The Over 35 Newbies and not so's :)

hi captain - keeping my fingers crossed for you for the New Year x

hinky - aye I'd call your epau - I'm all for checking stuff out - we've had 5 scans already this pg and had more with Martha - keeping my fingers crossed all is ok for you x

Hinky- this year i read that lots and lots of women have some bleeding throughout their pregnancies, and gone on to have healthly full terms. I understand your worry tho :hugs:
I'd phone your EPU in the morning, as the stress of wondering won't do you or baby any good.
Fingers crossed for you hun :hugs:

Hinky, I had brown blood when I wiped when I was pregnant with Fin. It happened twice, once at around 5 weeks and then at 9 or 10 weeks I think, and both times I was completely freaked and very upset so I know how you must be feeling :hugs: I rang and spoke to the hospital, and the midwife said brown blood with no pain was quite normal and usually nothing to worry about.

Needless to say everything was fine for me but I agree with the others, at least ring for advice and you may be able to get a reassurance scan x

Hi ladies,

As promised here is a picture of my gorgeous boy. I can't believe how clear this picture is - modern technology is amazing :thumbup:

Attachments

• 179374_10151532060559307_1278872271_n.jpg
    179374_10151532060559307_1278872271_n.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi ladies. . . Just nipped on quick to let you know that I had my scan today. . . And I've broken the trend!! . . . I've a little girl on the way. . . Surrounded by all these boys!

Star I love that picture. . . I can't believe how clear it is :) it's lovely x x

Hi ladies. . . Just nipped on quick to let you know that I had my scan today. . . And I've broken the trend!! . . . I've a little girl on the way. . . Surrounded by all these boys!

Star I love that picture. . . I can't believe how clear it is :) it's lovely x x

Ah, brilliant news, congratulations!! When Stan was born we had a big group of ladies who all met through various ante-natal activities, and we had 10 boys and 2 girls! It does seem to go in clusters of boys or girls, so maybe you have changed the tide and I'll be pink too!

I didn't phone the EPAU in the end. Have had nothing since that one wipe and after a lot of soul-searching I figure I am probably less stressed just assuming the best. Even if they gave me another scan, my mmc didn't happen until after this point, so it would not reassure me much. So in the absence of any proper bleeding I am keeping calm and carrying on! Thanks for your concern xxx

Hi ladies,

As promised here is a picture of my gorgeous boy. I can't believe how clear this picture is - modern technology is amazing :thumbup:

Wow, this is amazing! Incredible detail, it's just brillinat what they can do now. Aw, you must be so excited to meet your little man :thumbup:

Hinky, no pain is a good sign, and having no more browny blood sounds good. I'm sure everything will be fine. Big positive thoughts going your way :) x

hinky no pain is defo a good sign - keeping my fingers crossed for you x

starlight Love the pic!!!

chelli - yey for a girl!! How lovely :) x

I got my natal hypnotherapy book and cd in the post the other day - got to say tho I keep picking them up and reading a bit and then having a right old panic...will mention to mw when I go on thursday - got to get a grip about it all before labour time!

Starlight I love the scan pic, makes me kinda wish I had got a 4D scan done now, it's so clear :baby:

Hinky I saw you are around 9 weeks so your period would have been due around now - women often get a little brown blood when their period would have come, especially during 1st tri (that's likely to be what mine was).

Chelli congratulations on :pink:!! :cloud9:

No news from me really... 1 month tomorrow till my due date :happydance: My stretch marks around my belly button seem to be getting worse... a small price to pay, I know, but I hope they don't get too bad x

Aw thanks ladies, I'm really pleased with the scan and I can't wait to meet him for real :cloud9:

Hinky, I'm pleased your bleed came to nothing. I thought it would be fine but I understand completely why you were so worried.

Chelli - congratulations on breaking the trend and having a little girl baking in there :happydance:

Rowan - I've got to admit as much as I'm looking forward to meeting my little man I'm nervous about labour, especially being a VBAC. My sister is dud any minute now as you know and she is hoping for a VBAC so I'm really hoping that she'll have a good experience and it will have the knock on effect of giving me a bit more confidence.

Everything - 1 month to go! OMG! :happydance: Im so excited for you and can't wait to see some pics if the first baby in our group x

Had a little bit more brown blood today, so phoned the EPAU. Just got fobbed off with brown blood is old blood, your 12 week scan must be coming up soon so you'll just have to wait and see what happens, phone us again if you get a red bleed heavier than a period. So it will be a very long 2.5 weeks, and not great to be hanging over our heads at Christmas. I am sure it just depends who answers the phone in that place. I do remember my midwife telling me last time that they'll only scan for red bleed with pain, and advised me to exaggerate my symptoms, otherwise my mmc would probably have gone undetected until 12 week scan then :shrug:

gah how frustrating hon - could you go for a private scan or would you rather wait? hugs hon its pants to have to worry x

Hinky could you exaggerate your symptoms so you could get an early scan? I know not everyone likes to do it in case its tempting fate etc but although 2.5 weeks isn't long it can feel like a lifetime if you're going out of your mind with worry :hugs:

Its true that a small amount of brown blood is unlikely to be any cause for worry but that wouldn't stop me worrying.

I hope you're ok xxx

Starlight, what an amazing scan pic!!! So beautiful!!

Chelli, huge congrats on the exclusive pink bump!! :yipee:

Hinky sorry to hear about your bleeding. I had heavy bleeding just before 12w through to 14w but baby is still hanging in there. Could be something similar with you. Can you get a referral for a scan via your mw or Gp perhaps?

Everything, your edd is coming round so fast!! Amazing to think if my last one had stuck I'd be almost due too... Yikes lol!!

Rowan, hope things are ticking along nicely for you!!

Did anyone find captain yet? Hope she's doing ok (and hopefully pregnant!)

Thanks, everyone. I called EPAU again this morning and spoke to a nurse, who took the time to talk things over with me and was much more reassuring actually. She said I need to try to take it easy so I have left all the lifting / carrying / teamaking to OH this morning. No more bleeding so far which is encouraging.

I did think about exaggerating my symptoms to get a scan, but she basically said they wouldn't need to see me unless I was soaking through a pad in half an hour. I can't really fake that, especially if they wanted to do an internal scan (which they did last time at 11 weeks).

I don't think midwife can refer here, dan-o, as last time when I spoke to my midwife she said I had to call, and told me to exaggerate my symptoms! The GPs in my surgery are not the most sympathetic either, so I think they'd also just tell me to wait it out for my 12 week scan. I think if they are happy that my health's not being jeopardised, then they're not that bothered.

If I could get a private scan nearby I would, but the nearest is an hour's drive away. And I suppose a part of me resents spending hours and paying the best part of £100 to potentially go through a really horrible experience. I personally think they should up their prices but only charge for good news!

Anyway, thanks for replying. Must seem like a world away to you, all this first tri worry! I have ordered a doppler, despite saying I'd never use one again after it gave me false hope with my last pregnancy. I just think I'd rather be doing something than nothing. If I think I hear something, at least it'll give me something to cling on to. If I don't, then I'll be prepared for the worst. Hopefully, Christmas will make the time go a bit quicker and we will know one way or another.

Hinky hun. . . Just wanted to pop on to say I'm sending you positive thoughts x x
I've not tried the dopler again as I thought I'd get a bit obsessive with it but I can see how it can reassure you.
Put your feet up and rest as much as possible! . . . Have you still no pain? And no red blood is a good sign.
I really do hope everything turns out ok x

Sorry they won't scan you, Hinky. It was the same for me when I had the 2 brown bleeds with Fin - they just said no pain and brown blood was not usually anything to worry about... doesn't stop you worrying though does it? :shrug:

I'm out of the 1st tri worry stage but now having irrational thoughts about whether baby will be born alive and healthy. Can't wait to hold him safely in my arms.

I hope the Doppler gives you some comfort Hinky :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->