The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Hi guys I need your brains!

Apart from the shelters (Im keeping my eye on them) and Gumtree Where is the best place to look for a pup?
I am looking for a full bred Pomeranian pup.

Thank you!!

please please be careful with gumtree! a lot of the pups on there come from puppy farms :cry:

A lot of pups in Northern Ireland come from puppy farms :(

When we got our miniature Schnauzer 8 years ago we visited 3 'breeders' before finding one which wasn't breeding tonnes of different dogs in sheds. The best way is by word of mouth, possibly contact the Belfast Dog Show Society and see if they'll give you a catalogue of recent shows, then you can see if you can contact the breeders on there, if it's definately a pedigree you want.

Miniature Schnauzer from a puppy farm will cost you £400-£500, they will make you pay more for a female. Miniature Schnauzer from reputable breeder will cost £600 - £700 and all genders will be priced the same. Another sign of a good breeder will be if your dog comes with a 'breeding ban' which can be lifted, but generally you need the original breeders approval. Stops people farming them since they can't register the puppies.

I'm guessing any pedigree dog these kind of price differences/conditions apply.

i cannot WAIT til we can get a dog, we have agreed to wait until Lola is off to nursery! I will only get a rescue dog though, my folks are huge into rescue dogs and I don't fancy a pedigree anyway (or the price tag that comes with them!)

Here, has anyone else got a cheque off the social fund?! I got a 75 quid cheque in the post this morning for "fuel costs"! :shock: says u get it if ur on income support too!

No cheque here. Boo!

We have a rescue dog too Linds. A dolly mixture dog we call him. :lol:

Rescue dogs always have the nicest personalities, ours are such yappy little things. But having a rescue dog wasn't an option for my parents, and if it had been they'd not have had a big dog or a shedding dog which doesn't give them many options. :dohh:

I have a pure bred German shepherd. LOVE HIM SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!

Its not that I'm against mongrels its the designer dogs that boils my piss. Breeding 2 different dogs and selling them for pedigree prices. GRRRR....HISSSS!!!!!!!

What's the social fund cheque then?
We haven't had a dog since I was a child - in no hurry to be honest, but would much rather a dog than a cat

I have a pure bred German shepherd. LOVE HIM SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!

Its not that I'm against mongrels its the designer dogs that boils my piss. Breeding 2 different dogs and selling them for pedigree prices. GRRRR....HISSSS!!!!!!!

Gets my goat too. 'Schnoodles and Labradoodles'. But supply and demand, people wanted them so they got them :shrug:

If I ever have a dog again (me and OH are a little anti-pet atm) it'll be a miniature dashund I think. Love those tiny little legs, dead quirky. I'd happily take something similar from a shelter if I came across one.

i think a lot of people cross-breed poodles because they are hypo-allergenic! labradoodles are lovely, though I agree, pedigree prices shouldn't apply!

In most cases cross-breeding gets rids of a lot of diseases/risks specific to certain breeds. but that's not what pedigree breeders want to hear :haha:

Was a big hoo-haa about 5 years ago on crufts where presenter Ben Fogle brought a Labradoodle on and said about the benefits of cross-breeding. Breeders went ballistic about it! I remember mine ranting when Lotte went up to hers for a trim (she's in colraine).

But a lot of people think they are breeds anyway.

What's the social fund cheque then?

What I've been wondering also:shrug:

Our dog could be known as a heinz dog also lol. She is labrador, akita, dalmation cross. Love her to pieces, she is the sweetest, cutest dog ever. Only fault is her never ending hyperness :haha: Basically she looks like a small labrador, with an akita head, and body shape of a dalmation. Hubby's friend's pedigree labrador had a bit of fun with an akita/dalmation cross and had six puppies. So we took one, and although she was/still is a lot of work, I wouldn't part with her for the world.

the cheque is a one-off payment for fuel costs, it says u get it if ur on ESA, IS, or a couple of other benefits! Just gets sent out automatically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->