The POAS Addiction Support Group

Just wanted to add...I have seen threads where women wonder why they started getting positive OPKs after the first time (after expected OV), but I always wonder...if you thought you OV'd...why are you still taking OPKs? :shrug:

BUT I also found out if you don't want to waste your ICs you can take OPKs and it will show up positive if you are pregnant....here is a site that explains really well why that happens. https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

And I think maybe this is why some women keep using OPKs, but then when they take their actual tests they come back negative maybe

This is my FIRST month ever doing OPK's. Well, I will start next cycle, that is. Can someone give me a little insight on them? Do I start using them at a certain CD? Same time every day? Twice a day?

What is your OPK schedule?

Well for me I follow SMEP (sperm meets egg plan), this month anyway. And it calls for you to start doing OPK's on CD10...once you get a positive you're done with the OPK's and you DTD 3 days in a row. But I've heard that someone women get two LH surges and are triphasic, and all other kinds of things that I don't understand! :shrug: (More stuff for you to goolge! :haha:) That's a bit too advanced for me and since this is just our first month trying, I'm trying to be a little bit relaxed.

My body has always been pretty predictable and as of right now I have no reason to believe I need to use OPKs any other time than when I expect to OV.

Hahaha!! Believe me I have been googeling all kinds of stuff about the "phases". It is so confusing! Every other time I was TTC, I was just relaxed about it, didn't chart, track, or anything like that...just let it happen, so actually paying attention this time has made it pretty confusing!

I think next cycle I will just start testing at cd 10, and hope for the best LOL! :thumbup:

Just wanted to add...I have seen threads where women wonder why they started getting positive OPKs after the first time (after expected OV), but I always wonder...if you thought you OV'd...why are you still taking OPKs? :shrug:

BUT I also found out if you don't want to waste your ICs you can take OPKs and it will show up positive if you are pregnant....here is a site that explains really well why that happens. https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

And I think maybe this is why some women keep using OPKs, but then when they take their actual tests they come back negative maybe

:shock: Oh no, I don't think I could do that! To keep getting positive OPK's and then get a BFN at the end! That would be so heart wrenching!!

LOL! Because we are ADDICTS! We can't NOT pee on sticks!

LOL! Because we are ADDICTS! We can't NOT pee on sticks!

:rofl:

OK! I admit...I used a couple OPKs last month to save my FRERs! How else would I know so much! lmao....but I never caught a second phase....heck I didn't start using them till about 10dpo, so I didn't catch ANY phase lol :dohh: But I can't imagine testing ALL month long.

Hello ladies :wave: My name is Katie and I'm a borderline POAS addict.
I was really good last cycle, but unfortunately AF showed early at only 8DPO. I had planned on starting testing with FRERs at 9DPO (LP is 10-12 days for me).
I'm down in the other thread as testing on the 11th, but honestly I don't know if I'll make it that long. The first two cycles trying I wasn't doing temping or OPKs, but my AF was always pretty consistent within a few days. Pretty sure I would start testing 5 days before I missed and continue to test until AF showed up. I was using the FRERs for that too.... Yikers.... If only DH knew.... He knows I do OPKs, but he doesn't know exactly how many... We have a garbage in our bedroom that I put my pee-sticks in after I'm done. He doesn't look or go near that one because I temp vaginally and use disposable probe covers that he knows I put in there when I'm done. :haha:
We too were doing SMEP this cycle, but we have modified it a little bit. We got three days in a row, but one was the day before the pos OPK, one the day of, and another the day after. We should have gone one more time in a row, but DH just couldn't do it.

PS. I am loving this thread!

PPS. <--- pun intended... I am only 3DPO and have a major urge to POAS, so maybe I'm less borderline than I thought!! :rofl:

LillyTame, ninifay, BubsMom andadopim - you've seriously made me :rofl: reading about your antics! Thanks for sharing!
I am now going to admit something on here that I have kept hidden from everyone - even my closest girlfriends, because they would certainly have me certified but I know that you - the POASaholic sisterhood will understand...
I keep a peed on stick, so that when I have the urge to POAS I can - and not waste one!!!
This is my truth - please don't judge me! :wacko::rofl::loopy:

I keep a peed on stick, so that when I have the urge to POAS I can - and not waste one!!!

Never thought about that, it wouldn't be enough for me. But honestly I have a test that I guess was a false positive bc I took a good one and it was neg, but anyway I kept it under the sink so I can see two lines... Just so I can pretend just for a few seconds that I am pregnant.

LillyTame, ninifay, BubsMom andadopim - you've seriously made me :rofl: reading about your antics! Thanks for sharing!
I am now going to admit something on here that I have kept hidden from everyone - even my closest girlfriends, because they would certainly have me certified but I know that you - the POASaholic sisterhood will understand...

That's an interesting idea...hmmmm

It reminds me that I've thought about bringing OPKs to work to test mid day, but how would I keep them horizontal?! :dohh: lol I guess IF/WHEN I really get desperate I COULD figure out a way lmao :dohh:

Hmm, that's an interesting concept that I have never thought of before.... Definitely no judgement here!
I did have a friend that "re-used" her Dollar Store HPTs. It actually did work once on one that she had used a few days prior. She dropped the drops in it and sure enough 2 lines showed up..... and she really was pregnant. It was so bizarre how that worked out. But I would guess that it's probably not normal and wouldn't happen that often (tho I never personally tried it)

Never thought about that, it wouldn't be enough for me. But honestly I have a test that I guess was a false positive bc I took a good one and it was neg, but anyway I kept it under the sink so I can see two lines... Just so I can pretend just for a few seconds that I am pregnant.

I actually do that with my pos OPKs.... I know they are not HPTs, but I keep the darkest positive one under the sink for a while. I look at it and pretend that it's a very positive HPT :haha:

*stands* Hi, im Tess. I currently spend way too much time squinting at the 5+ tests I take a day, and I think I will be upping my addiction and I will be using opks soon. I just ordered 5o yesterday :(I other times ill pee in a cup and drive to dollar store and do the test in the parking lot!

*stands* Hi, im Tess. I currently spend way too much time squinting at the 5+ tests I take a day, and I think I will be upping my addiction and I will be using opks soon. I just ordered 5o yesterday :(I other times ill pee in a cup and drive to dollar store and do the test in the parking lot!

LOL! I can't say I have taken the cup with me, but I have definitely peed in a cup..left it on the counter to drive to the dollar store and come back and dipped at least 5 sticks in it lol and the dollar general cheapies are the worst for me! i buy at least 10 boxes at a time..i think the little thingies you use to drop the pee on the stick make me feel all science-lab like..haha i definitely experiment with how many drops and how slow..etc.

I have to confess that I always take two tests at one time, just to see the difference. And after I take the test, I look at it under every single different light in my house..in the bathroom..in the kitchen..outside for natural light. And then after a lengthy examination..I take the tests apart to do the same exact thing..bathroom..kitchen..outside. I have issues lol

Oh my goodness. After reading this thread, I feel better about my addiction! :rofl:

Oh my goodness. After reading this thread, I feel better about my addiction! :rofl:

This is a developing sisterhood as Cherie mentioned. No matter what the level of addiction, we're here for each other.... if even just to listen to the somewhat crazy antics of each other :thumbup:

I have to confess that I always take two tests at one time, just to see the difference. And after I take the test, I look at it under every single different light in my house..in the bathroom..in the kitchen..outside for natural light. And then after a lengthy examination..I take the tests apart to do the same exact thing..bathroom..kitchen..outside. I have issues lol

This I have done, quite a few times. It was how I got my bfp last time. I peed in a cup, had an IC and a CB, dipped them both in. IC came up bfn, CB bfp! No doubt about it I'll definitely be doing that again!! And yes, I have been known to take them apart too.

I've had a few issues with the ICs I have at the moment. When I really squint at them in all lights you can see the test line that the hcg attaches to. It's just a slightly different texture but it means whenever I hold one up and really look I see that and then I have to remind myself that no dye has attached to it. :dohh:

That's an interesting idea...hmmmm

It reminds me that I've thought about bringing OPKs to work to test mid day, but how would I keep them horizontal?! :dohh: lol I guess IF/WHEN I really get desperate I COULD figure out a way lmao :dohh:

Enter the hooded jumper lol...I slip it into the kangaroo pouch at the front. IT stays horizontal, I get to sneakily peep at it.

Well, FX that my tests come today and I can begin with my obsession! I'm going to take a nap today, that way my pee is more concentrated. I really don't think it is going to be positive, because the only symptom that would even relate to being pg I have is a sore throat. I keep speculating on other things, but I think they are all in my head LOL!

It's fun to test anyhow! FX'd!

:rofl: I do the same thing!! Last month I got a faint positive, had nothing left in the house so I went and bought 10 dollar store cheapies...got home, didn't believe the dollar store cheapie (BFN), so I went to walmart and bought a box of FRERs and Answers....they were all gone by the next morning....and guess what? All BFNs :rofl:

My husband thinks Im nuts....glad I'm not alone :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->