The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Sorry, cross-posted!

As I said, you dont have to be catholic to go to a catholic school here but its a bit silly to go to a faith school if not brought up in that faith IMO (and that goes for any faith schools, not just catholicism). As far as the catholic church being involved in catholic school goes, I'm afraid it does make sense since traditionally they have been financed by the church unlike secular schools.

I think tazgirl said what I was trying to say, only slightly better!
A real tough one. DH and I were both raised protestant, but we have nothing to do with church. our children haven't been christened, nor did we have a naming ceremony. Very personal choices I know! DH is a 'not-god'-father to a friend's wee boy :)
Also I'm not certain that a catholic christening is a requirement for catholic schools. I know it isn't in England, not sure about NI though.

That is a toughie. My own personal take on it is, if you are going to raise your child in the church, and instill religion in their upbringing, then by all means get them christened. If you aren't, I don't see the point. If it was me personally, and my OH wasn't religious and just wanted the ceremony for his family, I'd have to put my foot down and say no. We are both atheist though.

Girlies - just a quick questions - about to book baby rave tickets. Is it the 10th at 3.30? x

Numpty - it is a tough one isn't it?! We are both protestant,but don't go to church etc, so we decided against christening the girls and will leave it up to them to decide if they want to do it in later life.

If your hubby isn't religious and not actively attending church I would agree with Nuke and say no. If he was attending church though I would maybe agree to a ceremony xxx

Love it!! Can't wait for it now. Grahams coming with us x

I'm excited about Baby Rave! Are we all going to arrange to meet up somewhere before or after, as I guess when it's actually on it'll be pretty full on with the wee ones...

Wooohoooo Doodlebug! I had to do my weigh in today to get the next weeks menu/meal plan so only 4 days for the first one rather than waiting. I hadn't lost anything, but I just started AF afterwards and I can often gain up to 8lbs before my period in water retention. So hopefully next week I'll get a lovely suprise :happydance:

Really do think both of these cycles are out. This cycle will put EDD around the start of December and next cycle will put it around the end of December :shrug:. I cannot win. We may try NTNP to a degree rather than active prevention - cause that just seems silly! But I will try and stay away from pee-sticks etc.

good luck for next week emy :)

I got af today so am dreadin next weeks weigh in. I usually eat everything in sight when i've got my period. :blush:

thats fab doodle!!!

debbie!! SO EXCITED FOR U!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back