "officially" but we just asked them. But if something ever happened to barry and i, poppy would go to my parents.

My dad, despite being a scientist, is quite religious, in the sense he believes in god etc. but wouldnt call himself a christian or goes to church. my brother and i were christened, but only because my mum says "its just what was done in those days" i.e. her mum told her to.

Amanda, glad to hear M is walking now! :dance: do you think you will go for speech therapy or give it a bit longer? Poppy was only saying 2 or 3 words at that age, then once she hit 18 months she just started copying EVERYTHING!

Liz, I think 3rd tri is 26/27 weeks?

I don't know what to do, maybe I will leave it a bit longer, I keep finding myself comparing her to Alex and what he was doing at her age. He was alot more advanced compared to her but I have to keep reminding myself that all babies do their milestones at different stages! It doesn't help when people would say 'oh she isn't talking yet?!' and they also comment on how she won't look at people, she tends to ignore when you call her name or try to talk to her, the only time she'll sit and listen is when I read to her.:shrug:

Amanda, glad to hear M is walking now! :dance: do you think you will go for speech therapy or give it a bit longer? Poppy was only saying 2 or 3 words at that age, then once she hit 18 months she just started copying EVERYTHING!

Liz, I think 3rd tri is 26/27 weeks?

I don't know what to do, maybe I will leave it a bit longer, I keep finding myself comparing her to Alex and what he was doing at her age. He was alot more advanced compared to her but I have to keep reminding myself that all babies do their milestones at different stages! It doesn't help when people would say 'oh she isn't talking yet?!' and they also comment on how she won't look at people, she tends to ignore when you call her name or try to talk to her, the only time she'll sit and listen is when I read to her.:shrug:

ignore ppl. some women think all babies should be walking by 10 months and giving speeches by 18 months. :hugs:

Silas' uncle Jonathan, said his first word (plug) when he was 2 years old. Went on to study in Oxford uni and sucessfully ran his own business for several years. He now lives abroad.

don't know where to o put this but I'm a little sad today.
a moto gp rider Marco Simoncelli died during a race today in a horrible crash. I dont know this dude. But we are a biking family and both us us ride and I have been on track a number of times. Its a big part of us.
Its just makes me so sad that this talented young man (24) has ceased to exist!

How can I mourn a man I don't know?

Anyway. Thats that. needed to get it out.

don't know where to o put this but I'm a little sad today.
a moto gp rider Marco Simoncelli died during a race today in a horrible crash. I dont know this dude. But we are a biking family and both us us ride and I have been on track a number of times. Its a big part of us.
Its just makes me so sad that this talented young man (24) has ceased to exist!

How can I mourn a man I don't know?

Anyway. Thats that. needed to get it out.

Saw that crash on tv, only found out a while ago the poor fella was killed, so awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->