The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ladies just got back from my appt! So they did an internal - even though i was told that our hospital doesn't do those- LIES- and got the GBS done- and turns out i'm already 80 % effaced! She said she was amazed and it's fantastic for a first time baby! :yipee: i am 1/2 a cm dilated- and she thinks i'm doing great. Which was really nice to hear!

Congrats! At 36 weeks for my GBS I was not dilated or effaced at all, so you're well ahead of me! I wasn't 80% effaced until like 36 hours into labor.:dohh:

thanks spunky- she seemed so surprised when she told me how effaced i was- she was like you are at 80% - and only have to get to 100% so all those BH contractions you are having are actually doing things for you! Like, my hoo ha is magical or something. :haha: I was shocked and well still very excited and happy.

@ Dare, thats great news, I am glad your check up went so well!! :thumbup: Since you are dilated does that mean the baby will be coming soon, or do you still have alot of time?? That is exciting, I hope you have a smooth and easy delivery!!:winkwink:

Dare that's great news! Hopefully it's an indicator that your labour & delivery will be just as quick and easy!

Chelsea, a sleep regression happens to quite a lot of babies... Their sleeping pattern regresses to that of a new born, going from only waking once a night for feeding to waking up several times a night again. It usually happens around 16 weeks and Toby is 14 weeks... and he woke up twice for the past 2 nights so I'm preparing myself!

And on that note.. Early night for me. Just in case! Goodnight ladies xx

Wannabe - my counsin was dialted 4 cm (1/2 cm isn't much, but the effacement is AWESOME) for WEEKS and ended up being induced. So it's not an indicator that it'll happen soon, but hopefully once it does happen it will go faster and easier.

Katherine - Thanks! That's not something to look forward to! I hope you manage to keep your sanity. :hugs: Didn't know that that happened... Also want to say CONGRATS on the weight loss! :thumbup:

Edit: Just noticed your blog Katherine! I'm going through it and wanted to give you :hugs: and I think you're awesome!

@ Dare, thats great news, I am glad your check up went so well!! :thumbup: Since you are dilated does that mean the baby will be coming soon, or do you still have alot of time?? That is exciting, I hope you have a smooth and easy delivery!!:winkwink:

Thanks wanna- she didn't say it would indicate anything actually. Not really expecting it to make it happen sooner- just maybe it would not be AS hard in the hospital? And yeah the 1/2 cm is nothing- but at least it's starting right? better than nothing. But she did sound extremely excited telling me the effacement. So she was excited- so i am. lol

I hope everyone's weekend is going good. Anyone have any fun plans?

I was bored so i figured i would share my symptoms, large, heavy swollen, boobs, darker and larger nipples, and the line that runs up my belly has gotten darker and longer, it went above my belly button and is heading up towards my chest. This is something new and unusual for me, and I was hoping it meant i was pregnant this month... I wrote a thread about it and posted a picture of my belly, very unflattering but at least u can see the line on my belly to see what i am talking about. It looks like a beer guzzling truckers gut, LMAO...:blush: I am embarased to post it, but no one can see my face!!! LOL... :blush: :haha: DH agrees with me, the line on my belly looks darker and easier to notice and my boobs are bigger, darker, larger nips...

Here is my thread...
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...k-line-running-center-belly-did-u-notice.html

Do any of you girls that are pregnant or that just had your babies have an experience with this and would like to share???

wanna- I have that line. It started in the very end of first tri I believe. Very light then. At the end of second it was very dark. My mother actually got it AFTER she had me for a few weeks. So she told me it was impossible for me to have it during pregnancy :wacko:

it's funny because I never had the line before. And didn't know women who weren't pg could have it! Learning new things!! But if it's getting darker- I think that's a good sign! Fx'd and :dust: for you hun!

Thanks for the feedback Dare. Hopefully it is a good sign. I get such a variety of symptoms every month so I always try to look for the unusual ones that I have never had before. The line on my belly darkening and getting longer is definatly odd for sure....

Ok i couldn't see the photo on my cell so i got on- wanna, that's exactly how mine looked in the beginning. For a few months that's all it was. Then it stretched higher- and got a lot darker.

just checked your lines on page 5 too hun- looks like a bfp! looks really really good- no trouble seeing that line! :)

Thanks Dare..That makes me a bit excited knowing that the line on my stomach is simliar to yours!!! I am trying to stay calm though just in case AF shows up, so I wont be upset, but I think the signs are looking good so far....:af::af::af::af:

Yeah it started way faint just like yours- and then stretched up farther and farther and got darker and darker. Since you've never had it up top before sounds pretty suspicious to me :thumbup:

i ususally get the line below my belly button at about 30 weeks pregnant and then it travels above at about 34 weeks....it never gets super dark tho.....

wannabe-i didnt see new HPT pics?? did you post them? i would like to follow your tests =)

Dare- im excited for your effacement...i know it doesnt technically mean you will have the baby early or anything, but im still excited. i was never effaced or thinned or anythign with ANY of pregnancies when labor started and it seemed like "stage 1, inactive labor" hurt like "beeeeeeep" for no reason becasue my cervix did NOTHING!!!! so hopefully this means your inactive phase will be shorter and your cervix will cooperate beautifully =)

Spunky- Just wanted to say congrats again on a healthy baby boy! i cant believe he is already over the 3 month old hump! how have you been feeling?

my family didnt stay here, whew, but i am feeling very sad for my step mom. she is so heartbroken over losing her sister. its really painful to watch her go through this. being here during the day playing with the kids and keeping busy has helped her and shes actually sleeping here tonight. everyone else is scattered at various other houses. my husband and oldest son return from camp tomorrow morning and i just got the toddlers bathed, brushed, and in bed.
ive been having the inactive phase of labor for 2 days now. gooey ooey discharge, uncomfrotable regular contractions and a lot of pain the hoo-ha. i regularly check my cervix for teh past month now, i dont know if thats weird or not, but i get so excited when i have contractions and i go to the hospital and they say "nope, not active labor, you are 1 cm, thick and high"....so i decided to check that out and see what THAT felt like.....and now today, after so many painful contractions through the night and mornng i checked my cervix again and it feels very different. its low, super duper squishy and soft and way bigger than 1 finger. so maybe FINALLY some cervical change???
am i a weirdo?? :blush::blush:

@Busy, I am going to take a break from testing for a few days, because my tests are all starting to look the same and I dont know what is going on yet. If anything changes I will be sure to update my thread! :winkwink: So far no AF, so lets hope the bitch stays away!! :af::af::af:

Your symptoms sound good, I wonder if baby is going to try to make an apperance eariler than your scheduled date?? Good luck with everything hun. :hugs: Unfortunatly I dont know anything about labor and contractions so I cant give any advice in that department.

busy- you are having baby on tuesday right? I was just reading an article from that babygaga site that updates me weekly on baby- and they said do a lot of stair walking- because it pushes baby's head into your cervix and helps with effacement? I have to do 3 sets of stairs every day at LEAST twice a day. Wondering if that helped? I have to walk the dog whether i like it or not!

And the mw did seem to imply that the effacement being done already WILL make labor much easier. they told me in the beginning to stay as active as possible. Think maybe it did help OR it's just my body. No one really can know right?

But i'm so excited that the 12th is your big day!!!! can't wait to see photos of your lo!!!!

And i'm so sorry about your step mom going through that- i can't even imagine how hard something like that is. :( :hugs: to her and you and your family.

As for being a weirdo- no you fool! you are not a weirdo. :thumbup: Just a fool for thinking it. :winkwink: :) I have tried feeling too but couldn't find it before. However she told me that it is pretty low now- so she had NO trouble finding it - she actually went OOPS that's the babies head RIGHT there when she was doing the GBS testing. And she didn't have to go far to find my cervix when she did the internal herself. So i think i should check occasionally too- but am nervous as she mentioned it could make me have bloody discharge after SHE was doing it (but i had nothing). I go again on wednesday- and wonder if they will do another at that point.

AFM nothing new and exciting- well i mean today i am 37 weeks- full term! 21 days left! very excited about that! but other than that, nothing! Trying to get DH motivated to put up our curtains today- but for some reason he is being a BUTT and not getting it done!

@wanna -- do you do opks hun? i can't seem to remember ANYTHING these days- and i understand taking a break from testing. Nothing is quite as heart wrenching as looking at those damn tests and still not having an answer. I think sometimes a faint line is worse than no line because you're so afraid to believe in that little line. :/

@Dare, Yeah, the faint lines on the tests are driving me batty!! :wacko::wacko: Supporting my POASA is costing to much $$, so It is time to take a few days off from testing.:winkwink:

Yes, I do OPK's but I didnt do them every day like I should of to pinpoint the exact day of OV, I usually OV on CD 13 so I sometimes assume with my OV date, my ticker should be pretty close, although it might be off by a couple of days.

gotcha! I love the opks. i think they are fab. Plus i only used them that one cycle and it worked. But we used a ton of other crap as well- and i know what you mean about the $. It seemed that every cycle i spent money on a new gadget or something to help us with ttc. It was insane.

Wanna - I replied on both threads, hoping this is it! Your tummy looks just fine! No reason to be hesitant in posting it. I never got the line. I think I read that certain complections are more likely to get it. I am very fair skinned so I think that's why I didn't get it, while my mom is more of a tan/olive skin and she got it with both of us (surprised I never got it actually). :hugs:

Busy - James just turned a month old, thanks for the congrats! Still can't believe I'm a Mommy! Katherine (CottlestonPie)'s Toby is over 3 months old. Crazy! Awesome about all of the contractions and cervical change (even if you don't know how dilated you are, I agree change has to be in the right direction :thumbup:) How exciting that you're getting closer and closer to your little girl!! Sorry again for your family. That's great that your step mom can play with your children for some comfort.

Dare - Congrats on FULL TERM!!! So exciting! I remember thinking could be anytime now, he's fully developed and ready! And then the REAL waiting began! Ugh, hope you don't have to wait as long as I did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"