The Northern Ireland Crew!!

bugger pleasing everyone, do what you want! it's YOUR day!!

Yup! Your Day :)

NYE's a good time for a birthday too - I was busy giving birth last year :lol:

Little party at my parents then his party next week on 7th Jan.

Welcome Bumpy!

Steph - fair play to you! I think I'll prob end up doing our wedding something similar! Are you doing the whole white wedding thing? How much does the city hall cost? xx

Oh it sounds so romantic! And City Hall is lovely at that time of year too.

Aw Steph it sounds fab, great date for a party! I loved planning our wedding but it seems like a lifetime ago now :cry:

bugger pleasing everyone, do what you want! it's YOUR day!!

That's Ian's attitude completely but I will admit I am a bit of a "people-pleaser" and it'll really stress me out if I think I've upset someone :blush:

Where will you have the party? In your house or at a venue?

Just at our house, we entertain quite lot and have had a couple of big parties before for friends/family surprise parties etc, so no-one will think it odd that we're throwing this party, whereas they would if we hired somewhere.

Welcome Bumpy!

Steph - fair play to you! I think I'll prob end up doing our wedding something similar! Are you doing the whole white wedding thing? How much does the city hall cost? xx

No, not doing the white wedding, just going to get a dress that won't look too over-dressed at the party as we'll probably not announce it til close to midnight! Although I've been searching online and anything I like isn't in my size (doesn't help that I'm a heffer :cry: )

City Hall for us was £289 as it's a Saturday, Monday to Friday is £173 and it's £338 for bank holidays.

Know what you mean about people pleasing, we would've liked to have got married in Italy but stayed here so that all the grannies could make it, though it was a fantastic day. Only 4 years ago but seems like ages! Dunno whether it's your kinda thing but I've got some beautiful Monsoon dresses off eBay at bargain prices, we were at a wedding 3 weeks ago and I got a teal silk empire line dress for £24, it was immaculate too. Noticed no cars or flowers on your list but maybe you're not bothering with either? Happy planning!

It's a great time of year with Christmas coming up to find nice party-type dresses in the shops. Hope you find something special!

Samantha come join us on due 2012 thread in my sig, ttcers welcome :)
x

hows the wedding plans comaing along steph? :)

Quite well thanks! Rings ordered, dress picked (I think!), it's purple and quite plain. Feel quite chilled!

What's new with everyone else? :flower:

Quite well thanks! Rings ordered, dress picked (I think!), it's purple and quite plain. Feel quite chilled!

Dress sounds lovely! At least you can wear it again...mine's in a box under the bed! Not long until your big day.

We're moving house this day week so it's all go with us (must be mad!)

good luck with the house move Josie! I am so not looking forward to doing that next year!

Dress sounds lovely! At least you can wear it again...mine's in a box under the bed! Not long until your big day.

We're moving house this day week so it's all go with us (must be mad!)

Hope the move goes smoothly, i half hated moving but half loved it, i guessed pregnany brain didnt help me at the time tho lol are use staying in the same area?

good luck with the move josie! we moved when poppy was 9 weeks old, then again a couple of months ago (me unknowingly pregnant at the time). not fun!

I always like the thought of moving to a new house, but when it comes down to it I hate all the packing and unpacking again.

Thanks girls. We're just moving round the corner but to a 3 bed as with two babies and a dog space is tight. We haven't moved in 9 years so I'm probably in for a shock re all the work that's involved! It'll be nice to be in for Christmas though :happydance:

That'll be nice to be in before the hols definitely, and a few weeks to get yourself to rights before xmas itself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->