The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with your house hunt Mrsmmm, House hunting is alot of fun and very exciting. What kinds of things are you guys looking for in a house?

The one we bought recently were we moved to has 4 bedrooms and 2 and a half baths. It is two stories with a large back yard. It is 30 years old and that is how come we have had to do so many updates because it had most of the old outdated original 30 year old finishes.

Wannabe, I can understand that. We bought a house in November of 2008, but it needs tons of work. It was built in 1950, and there's just a LOT that's outdated. The kitchen needs a total overhaul, the walls are all 100% plaster with NO insulation (found that out the first winter), and the wiring is OLD. As it sits right now it's 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, but we have a full basement and a full attic that we're going to finish, so we're projecting 5 bedrooms, 4 baths. The three bedrooms downstairs we're going to combine into two that are the same size (use one as a guest room, one as an office), the basement will be an entertainment area/bar with laundry room and full bathroom. The attic (which is really just an unfinished second story), will be a master suite with a bath, and two kid's rooms with a shared bath.
So yeah, going to be A LOT of work....

The rest of the weekend - I work every day but this Sunday, so tomorrow and Saturday DH has a class...tomorrow night I'm on my own, so I think I'm going to go get a pedicure for the wedding. My dress is hot pink (when else can you wear hot pink but a gay wedding??), and I got it for such a steal - was $109, I got it for $30 on clearance. Plus, got some ridiculously comfortable Calvin Klein heels for $59, originally $110. Woohoo! :happydance: So I need a pedicure, and I think I want to get some fun, gawdy chunky costume jewelry. Saturday is my birthday, so we're going out to dinner with the family, and Sunday is the wedding. So, busy weekend. How about you guys?

I bought CK shoes and dress for the wedding I went to as well. I love quality shoes. 4 inch heels and not a smidge of pain. Not bad for brand new shoes!

We live in a 3 story townhome right now. I told DH I don't want another multi-story house. I have one shit knee. Despite being able to jog like no one's business, the stairs irritate the heck out of it. Plus, I don't want to go up and down stairs constantly when pg. I love homes with high ceilings. We have 14 ft ceilings in this home and 17 in the last. It makes it feel bigger to me. I love big kitchens, not too big to overwhelm you, but big enough to make 2 or 3 dishes at the same time and not be on top of DH. We had a tiny kitchen in our last place. The place we're looking at tomorrow is 1999 built, gated community, on a lake, 4/2 2000 sq ft. It has dark hard wood floors and is done in all neutral colors. DH thinks he's in love. It's bank owned and selling for dirt cheap. We've been looking online for about 4 months. This is our first in person home visit for purchase.

NJ - Sorry I was very self absorbed. I forgot you share a bday with my Dad. Happy birthday.

mrsmmm sounds lovely! Be careful though, if it's bank owned, sometimes there is a LOT of crap wrong with it they don't feel like fixing. AND, everyone i've known that actually gets one, goes through MONTHS of closing- because the bank doesn't hold up their end of deadlines. it almost ALWAYS turns into a nightmare. so if you're going to do it, just be prepared. They make YOU find the title and all of that jazz, and it's a royal pain in the ass.

Mrsmmm, the house sounds lovely...let us know if its as good in person. Our house was one of two we looked at on the same street. This was the one I did NOT like based on pictures. The other house was an absolute train wreck, though, and this one was much more impressive in person. We ended up offering full asking price because it was already in attorney review with another buyer. Someone was smiling down on us, because they accepted our offer the same day.

Hi ladies. Dare, there are soooooo many foreclosures in FL. The average closing is 3 weeks because the banks are desperate for any kind of money. My co-worker closed in a week. DH's mom is a realtor. She's got all the 'in' info. Thank you for thinking of me. Short sales are the nightmares. God, they are a hot mess headache!!!

The house was nice. Big and whatnot. The community is behind a HUGE elementary school. We decided against it for that reason. The traffic is ungodly from people dropping off and picking up their kids. We made sure to go there when school dismissed. I can't deal with that before I go to work every day. So, on to the next one.

5 dpo. Come on 10 dpo so I can TEST! poas addiction

Hi everyone...boring day here..waiting for hubby to get off work..just relaxing..weather is actually nice out..but for some reason the last two days my nose has just totally plugged up..like...dry plugged up if that makes sense lol..not all icky and stuff just...dry and stuffy lol..really annoying...some Afrin will take care of it...gosh I wish I had some extra cash...maybe I should get a sugar daddy again lol..lol...then I wouldnt have to ask hubby for money lol... worked on my magazine project and got a cute accordion file with 7 sections...for all my torn out magazine articles...its so nice to have the info all in one spot without ads inbetween and without having to have magazines stashed everywhere....

On the house subject..and since Im bored lol....we have a pretty nice house...somewhere around 3,000 sqft or so I guess lol... big kitchen/dining room, living room, two full baths (mine with an in-floor jacuzzi tub, that I never use, a sin I know but I just hate baths lol lol and then his with the newly done tile shower), two spare bedrooms, the back one will eventually be the nursery and then our master bedroom right across the hall from that. Downstairs we have a huge inset fire pit (its a huge sunk in place with a wood stove and carpeted floor and built in benches....it used to be a prayer pit when the first owners were here, were very religious) then he has his little hobby/workout area with the blowflex and treadmill and all his paints and miniatures and military models, the laundry room, then an old photography dark room which is just creepy now and not used for anything lol, another full bathroom and then two extra rooms that could be bedrooms but right now are just a computer room and then a storage room. We have a nice 3/4 wrap around porch and a huge yard which I definitely will be getting fenced in before the kids are old enough to be outside alone. Ill try and take some pics and put them on here sometime. I love it and it could really be amazing if we could just get all the stuff that needs to be fixed done..I hate doing one project at a time lol..I want one of those extreme home makeovers where it all gets done in a week lol...

Mrs Jerome and NJ, your houses sound very nice. Good luck with all of the updates you need to do, just take it a little at a time and before you know it things will be finished up!

Mrsmmm, that is to bad the house u looked at didnt work out 4 you. It is so hard to tell from pictures what the house is going to be like in person. Some houses look great in photos but are trashed when you see them in person, and than others look cruddy in the pics but are amazing in person, so u cant always trust photos... When we did the house hunt and got the one we have now, I swear I must have looked at about 100 houses by the time i was done, I even looked in 3 different states with a total of 4 different real estate agents!! We live on the border of 3 different states so the house hunt was insane, very stressful because we had limited time to make a decision. It all worked out in the end though, but it was difficult from start to finish. When I drove up from our old state to do the walk through on our house the day of closing there was mold growing in the basement. I spent 3 hours in closing because of the mold that suddenly appeared. The seller did pay to have it removed and get the vents cleaned, but the dry wall had to be partially removed from the basement as well, and the seller refused to pay to replace the dry wall, so that was the one bad thing out of the deal. Both real estate agents from both sides gave me 500 dollars each from their comission to help cover the cost of replacing the drywall. Mind you i did closing alone because my DH was working overseas at the time. Long story short... it was one hell of a process and I was super stressed through the whole thing, LOL!!!!

Meanwhile at work today in an offbeat sort of way our manager at my temp job basically said we need to have work finished by the end of this month, so it is sounding like by the end of October I will be out of work, i am sort of stressed about it because i was originally told the job would last until the november-december or later time frame... I was hoping it would last until i at least complete my BA degree so i can find better jobs to apply to..sigh.. On top of that i started getting a soar throat this afternoon, and i think i am coming down with whatever has been going around at work. Lots of people have been out sick this week. Ugghhh, I really cant afford to be sick right now because my last class officialy starts on Monday even though i can probably log in tomorrow to start working. i am going to try to go to bed early tonight and hopefully getting plenty of rest will help get rid of this dag on cold that is starting......

I just wanted to share my thread I started about Clomid since i have been thinking about giving it a try....

https://www.babyandbump.com/problems-trying-conceive/431297-your-experiences-clomid.html

There are also some other great threads about clomid on the Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception area, i was on there reading about other lady's experiences the other day... I havent decided if i am going go give it a try or not yet, but if i do start it i will let you ladies know how it works out for me.

Wannabe...hope you feel better..I got lucky and had only that 24 hour stomach thing...well..lucky as in it was only 24 hours lol...hope you just need some rest and feel better...drink some orange juice and pop an echinecea pill or however you spell it lol..and just sleep! lol...I just ordered one more (promise its my last) conception reading from amberangel and we'll see when it gets here...Im gonna try to forget I even ordered it so it'll be a great surprise when it shows up in the email lol..lol...

I would Love to be behind my child's elementary school- easier to get to them if they have early dismissal and so forth. Think that would be cool. We plan to have one, and then me be stay at home mom, then when getting closer to starting school- then having a second one.

Yeah Dare to dream, thats my plan, one then when they are about 4-5, at least in a part time school program work on having another..I think that's perfect age separation...old enough to understand a new baby as well and be able to help out..just have to make sure you still give them attention too

My brother and I are 4.5 yrs apart. We're bffs now, but he hated me from 14 - 17 yrs old because I was still but I was still a kid and he was into girls and sports. Dare, presently I have a school a qtr mile from my home now. However I can go another exit out of my complex and avoid a 30 jam. I'd never live trapped behind it. People park in the street, block the road, and get out for parent social hr. It sucks for working people. Sorry but inconsiderate people are my pet peeve.

I'd say I have that out of the game feeling.

Ugghhhh, still feeling under the weather today, all i feel like doing is going to sleep today, but I am trying to find the energy to get started on my fall semester class.. sigh.....I went to bed lastnight at like 9pm, and am still feeling tired today....:nope:

I just got a pack of the 50 internet cheapy HPT's in the mail today and am going to try to be patient to test, but just know that I will be breaking down and testing early:wacko::wacko::wacko:

DH is painting the office a really pretty light blue, since we got as much of the wall paper off that we could last week. It is looking very nice so far. :thumbup:

When are you girls going to start doing your HPT's???

Wanna, we're the same dpo! Hooray! I have to start testing next Wednesday. I know it's early, but my girlfriend from Miami is coming up to spend the weekend with me and one more girlf at the beach for our 29th birthdays. We're 1 week apart. I know they will try to get me super tipsy and I don't want to put myself in that situation without knowing if I'm pg. Party is Sat and Sat night. AF due Sunday. So, I should have a bfp by the weekend if I'm pg. If not, I'm getting tipsy! Tequila for everyone. :haha:

Mrsmmm- understand completely. And inconsiderate people are a pet peeve of mine as well- but, i'd still rather be behind the school. I'll live there for you :)

Anyway, Looking to be a long cycle, tons of egcm here, cp perfect. Still no O. Temp drop. bding at all the right times, eod right on the dot man. And nothing.

Wanna, we're the same dpo! Hooray! I have to start testing next Wednesday. I know it's early, but my girlfriend from Miami is coming up to spend the weekend with me and one more girlf at the beach for our 29th birthdays. We're 1 week apart. I know they will try to get me super tipsy and I don't want to put myself in that situation without knowing if I'm pg. Party is Sat and Sat night. AF due Sunday. So, I should have a bfp by the weekend if I'm pg. If not, I'm getting tipsy! Tequila for everyone. :haha:

Very cool Mrsmm, you will have to let me know how your testing goes, Good luck and baby dust to you!!! :dust::dust::dust:

Hmmm, I might break down and start testing at 8 DPO since I have the 50 internet cheapy pack, LOL... even though I know it will probably be way to early!!!:wacko:

Dare, I'll be more than happy to let you live there. Concert was good. Boobs swollen. They're about 5 days early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"