The Northern Ireland Crew!!

welcome newbies
we have a good selection now
we are dotted all over the map lol

Aww poor wee man :(

Are there any meets coming up? I think I warrent going to one now I can join the pregnant contingent (again lol)

Lo newbies! Hoorayyyyyyyyyyy! That's three of us from Ards area. Mental.:wacko:

Liz...huge congratulations! H&h 9 months to you, Sweets. :hugs:

Lindsay...cute, cute, cute nappies. Love 'em. I'm not going to venture there as it's nearly time to think about potty training and I need a new obsession like I need a hole in the head.

Is it me or is FB very quiet thanight?

XXX

Ive been thinking of using cloth nappies, but I think Id go overboard buying them all :rofl: They're soooo cute tho, and do make alot more sense! I wouldn't even know where to start tho, but suppose I have 8 months to gather everything up!!

How do you know what ones to get? What brand/ebay seller etc? Do some suit different babies better, or are they pretty generic, its more a personal taste which ones you have?

Liz even if you do birth to potty nappies you'll still need some newborn to do at the start anyways. You won't really know what system will work for your bubs until you start using the nappies unfortunately but you can buy them 2nd hand on Cloth Nappy Tree or on the B/S/T nappy section on here. I've got some 2 parters and a couple newborn bumgenius. There are SO many different types of nappies you'd be better joining/going into the natural parenting section on here and asking there because a lot of the mamas there have done NB cloth nappies - I can tell you more after Atticus is born LOL

Lol I'll be grilling you when he's born! I can imagine my sisters face when I go to change the baby and it has a wee cloth bum :rofl: She'd never even entertain the thought of it when you can just chuck the others in the bin! Will pop over to the natural parenting bit and have a wee juke!

I was advised to buy 2nd hand and I have to say it's actually easier because you don't have to prewash or anything and they're a lot cheaper. Plus it means you can get a couple of each brand so you're not stuck buying 1 system

Sorry to hear the little man didn't make it. RIP xxxx

Whats this about an NI BNB facebook page? Am i on it or am I missing out on something? xxx

Liz even if you do birth to potty nappies you'll still need some newborn to do at the start anyways.

Silas went straight into birth to potty nappies :) - but definately agree you need to find a system that works for you. Took me a bit of tampering before I had them sussed. Typically the ones I paid the most for were the best *rollseyes*,I didn't know you could get 2nd hand ones until I had bought all mine! Was the first thing I bought, at 10 weeks pregnant.

What BTP did you put him in?? What weight was he when he was born?? I've seen most of the girls in NP say that BTP won't work for a NB because of the leg holes, they find NB still have skinny legs. I think one of the girls had a 9 or 10lber and was able to use BTP straight away. I have some BTP that still fit Saraya so they'll do Atticus when he's a bit bigger... I doubt I'm gonna have a 10lber because Saraya was only 7lb 10oz! Linds and I had been all over CNT lol fighting over who's more skint hahahaha

Yes! I did leave that detail out XD - thought you'd ask!

Yeah, he was born 9lbs14oz but was about 8lbs10 or something when I got him home - so yes - big baby! I'd have bought NB ones if I'd have heard that before, I literally only spoke to one person about it and guessed the rest, I'd barely started to be a member on BnB and was only ever in the trimester forums.

I was intending to use disposables until he was big enough so just skipped that bit.

Aha you were caught out lol Yea I remember Saraya having really skinny legs at the start so I'm glad I have the NB BG. I'm not sure about the teenyfits as I HATE the plasticy outside of TB. I also have 2 parters of the coloured bamboozles and wraps which were all 2nd hand [I got a box of 15bamboozles for £30 inc the delivery!]

I wanted the coloured bamboozles too! Just had an orange one in the end in size 2 or something that I got in a clearance sale, I wasn't too keen on the velcro (have two velcro ones and I CONSTANTLY forget to fold the tabs over), I knew so little at the time I just stuck with the same sort of thing.

Thanks for the welcome girls :happydance:

Tiggertea - whereabouts are you from?

So technically I'm gona need one or two different types of nappies/inserts, then see which ones suit best? Bet its the most expensive ones :rofl:

We tried LOADS of different ones and the best for us are itti bitti d'lish (around 13 quid new, so not too bad) and wee notions (start around 11 quid and go up to basically however much u want, depends on which embroideries you want!) poppy STILL can't wear BTP nappies, just don't suit her! here's my list for #2 liz, in case u want a gander:

2 x-small fuzzis
2 small itti aios
3 small itti sios
1 flip cover w/ stay dry and organic inserts
2 BG V4s
2 small wnss
2 small bambootys
2 easyfits
2 lil joeys
2 small wn wraps
2 size 1 tots bots stretch
1 small WNNL
2 small BBSS
2 teenyfits

Pops is still in small WN?? Saraya is in large, the OS just about still fit her [except the velcro one!] and the ittis don't work for us at all [although I've ordered a tutto to see if that works for us...] ISSY BEAR [about £13/£14] are our favourite along with WN

Our best fit comes from ebay cheapies BTP :rofl:
Oh, and Flips. Favourites are flips!

So you can see how every child is different!

Yeah - I have a couple of kind of one-off ebay cheapies which I looooove. Then one itti tutto, one tot bot BTP velcro, one Mini Lala velcro (which I have never much got on with), about six unbranded one-offs from eBay including an end-of-line from a company once known as 'Bububini', 5 cheapie 'Baba&Boo', 10 £3 a piece ultra cheaps which are varying in quality and now my fav 10 Blueberry BTP bamboo guys.

I have about 40 in total but really you do NOT need that many. I over bought big time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->