The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was 100% childish today and decided to flip a coin to see if I was preggo. I know. It's as good as a magic 8 ball. I said head for pg and tails for not. I had 6 people flip different coins without telling them what I was doing including DH. All but the last person were heads. All in good fun, but I hope it's right!

Awww thanks so much, Wanna. It would be a dream come true!

Mrsmmm I am actually looking forward to being pregnant and getting out of work (hopefully) a few weeks before I am due BEFORE the school year is over. I HATE my job right now. I would be quitting this year with or without a baby. Husband has become a more successful bread winner and I'll be trying out a stay at home thing. But if no baby I was going to quit at the end of the year and look into a desk job of some kind. First of all I have IBS and loathe the fact that I can't go to the bathroom when I want (and now I'm peeing like crazy and have to PLAN my potty trips). If I have to go to the bathroom I have to get someone to watch my class since I'm not allowed to leave them alone (even though they are ages 14-18). It can be very stressful when you have an upset tummy. Second, the kids are ungreatful. Elementary may be better, but then you'll have different types of problems. Third, the administration/district is unsupportive (not just where I am I have talked to people from different districts and states, it seems to be the rule not the exception). Fourth, there is a lot of time spent outside of the class on work - not even close to 8-3:30. At my age group there's a lot of grading and preparing, for the younger kids there is even more preparing of lessons and different activities. I spend at least 2 hours a night on various things. Fifth, the admin/district office changes what they want every year which means they want you to teach a different way be less personable with the students they're your students not your friends, the next year you need to build a relationship with them so talk to them and find things in common. They often contradict eachother through the years and want different things (focus on english more this year, oops, scores went down for math, double your math content next year, etc). This means every year you have to change a lot of what you do. Sixth, the pay really is ok but with all the BS it doesn't seem like enough. Seventh, the parents will hound you over anything and everything if they care, and you'll never be able to get ahold of some parents that you need to. I've had kids cuss at me, spit on my floor, wipe their bleeding or dirty hands on my wall, threaten me, sexually harrass me, etc.

I'm going to get a desk job when I work again, for the government. I may not get a lot of respect but I'll get more than I do now. I may have to change things I do depending on what they want but I wont have to take my work home and spend HOURS less with children. And I'll be able to go to the bathroom when I want/need to without having to get other people involved and let the 30+ other people in the room where I'm going. There are rewards, but not enough to continue to take time away from home with my family. (and yes my husband and my dogs miss me when I sit and do work for hours and ignore them.)

I hope this helps and I don't sound crazy, merely passionate.

I went and cleaned my first house today!!!! It was on the verge of hoarder house. More of the, we have kids and cant be bothered kind of thing. They were super nice and the kids were cute though. It wasnt like dirty icky just messy and I hung up and folded tons of clothes. I was there for 6 hours and didnt sit down once!! All for $50 (because of all the laundry). Hoping I can get a few more jobs and build up a good clientele because even making like $30 a day cleaning one house or even $60 a day cleaning two would be great lol. I talked to her for a while before I left and she said she had a friend with PCOS that couldnt get preggie/keep a baby and it took her the longest time to figure out that just taking a baby aspirin a day helps!! PCOS can cause your blood to thicken and clot and that means that the baby doesnt get enough blood and so you have early MCs. So I am totally popping an aspirin a day!!

Right now Im just sitting around working on my baby magazine project, hubby is playing a video game or on his guitar or something. I was so exhausted after my day of cleaning we just had PapaJohns for dinner. My friend found out shes having a girl (which is what I thought it was) which Im happy for her but also cant help but think you what know would mine have been if I hadn't lost it. Tomorrow I am going to relax and not sure what else.

Thanks a huge amount for the info. I have a girlfriend who teaches 9th graders and eats it up. She teaches in kind of a poor area as well. I tell her she's Whoopi in Sister Act. I've just always had passion for 1st and 2nd graders. I'd love it if we got transferred to DC with DH's job because they have an awesome charter system in place. If he gets promoted here, Orlando, we won't have to worry about me working except to keep myself entertained. However, people here are more self absorbed than anywhere I've ever been in this country.

PS You didn't sound overly dramatic.

MrsJ - I had an abortion. I was assulted and chose to term the pregnancy 7 years ago in Feb 2011. I dread Oct every year (even though it's my birth month) because this is when my kid should have been born. It was a hard decision but I wince when I even meet someone with the same name as the guy who gave me trouble so I understand feeling a loss for a child. It's also why I hate ttc and feel so awful, like it's my fault I can't get pg now because I termed one willingly. Bad baby karma or something. Then I wake up and know that is all in my head. No worries. Our time will come.

Wow, mrsmmm, that's rough. :hugs:
Wannabe, there are so many side effects to Clomid, I wouldn't recommend taking it without being supervised by your gyn. You need to have a pelvic exam before each course, and it can cause a lot of problems. Just my two cents.
I hear so many screwed up stories with my job. This week we had a 13 year old girl, came into the ER complaining of abdominal pain - comes in, the pediatrician takes one look at her and realizes she's PG! And not just PG, but full-term, in labor. Turns out it was her stepdad! Ugh.
My best friend is 28, with three babies from four different daddies. Not by choice at all - first one was a boyfriend when she was 19, she told his she was PG, and he blew her off. So she hid the pregnancy from her mom, moved in with her sister, and gave the little girl up for adoption.
She got married about a year later (I personally think her husband was just what she chose to "replace" the baby she gave up, they were horrid together), and had two little girls. Got divorced at age 26.
Met a new guy, treats her kids wonderfully. Had a mc, and then got pregnant last year when I was having issues with NOT having a period and was hoping I was PG. So now she has a lovely little boy. Makes me so frustrated that it's so easy for her, so difficult for me!

I poked around on the first tri's board, just to see what kind of luck people had with the CBFM (like when they BD'd in relation to their peak days). So far, most people have BD'd on JUST the peaks, and gotten PG. We got both peaks last month, with nothing. Got both peaks this time too...so we'll see. I love and hate this stupid machine.

Mrsmmm I'm so sorry! That's horrible, I know there's no way to console you, but I hope when it's right it will happen the right way. :hugs:

Hi ladies...I am back. Sorry I was MIA for a while...so busy with beginning of school and I had the midcycle bleeding so I was getting very discouraged.

but....I took a test last night and two this morning....all :bfp: :happydance:

I am due on June 15 (which works out pretty good so midcycle bleeding was just God's way of putting the baby where he wanted.

I am nervous now because of my miscarriage last time and I really hope this one sticks.

Spunky congrats....good luck to everyone else this cycle (and sorry if I missed a bfp).

MrsMMM I am so sorry that you had to be faced with that decision.

Babe Yay for you!! and good luck and please post ultrasound pics once you have them!

NJ,Tell me about it!!! My 17 yr old cousin gets preggie..clearly doesnt want it...my friend is preggie with a girl and well I know she wants it now she wasnt trying...all through highschool girls were preggie left and right...its just frustrating!! For you girls I am happy because you all are trying and want it, but for those that it just happens to it annoys me...were you able to turn in that stepdad and help that girl? did she decide to give it up or what?

Im supposed to go in and get my progesterone tested and not sure if they wanted me to do it this cycle or the next one...guess I'll call and find out...we did it like the day of or the day after ovulation so I know there is no chance this time lol...so now just waiting for AF...

mrsmmm so sorry about what happened to you. I would've done the same thing. Otherwise everytime you looked at that child you'd remember what happened to you- and what if that caused some kind of trouble with the way you loved it? I can't imagine. SO i think you did the right thing and in no way are you being punished. Just be brave and strong and you will get that baby :)

Thanks all for your kind words. NJ, I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to be having your stepdad's child. Imagine her poor mother and the guilt she must feel for introducing that man to her family. Makes me want to throw up. At least I was an adult. I've never thought about it as a crutch. It was something that just happened, like a soldier who loses a leg in war. You can't understand why it happened. You just work through it. I told DH very early on in our relationship because he was the next person I was "with". He's always been great about it.

Mrsmmm, I am so sorry that you had to go through something so terrible. :hugs::hugs::hugs: Your time will come soon and you will be blessed with a baby when the time is right hun. I got everything crossed for you!!! :flower: :dust::dust:

Babe, Congrats on your pregnancy!!!:thumbup:

Mrs Jerome, good luck with the cleaning business you are working on. I had to have a lady clean our old house before our renters moved in, and she charged 30 dollars an hour, she did a good job. I was referred to her by my property manager's office, they use her for their houses that the manage and rent out that need to cleaned.

Not much going on with me, just working all day 5 days a week. I get weekends off though, I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday!!! TGIF!!!!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/fri.gif

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/monkeydrummertse7.gif

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/1236166824_peeinmouth.gif

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/colorfull.gif

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/FunnehBum.gif

Thanks so much, Hun! I don't stress about it. I'm ordering sushi. I'll probably still eat it when I'm pg, just more cooked stuff and veggie rolls. It's something that DH got me into and well.....he created a sushi monster.

Hi ladies, hope you're all having a good day!
Babe, congrats on your :bfp:!
So I'm at 2dpo, I think...wicked headache tonight, but I think it's just because I'm stressed with work being so darn busy these last two weeks. I can't wait for Sunday - we have a [gay] wedding we're going to, and it's going to be a blast! I can't focus on anything all day - just keep flitting from one subject to another - ADD brain, haha.

Mrsmmm, I am not a big sushi fan......but i know alot of people love it.

I cooked dinner tonight, made baked chicken with a honey mustard glaze, brown rice and broccoli for me and DH.

Do you or any of the other ladies have any fun plans this weekend???

I was at a wedding this past weekend. It's our first since getting married. DH kept squeezing my hand and kissing me. He's so sweet. Wanna, you're having my dinner from last night! I used honey, lime juice, cilantro, and olive oil for my chicken. Same sides though. DH loved it.

We don't have that many plans. We're going to look at a house tomorrow. We rent, always have, and DH now wants to buy. He wants enough room for the baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"