The Over 35 Newbies and not so's :)

Good to hear from you Hinky. I remember how awful that 1st trimester is, constantly worrying... I really hope your scan on Tuesday goes well and will make you at least a little less nervous until your 13 week scan :flower:

And Chelli too! Enjoy your scan on Monday, I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes :thumbup:

Well, I've got less than 6 weeks to go now. I took a bump picture this morning (34wks + 1) and thought since our thread is no longer in the TTC section I'd post it here - I think it actually looks smaller than my 32 week bump.

Attachments

• 3x8CV.jpg
    3x8CV.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 7
ah hinky hope your scan goes well tmro x

Everything you look fab! 6 weeks to go wow that has flown! are you all ready?

Thanks Rowan. Yes we're pretty much ready. We changed our car for a slightly bigger one for more boot space, bought a new baby monitor because we're going to keep one in Fin's room since his bedroom will be on a different floor to us, we've bought a buggy board rather than a double buggy, and I just bought maternity pads.

I think I just need to buy newborn nappies, and a cheap shirt to give birth in... we also need to sort through Fin's baby clothes and wash what we're keeping. We've bought a few new clothes for the little one. And we can't think of anything else we need!

ah Everything, what a great bump! 6 weeks will fly by! My SIL is due around the same day as you :) wont be long til you get to say hello to your little one :)

I can't wait for my scan. a few of my friends are thinking boy, but i'm thinking girl..... one of us will be right lol!!

i've got a rotten stupid cold at the min. it has zapped all my energy (like i had any tut).

and i've got everything to buy yet, not starting til i'm 20 weeks and know the sex. it feels like a mammoth task if i'm honest, but least ive got time.

heres my 20 week bump

getting exciting Everything!

Chelli I always seem to have a cold all the way through when am pg its a pain!

were good - Martha is walking really well its so cute Im loving it - its helpful at this time as well :) hopefully she'll be a really string walker by April!

we got a double buggy from ebay ready for April so thats sorted - a cossato side by side - wont fit through the doors like so will require some thinking about logistically lol I figure it depends on Martha how long we'll need it for - weve got the all terrain and i candy as well so if I go out with dh I figure we can take a pushchair each - what I am going to miss when Im out with them both on my own is the good old click the car seat in the travel system option!

what do you guys think about your los sharing a room? we have a 1930s semi 3 bed and we need one room for an office (dh self employed)

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1
Lovely bumps, ladies!

Just a quick one from me to say that we saw our little bubba today, heart was beating away so that was a relief. Dates were moved back 4 days based on measurements, but I don't think they can be very accurate at this stage anyway. So next scan will be 7th Jan, just got to keep sane until then and try to remember it's more likely to be a good outcome than not :wacko:

Thanks for all your support, ladies x

Awww i'm so happy for you Hinky. It is such a worry, but 7th Jan will come in no time and then you'll see your little wriggler.

I was having a think today while i was on the loo (weeing)! lol mainly because i still kind of hold my breath when i go to the toilet, and i don't think that will ever leave me until i feel this one kicking me throughout the day...

......and it suddenly occurred to me that i'm going to spend the rest of my life worrying about my child whether inside or outside the womb! It was quite a startling thought lol.....especially while peeing anyway lol....

anyway Rowan, loving your bump. Mine is growing too, but i have no idea how to upload pics on here.

I dont think there is anything rong with children sharing a room up to a certain age. I suppose how much of an age gap matters, and whether or not their sleep will be affected?
I generally think once they start getting older, they need their own space, but i shared with my sister for many years, until my older brother moved out and i got his room. Sometimes it's a case of needs must! if it comes to it you'll have to get a wooden hut outside for your office lol

Hi ladies, lovely bump pics and brilliant news you've heard bubba's heartbeat nice and strong Hinky :cloud9:

Chelli I'm in West Yorkshire but I had my scan in the west mids where my mum and dad live. I would recommend where I went to anyone but its too far away for you being in the north west. I'd maybe post a thread in the pregnancy forum and see if there are any ladies in your area that can recommend somewhere close to you :flower:

Rowan my LO's will be sharing a room to begin with, even though we are having a boy this time. He will be in with us for the first 6 months but then will have to go in with Maia for a few years.

We have three bedrooms, one of which is currently an office too. We have a huge hallway so we plan to create an office space for DH there eventually. The bigger issue for us is that our third bedroom is 2 floors down from the other two bedrooms (our house is one of those 3 storey town houses) and it just doesn't feel right to be 2 floors away from my LO's at night while they are still so young. I shared with my sister for years, until we were old enough to need our own space and we loved it. I think its fine for opposite genders too although I think that time when they need to be seperated will come a couple of years sooner, which is fine.

I don't really want to move as although our house isn't the perfect set up for kids its perfect for when they grow into teens as it has a bathroom per bedroom so no arguments about taking too long to get ready :thumbup:

Haven't forgotten about scan pics. I'm back home today but working so bare with me and I'll pop a pic on in the next few days as I get chance x

I don't think our LOs will share a room, just because Stan is such a poor sleeper that I think any extra disturbance will be a bad idea. Luckily we have 3 bedrooms upstairs so we'll just lose our 'guest' (junk) room. If he was (or becomes) a better sleeper then they'd definitely share after the initial few months in our room - I shared with my older brother by choice when I was little, as I didn't like to be in a room by myself. We shared until I was 4 and my little brother came along, then it made more sense for the boys to share.

Chelli, hope your cold gets better soon. I have got a sinus infection and it's so frustrating not to be able to take my usual decongestants. Warm milk and honey just doesn't cut it :cry:

Oh, and :happydance: just phoned up and got my scan date moved forward to 31st Dec, to avoid having to take time off work. So I get to see my bubba a week sooner :happydance:

Hinky I don't know if it would work out this way but would it be possible that Stan might sleep better if he did share a room?

Maia is hit and miss with sleeping. She will go ages when she STTN lovely and then all of a sudden we're back to screaming and wanting to be with us :wacko:

I spoke to a few people who said their LO's sleep actually improved when they room shared as they found not being alone comforting. A bit like you did with your brother I guess.

You know Stan best and his patterns of sleeping/waking but just a thought.

Ace news about your scan too :thumbup: x

Hinky I don't know if it would work out this way but would it be possible that Stan might sleep better if he did share a room?

Maia is hit and miss with sleeping. She will go ages when she STTN lovely and then all of a sudden we're back to screaming and wanting to be with us :wacko:

I spoke to a few people who said their LO's sleep actually improved when they room shared as they found not being alone comforting. A bit like you did with your brother I guess.

You know Stan best and his patterns of sleeping/waking but just a thought.

Ace news about your scan too :thumbup: x

Yes, I hadn't thought of it that way. I suppose I'm just remembering how often we'd get up in the night for feeding, or changing (no concept of day or night as far as his bowels were concerned!), or if he got stuck standing up, or if his dummy had fallen out, etc etc. He was a really touchy baby and the slightest thing would wake / upset him. He also had bad eczema and would scratch until he bled, so we'd frequently be sorting that out and covering him in all sorts of lotions and potions... oh, and reflux, so we'd be changing the bed after a lot of feeds. In hindsight he was HARD WORK!! I do not believe he has ever slept through the night :wacko:

So it was more from the point of view that we may well have another awkward child who requires a lot of to-ing and fro-ing, which could be rather disturbing for Stan. But if that were not the case (and in fact I think we're much better prepared to deal with that this time around without all the fuss), then you could well be right. Thanks for the insight! :flower:

thanks ladies thats good input - I think we shall have to go with the flow and see what the little guys like - and Martha by that point but we'll aim to pop Michael in the room with Martha (and move her from her room into the big front bedroom) when he gets to around 6 months which is around this time I suppose next year! its worth a try! hopefully in a few years money wont be so tight so we can figure out an alternative by the time they get old enough to complain lol!

Hi girls, just a quick one from me to say I've read your thread and great news for you all that everything is going well. I've not been on here for months and we are still having no luck TTC so going back to the consultant just before Christmas and hoping to push for IUI or IVF in the new year. I've been really low with it all to be honest so looking forward to doing something proactive and grateful that we can afford to do whatever we can. Anyway, glad you're all doing well and I will lurk now and again to keep an eye on progress xxx

Nice to hear from you Captain- i'm glad you've found us to say hello :hugs:

Wishing you all the luck with IVF/IUI.... I'm sure the New Year will bring a fresh start. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Please do keep in touch :) Big hugs hun....lurk away :) xxx

Hi girls, just a quick one from me to say I've read your thread and great news for you all that everything is going well. I've not been on here for months and we are still having no luck TTC so going back to the consultant just before Christmas and hoping to push for IUI or IVF in the new year. I've been really low with it all to be honest so looking forward to doing something proactive and grateful that we can afford to do whatever we can. Anyway, glad you're all doing well and I will lurk now and again to keep an eye on progress xxx

Great to hear from you, Captain, but gutted to hear that you haven't cracked it yet :hugs: I know that feeling month after month, it was 12 months for us in the end and you do end up thinking that could just go on and on indefinitely... I think you are right to push for some positive action now and I will be thinking of you and wishing you all the luck in the world. Will be looking out for you and hope you'll keep in touch with your news xxx

Lovely to hear from you Captain. Please keep us posted on your IUI/IVF news in the new year. Some people seem to get natural BFPs just as they start the process so you never know... keep having fun with the jiggy jiggy - something that is a rare treat for me at the moment! :haha: Like you said, at least money is not an issue and it's amazing what can be done medically these days :flower:

Great bump pic Rowan, it's really coming along (I don't think that top will fit you much longer :haha:).

Chelli I hope your cold's better :hugs: I had mine for about a month and it's still not completely gone now, although its just an occasional winter sniffle now.

Hinky that's great you saw baby's heartbeat, and even better that your next scan is in December now :thumbup: I'm looking forward to hearing your New Year update!

Looking forward to seeing your scan pic Starlight :flower: Chelli, where are you trying to upload a bump pic from? If its on your pc / laptop, you just need to use the paperclip icon when you are in a reply to attach a pic. If your pics are on a smartphone you can get an app to upload your pics onto and then use the paperclip... I use Picup, which is a free app on my iPhone.

Hi, hope you're all having a good weekend. I am freaking out a bit because I've had some brown cm when I wiped just now. I know that lots of women have this and go on to have healthy pregnancies, but I just can't help being concerned in view of what we went through last year. Please keep your fingers crossed for me that it is nothing to worry about. If it doesn't settle down in next day or two then I will be calling EPAU for advice x

Hi Captain :flower:

It really is good to hear from you. I've noticed you being quiet on here as I've stalked your profile a wee bit :blush:

I don't blame you though and I'm really sorry you don't have your BFP yet. I really hope you get the go ahead for IVF/IUI in the new year and I hope you keep us up to date with your progress.

Take care and lurk as much as you want too xx

Hi, hope you're all having a good weekend. I am freaking out a bit because I've had some brown cm when I wiped just now. I know that lots of women have this and go on to have healthy pregnancies, but I just can't help being concerned in view of what we went through last year. Please keep your fingers crossed for me that it is nothing to worry about. If it doesn't settle down in next day or two then I will be calling EPAU for advice x

Hinky, could you not call your EPAU right away?

You're right a lot of ladies do have this and go on to have full term healthy pregnancies but you're worried (understandably with what you've been through in the past) and a visit to EPAU and perhaps a scan could put your mind at rest.

I had two small bleeds when I was pregnant with Maia and got a scan both times and it made me feel loads better :flower:

Fingers crossed for you, whatever you decide x

Everything I haven't forgotten about posting my scan pic. Should be able to get on PC tomorrow night and sort it :thumbup: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->