The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just used my BabiesRUs giftcard from my great aunt..

I got:
~6 Chill and Soothe Teethers
~2 Wicker bins/baskets
~4 Tommee Tippee nipples (two variable flow and two medium)
~1 Munchkin shampoo rinser (flexible cup to rinse hair that molds to their forehead so it doesnt get in their eyes)

all for $29.96! I got free 2 day shipping and ALSO everything but the shampoo rinser was buy one get one 50% off..actually it was too but I didnt see the need for 2 of them...so I should get it all by Weds..cant wait to add it to my baby stash!

@Mrsjerome, that sounds like you got some really great stuff and a great deal for all of it as well!! Very nice!! :thumbup:

Quick question for all of you ladies, did any of you have sudden unusual weight loss right before you got your BFP? I have lost about 4 to 5 pounds total even though I havent been eating very good (too much junk food) or exercising that much?? :shrug:

Here is my OPK from today, it is negative but still darker than normal for this time in my cycle, so hopefully this is leading to a BFP...

07-29 opk.jpg

I just wanted to share because this website has the cutest baby clothes!!! I sooo want to buy a bunch of stuff off of here!!! :blush: :winkwink:

https://www.gymboree.com/shop/asst_...<>ast_id=1408474395917465&bmUID=1312120512997

Wait - the baking soda test? Did we talk about this one before?

Two of my husband's friends found out they're having a boy. Another couple (the one's I was NOT happy about - the d-bag and his slutty Navy wife) are due to find out soon. I'm thinking boy for them (just because I don't think Daddy would know what to do with a girl, so God help them).

After I left the movie I just couldn't think of anything to get for dinner. Nothing sounded good. I almost stopped at a salad place, but that didn't sound appetizing...so I went to the grocery store, got a couple rolls and a can of chicken noodle soup. Ate maybe a quarter of the soup (just didn't taste right), and ended up giving half the roll to the dog. I bought a couple boxes of cereal and grits (those seem to go down okay in the morning), and a box of Carnation Instant Breakfast - figure it's at least calories and vitamins if I can't eat anything else. I did splurge and get a thing of ice cream. The only thing that really sounds good? A brownie sundae. NO idea where that came from. Figure if the ice cream is what sounds good - I got the 1/2 fat version, so it won't be too horrible. I am dying for a brownie, though. What the hell?

Hun you don't have to eat the 1/2 fat version- eat the regular stuff- esp. if you aren't eating anything else right now! And Mrs.Jerome already told you about the baking soda test. :) I took it 2 weeks before we went for our scan. I thought for sure it was a boy- and was super surprised when it said girl and then so did my scan. And yeah i waited til DH wasn't around either- i did tell him about it later though, but i feel less crazy when i do it by myself. haha.

Cottleston..Dare and Spunky...did you have the thing where your ab muscles feel like they are coming apart where they meet in the middle?...a month or two ago it was super super sore there..and now its starting again...I assume its normal from all the stretching since she is much bigger...

Ab muscles... no i felt af style cramping though. A lot- in the beginning. But not later on. I don't think i had any ab pain at all? It's hard to remember that- even though it wasn't THAT long ago. I've had mid back pain throughout though. Ugh. doesn't hurt to always give a call though- just make sure everything is normal. Think i did that a LOT a few weeks ago when i was having cramping- i called in and asked about the cramps and they said 'yeah you should time that because it could be labor.' :shock: turned out it just fizzled into nothing.

Quick question for all of you ladies, did any of you have sudden unusual weight loss right before you got your BFP? I have lost about 4 to 5 pounds total even though I havent been eating very good (too much junk food) or exercising that much?? :shrug:

Here is my OPK from today, it is negative but still darker than normal for this time in my cycle, so hopefully this is leading to a BFP...

View attachment 242662

HA no i didn't lose a single pound. :(

Morning (or afternoon!) girls :waves:

Actually slept last night for the first time in ages. DH is so funny, last couple mornings before we get up, he snuggles up and just rubs his hand on my belly. Very cute, considering he isn't normally a demonstrative or affectionate guy unless he's had a couple drinks. :drunk: Feeling pretty good today, except HOT. Trying to get some cleaning done. We have a black lab, so we have MAJOR tumbleweeds around the house, and I also have clothes stacked everywhere. I feel like a hoarder. So today is cleaning out the closet, sorting through stuff I haven't worn in the last year, and getting rid of things.

Took a break to do the baking soda test. No fizz at all. I guess I just have to wait about twelve more weeks to find out if it's right or not. I was really leaning toward NOT finding out the sex of the baby...now I really want to. DH always has because he's so OCD, he wants to prepare everything. I have ideas for nursery, etc, but I think it's going to hold off until we know the gender. We have a crib and a dresser, but decor and stuff? I want to do sort of greens, gender neutral, but there are some super cute sets on Pottery Barn Kids that have given me ideas. Like this one: https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/penelope-nursery-bedding-set/?pkey=bnursery-bedding-sets

I like Winnie the Pooh, too, but I keep thinking it's overdone. Lord knows I have plenty of time to think about it. :)

@NJ, It will be interesting to see if the baking soda test is right....But I wonder if it fizzes for anyone, it seems like it would be odd if it did..:shrug:..It will be interesting to see if it is right since it was right for Dare and Mrsjerome....:winkwink:

I have already picked out the nursery sets that I want from JCPenneys. Here is a link to the sets they have.

https://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/XGN.as...1676&cmCatLevel=3&shopperType=G&CmCatId=70676

They have the cutest sets I think. I asked hubby if he would let me buy anything for baby, and he said it would be okay if we started to buy some gender neutral things for the nursery, but he wasnt alright with me buying any clothes yet, so we will see....:winkwink:

I just had to add that I am having terrible AF type cramps, I feel like AF is going to arrive at any minute...ugghhh...But it would be way to early if it came now, My shortest periods are like 25 days or so. Hopefully it is early pregnancy symptom cramps. But I have no idea what clomid is going to do to my period so all I can do is wait and see what happens...:shrug:

i miss you all! jsut wanted to say hello and wish you all a great week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We miss you too, Busy! More pictures! Same for Spunky and Cottleston. I want to see how the boys have grown.
It's starting to get very predictable. Evening sickness starts about 430-5pm, lasts all night. NOTHING is staying down tonight. Ugh. My boss had a point (I guess) - at least it's not while I'm at work. I can't imagine seeing a patient and having to run out midsentence.

@Busy, Hello back at you hun!! I hope you are doing well and enjoyed your weekend!! :flower:

AFM, I think I had faint second lines on my cheapy IC HPT's this morning. I had been testing each morning with the cheapy IC's and hadnt seen anything until this morning. I did get one faint line but it was soo early that i think it was either a faulty test or an evap, but now I am getting closer to the time in my cycle when this could actually be the start of my BFP.... :thumbup: I am probably going to buy some FRER's in a couple of days. I dont want to waste my money on them though by testing to early, so hopefully using the cheapy IC's can keep my POAS addiction satisfied for now...:wacko:

@ NJ-- awwww that's so cute about DH being so cuddly and rubbing your belly!!!! that's adorable!!!! And the set is very cute- we didn't get a set because we honestly would've have used like anything for a long time. I mean, most come with curtain things- which i already have up- dark ones so baby can sleep during the day- and the bumpers- which are a big no no now a days- and then the comforter- you can't use that either. Not supposed to have ANYTHING in the crib except the sheet for the first like year now. And all the blankets i got- i think i'm glad i didn't do the set i wanted. We also had our nursery set up WAY early- like the 3rd or 4th month i put together all the furniture- the room was already a light green (thank goodness i hate painting) and then after i received all my gifts from the showers, i put EVERYTHING together the first weekend in july- and now, it's complete. If you get showers, you will get little decor things- so hang on a bit! I had the same feeling about winnie the pooh in the beginning, and now i adore it! i think it's just a must have with kids lol. i know it's hard!!!!! And can't wait to see if your baking soda test was right :)

@wanna - Have my fx'd for you hun that it's good news and not af on her way!!!! And wait at least 2 days to test again and to expect a darker line!!!

@busy -:wave: HELLO!!!! hope you are well!!!

AFM- i've scheduled our non-stress test (they told me i have to do this next week) for next monday. They will do monitoring to make sure the placenta is working correctly- and then i will have an ultrasound to see if amniotic fluid is at a good level for baby too. So, i have that on monday. they told me to eat a good well balanced meal 30-60 minutes before appt- incase they have to induce me while i'm there. yikes.

what do they do to you in the stress test thing?..jump out and scare you? discuss work and finances ?...in laws ? lol lol...or just monitor what happens over an hour with you just sitting there?

@Dare, thanks for the good luck!!! :flower:

Ugghhh, girls I just realized that I am getting old, I will be 32 in a couple of months!!! My biological clock is ticking away very loudly right now, :wacko: If i did manage to get pregnant this month I wouldnt be due until April 16, 2012. Am I the oldest lady on this thread?? Ummm, I already know i am older than MrsJ, and Dare. What about you other girls, are u in the 30's club yet??? DH isnt getting any younger either, he is 41....

what do they do to you in the stress test thing?..jump out and scare you? discuss work and finances ?...in laws ? lol lol...or just monitor what happens over an hour with you just sitting there?

lol that's a good question- I know i sit there for like a half hour with monitors strapped to me- and the see if her heart is responding right- like whether it speeds up and slows down like it should be doing. WHICH at my appt she told me it was happening then and she said 'oh that's what they'll check at the non stress test ! And she's doing it right now- hear that?' so it's kind of like - ummm... then why do i have to do the test if you can hear it now...?

here are my bump pics for week 28...only 12 weeks left....or..84 days...cant believe it... all the girls on my other thread are posting their 3D/4D pics this week and its just made me super super excited for tomorrow lol.. they are just soo cute!!

I went to hobbylobby to get some stuff for my shower..a disposable cupcake box...some fondant...also got a pretty glass/pewter cross for her room so his mom will not freak out since its going to be mainly fantasy fairies..and I just want to nip it in the butt before she can even complain about it... if any of you have hobbylobby around I highly suggest going there..especially for decorations and household stuff..they have sales every week..this week like..all wall decor was 50% off..all metalware was 50% off...all decorative lamps 50% off... I could walk around there forever lol.. I also got two maternity shirts on clearance at target and some plain bibs for the ladies to decorate at my baby shower...they were like..$3.99 for just one at hobbylobby but I got 10 for $13 at target...I had a coupon for hobbylobby and a giftcard for target so everything was only $28..yay!

Im shopping online for a maternity support belt/girdle right now..just walking around hobbylobby for 30 mins my stomach and back was killing me... so Im trying to find one that is comfy but does the job for when we go out and I am on my feet a lot.. did any of you ever wear one? I put a thread on here asking so hopefully I will get some good advice suggestions..I looked for one at target today and they only have belly bands like..the ones to keep your pants up and even your bump out..not for support

Attachments

• P7310130.jpg
    P7310130.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1
  • P7310133.jpg
    P7310133.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1
Wannabe, I'll be 30 in October. I always told DH I wanted to have a kid before thirty. Once we hit December, I told him I wanted to be pregnant before 30. DH will be 34 in October also.
Feeling better (so far) today. Craving summer type foods. Potato salad, deli sandwiches, watermelon...I think Baby Bee wants a picnic.
My other friend who found out she was pregnant Thursday got her blood work back today - she's five weeks along. So that's three of us due in a month period. I keep saying once everyone is out of the first trimester, we should have an expecting party :)

@Mrsjerome, Wow, your bump has really grown since the last time I saw it!! You have a super cute bump hun!!! :winkwink:

@NJ, Glad to know that I am not the only one in the 30's club and that you will be joining me soon, that makes me feel better... LOL... :haha: :blush:

Not much going on with me today...I couldnt sleep this morning because I have alot of stuff on my mind and I woke up at like 4:00 am....:wacko: Pretty much financial crap driving me batty, trying to figure out what to do next, and this situation is causing stress in my marriage as well. Hopefully things will get better soon because I have been exploring my options in this situation and if things work out I do see some possible hope for my situation soon hopefully.

Of course I am in the 2WW going totally bonkers like I have done previous months and testing on cheap crap tests and getting those faint second lines that arent a definate BFP, but still give u false hope... :wacko: Ugghhh time is dragging by sooo stinking slow......:wacko::wacko:

Wanna i'm in the 2 ww waiting on BABY to get her butt out here! I have a 2ww before they force me into induction. :( Really hoping she comes before then, but i'm waiting here with you! been a while since we were in that boat together! At the end of yours is hopefully a bfp- and at the end of mine is hopefully a natural birth! We'll see! Hopefully one of us will get something good. If we both get screwed i'll be real mad.

Ok ladies..here she is!!!!! I can not believe how cute she is..and she was soo well behaved..the scan lady said she was one of the best babies shes done ever and shes been doing this for like 30 years! I was sooo happy..got some great pics..got some video (will work on getting that on here) and got a CD with the pics so we can take them to CVS..and also got tons of printed pics... :happydance::happydance::happydance: now I cant wait to see her...12 weeks!! she weighs 2lbs8oz and is right in the middle of the percentiles..so shes perfect so far...

Attachments

• P8020131.jpg
    P8020131.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1
  • P8020132.jpg
    P8020132.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1
  • P8020133.jpg
    P8020133.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1
  • P8020135.jpg
    P8020135.jpg