• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Northern Ireland Crew!!

I wasn't scared about giving birth at all, til I was in established labour! Then I was petrified!!! The whole way through my pregnancy I just purposely didn't think about it! denial is a wonderful thing. I cried at that programme! Does anyone else watch home birth diaries?? I'm definitely opting for one next time around and love this programme!!!

Thanks again for the lovely welcome!

I have my first GP appointment in the morning, anyone know what I should expect? Just blood tests to confirm and then a referral to midwife?

PS: For anyone that's interested there is a show on BB1 at 10.35pm called Special Deliveries which was filmed in the Ulster's Maternity Hospital (where I will hopefully be going!!)

I didn't get a blood test! They werent even going to do a poas test cuz I'd done 4 at home, except I made her! Then they ask do you want a home birth etc and which hospital you would like to use, and refer you to the antenatal clinic!

Home Birth is very much dependent on your HSC Trust and/or hospital. Ours doesn't offer.

debbie... you just have to push it. every woman has the right to a homebirth. they try to put you off with staffing issues etc, but if its a home birth you really want, then you are entitled to it! im defo gonna aim for one next time :)

Admittedly I didn't ask, but researhed internet etc and Craigavon don't send their midwives out? I'm sure in some cases they do but me? I'm more than happy to pay an extortionate amount to have my consultant there, with the drugs, tending to my every whim, in the hospital next time again. :rofl:

Admittedly I didn't ask, but researhed internet etc and Craigavon don't send their midwives out? I'm sure in some cases they do but me? I'm more than happy to pay an extortionate amount to have my consultant there, with the drugs, tending to my every whim, in the hospital next time again. :rofl:

u cud always go for an independent midwife! I'm considering this for next time!

yeah, i think its the community midwifes here who do home births, in fact, i know it is, as when i was in the ulster having ruby, there were a whole load of community midwives in trying to see a water birth, so that they could be 'signed off' to do it when attending home births... i thought one student was enough (she was amazing) so declined to have them all gawking at me too lol... although they were very handy with the old BF support after she arrived lol

Nah, I liked my consultant. He was fab. I also liked the drugs. :blush:

All for everyone having what they want of course, but Homebirth would completely not be *my* thing. I'm too big a ginny!

edit: dear lord! If my Community MW was the one doing the HB I certainly wouldn't opt for it! she was a grade A :mamafy: :rofl:

Thanks again for the lovely welcome!

I have my first GP appointment in the morning, anyone know what I should expect? Just blood tests to confirm and then a referral to midwife?

PS: For anyone that's interested there is a show on BB1 at 10.35pm called Special Deliveries which was filmed in the Ulster's Maternity Hospital (where I will hopefully be going!!)

Like others said i don't think they'll do bloods, mine didn't even make me POAS again...

Bridget and I had ourn photos taken for that programme when she was 1 day old - for the promo material! haven't spotted it yet thoughj!

It would have to be after 12.30 as I go to breast feeding group on a Thursday morning.

ohh I love Isaac. your baby is so cute!!!

Is there any one from Bangor/ards fancy a meet up? I dont drive so couldnt really go much further than that

me :thumbup:

Could meet somewhere for lunch? What about you too NIfirsttimer?

perfect! half twelve then? or a bit later so you can get from boob club?

lol..give me 10 mins to walk round! lol...your toddler could play in the soft play area in javas. Give her something to do and give you a break!

Ohh I watched Special Deliveries with the OH, I was horrified!!
I was like, I've changed my mind! I don't want a baby! We'll adopt instead!
And he goes... "Too late now babe."
Eeeeeeeek!!! *terrified*

Em, I'm sure LVH are good really! I think my consultant did my 12 week scan? Ooh.

I was watching it with my OH too, she told me to turn the sound down abit cus it was disturbing her :rofl:

ok, fill me in on the plans for thursday then..... ive got a bit lost lol

Thursday? wats happening on Thursday?

Thursday I think a couple of us are meeting for lunch in Bangor...
Jumpin Java Cafe at 12.45ish... Hope we've not put anyone out, if anyone else is that neck of the woods please come too! I want to meet everyone!

I don't know anyone's real name NIfirsttimer and LittleAurora!!

Last time we went C hated the play area, she wanted me to go in with her!! -no chance I was 8 months pregnant! She may yet be at the childminder :)

everyone up for a meet @ the museum on the 18th??

i cant do weekends :-( work is pants
weds & fridays are pretty much my only available days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"