The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Hi Stacey - Im good. Just finished watching an awesome film - the intouchables. subtitles as its in French but you stop noticing not far in. Makes a change to watch a thoughtful, film with a plot different from the usual. The French do seem to be pretty good at making films. Even DH really loved it and he's normally a shoot em up/horror kind of guy. Yoga this morning was really good too, it seems to loosen all my stiff and sore parts, relax my mind and reduce all the pregnancy anxiety.

Hey Stacey, good thank you, how about you?? Bit peeved that my cycles are refusing to regulate! Keep getting random one day bleeds!!!
Dreamers that is in my top ten favourite films!!! Totally love it, so sincere, fabulous acting :) cried like a baby at the end lol!!
Yoga sounds nice :)) I've never tried it. One of those things I've always fancied but never got round to!!
Hope everyone else is well xx

Hi Stacy, doing well over here. Allergies are kicking my butt and Abigail has a cough but doctor says allergies don't appear this young, I hope not because she's miserable! We are doing the March of Dimes walk today. She was born at 36+2 so just barely considered preemie but want to do it and it's for a good cause. :) Hope you are all having good weekends!

Dreamers- good movie indeed! Yoga! That sounds like fun... I'm not to flexible so haven't tried it lol. I loveeeee horror movies!

Lucy- what a bummer! Hopefully they'll regulate soon! I know it's a pain and pretty frustrating.

Gardens- that's awesome!!!! Good luck! *praying its not allergies* poor baby!!

Afm- not much going on here. Actually hubby only has 3 night shifts left and then it's done!!! He'll be working days now. From 10 am to 9 pm I think. I am ohhhh so excited to have the house to myself and do as much cleaning as I've been wanting too! It's hard to do do much around the house when the husband is sleeping in the room. My room is always dark! Ughhh. First thing I'll be doing is-changing curtains!!! Did I mention I'm realyyyy excited?! Lol.

I know what you mean Stacey, DH and I are both normally shift workers, but I think I hate it when he's on nights more than me! Turns him into a complete grump, have to creep around the house and not only do we have black out curtains but he insists on hanging blankets over the windows to eliminate any tiny bit of light. It will be wonderful have your DH on permanent days - such a better lifestyle! Enjoy!

Dreamers are you doing prenatal yoga? Do you find it helps to stretch you out?

Or basically this is to anyone actually who can offer advice on starting to get limber.

Operation - I am doing pre-natal yoga. But i have done other yoga classes in the past and found it did help muscle aches and also helped me relax after a busy day at work. Id recommend giving it a go pregnant or not!

Babyo- I found prenatal yoga helpful, too. I think you will like it. Are you having lots of aches and pains?

I'm starting to have aches and pains. It's not awful or anything and it's better when I make sure I get up at least twice an hour to stand and walk around a bit. I guess I get stiffer than I used to?

Also, I'm trying not to be worried about something, but I'm really worried about something. When I had my triple screen done my MW just sent a message that said "It's all great!" That was her entire comment. I had to get my records to take to the new MW (we are moving to another state in August) and when I looked at my total results my PAPP-A was really low (.36). Low PAPP-A has been associated with Down's. But my risk was still 1:2900. My NT scan was perfect and my HCG was totally fine. I tried not to freak out but I was a little freaked out.

Then on our anatomy scan they saw an EIF (glowie spot on the heart). The tech did not say anything in the moment but it was obviously there and abnormal so I saw it. (Hooray for being in healthcare and sort of knowing what I'm looking at. Not.) Anyway, I of course immediately went to look at the scan results to confirm what I saw. An EIF is also considered a soft marker of DS. Now my MW has yet to contact me with these results. The report just said "benign finding in the absence of other abnormalities"

I can't decide if I should be freaked out or not. If I hadn't pulled my own triple screen results I would be none the wiser and think all was "great." If I wasn't an NP I would know nothing about PAPP-A or EIFs. But I know just enough to freak myself out.

Would any of you be freaked out or worried?

I'm pretty good at freaking out about everything, but don't know much about those blood tests. 1/2900 sounds very very low risk though! I would call your midwife to talk to her, Im sure its nothing to worry about. Sometimes its not so good working in healthcare, you worry and micro-analyse everything!

I would be worried. That said, everything is probably ok. I'd say a talk with your midwife is in order. She can give you her perspective on why, even with your low PAPP -A, your results were "great".
If I am worried I have to talk it out or my worry grows.
Big hug.
One of my midwives told me that worrying is part of the work of pregnant women, and then mothers. :)

I can see why you'd be worrying and I'm sure I would as well, but there must be a reason your mw thinks everything is 'great'. I'd definitely bring it up with her and take it from there. I'm not familiar with all the testing possibilities (they offered them to me but we declined since we wouldn't terminate anyway), but would an amnio confirm/deny your suspicions and ease your mind?

My midwife gave me the CALM DOWN speech so I am going to listen to her and calm down and try to embrace that what will be, will be.

I go back in another 6 weeks for my glucose test. Oh joy!

I can't believe I'm over halfway there! I am counting the days until 24 weeks!

Good idea BabyO, I know its so tempting to research everything. I've had to ban myself from reading articles on gestational diabetes as it just freaks me out. I've got the best expert obstetrician/endocrinologist/midwife in town, so I came to the realization it really is best to try and let them do the research and worrying, and follow their advise. We'll see what they say today, Ive had minimal swelling all the way through until this weekend, now I have pitting oedema to both knees that doesn't go down overnight. I think Im going to be wearing a lot of trousers from now on! 1st day of maternity leave today - pretty excited, but sooo much to do. Hopefully Ill get quite a lot off the list today so I can have some R+R time :)

So excited for both of you two getting so far along in your pregnancies! :)

is looking for ideas for bringing on labour - 37 weeks today, and really hopeful to avoid induction? Picked up castor oil but am a bit chicken to use it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->