The POAS Addiction Support Group

Ahw yay!! How cool is that!! A little girl :)
Can't believe you could find out that early!
Glad everything is going well for you!!

My hubby never had sperm analysis so I can't help there, sorry!

Hello girls! :wave: I have been stalking the thread, but as I can't POAS anymore I haven't really been posting. I really have my FX'd for some more BFPs!
Everything is going well here. Had my NT scan yesterday and the baby looks perfect. Blood work will come back next week. Its amazing the 4D pictures they can get these days. We also found out yesterday that we're having a girl! :D

I do have a question, that since I am familiar with you ladies I thought I would ask here first. Has anyone's DH had a sperm analysis? How long did it take for results? A close friend of mine is seeing a fertility doctor and they are taking the sample in March and they were told won't have the results until May. I was just wondering if it legitimately takes that long or if the clinic is being slightly ridiculous?

Congrats on your bean turning pink!

My DH got a referral for a SA yesterday. I called the lab where the SA will be done, and she said my doctor would have the results within 5 days of sample collection. Waiting until May sounds CRAZY!

I'm on cd4 and will be doing SMEP so I'll start using my ovulation strips in 6 days. I have a bunch of IC's but I also have Clearblue digital for when the IC get darker. Hopefully I get that smiley face this month!

BFN again for me this morning ladies. Boo....well, just waiting for AF to arrive, and then to the next cycle!

Congrats on your pink bean adopim! Nice to see you again! :flower:

Ahw no way TL!!! :( Sorry you're out!! :hugs:

And LoveSanrio, hopefully the witch won't show!!

I have literally NO clue at all this month.... My temps are much different from last cycle. My cervix is low and pretty hard. I get some creamy CM but also some yellow tinged snotty cm. I have no idea what's going on and what is going to happen when I test :shrug: Though I'm not feeling very positive at all.... :nope:

You know what they say love, not out until the witch shows!

Thanks ladies! I get to have my Elly :D My DD is thrilled to be having a little sister. My DH is happy too, albeit a bit nervous to be surrounded in estrogen. Haha!

Ginger: Thanks for the answer on the SA question. I thought 2 months seemed to be ridiculous as does my friend. Tho I believe her husband scheduled the appointments so it could be possible there was a scheduling problem... I'm not sure (she didn't seem to know the reason for it and was actually quite upset... Obviously) They are pretty sure that he can't have his own children and want to look into a donor. But they also want to be for sure he can't have his own before persuing that route 100%. Her frustration is understandable since it means waiting, waiting, and more waiting.

Hello girls! :wave: I have been stalking the thread, but as I can't POAS anymore I haven't really been posting. I really have my FX'd for some more BFPs!
Everything is going well here. Had my NT scan yesterday and the baby looks perfect. Blood work will come back next week. Its amazing the 4D pictures they can get these days. We also found out yesterday that we're having a girl! :D

I do have a question, that since I am familiar with you ladies I thought I would ask here first. Has anyone's DH had a sperm analysis? How long did it take for results? A close friend of mine is seeing a fertility doctor and they are taking the sample in March and they were told won't have the results until May. I was just wondering if it legitimately takes that long or if the clinic is being slightly ridiculous?

My husband had a sperm analysis done about a month ago and we got the results in 2 days. The situation was a bit different though. He went through cancer treatments that had a possibility of making him sterile. The analysis was basically a check up on that. Plus we have Kaiser insurance so we can log onto their website and see all our lab results the second they get them.

My husband had a sperm analysis done about a month ago and we got the results in 2 days. The situation was a bit different though. He went through cancer treatments that had a possibility of making him sterile. The analysis was basically a check up on that. Plus we have Kaiser insurance so we can log onto their website and see all our lab results the second they get them.

That's actually why they think my friend's DH can't have kids. He has been in remission for a number of years but when he was diagnosed (Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma) he had some very intense therapies and was in the hospital more often than he wasn't for years.

That's actually why they think my friend's DH can't have kids. He has been in remission for a number of years but when he was diagnosed (Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma) he had some very intense therapies and was in the hospital more often than he wasn't for years.

Ooof Non Hodgkin's is no joke. My husband had regular Hodgkin's Lymphoma which everyone said was the "good" kind of cancer. Puh-leeze! No cancer is the good kind! I get what they meant because regular Hodgkin's is very curable but it didn't make that awful time any easier. This month marks DH's 1 year remission. His sperm was A-OK so there is hope that chemo doesn't cause you to become sterile.

Ooof Non Hodgkin's is no joke. My husband had regular Hodgkin's Lymphoma which everyone said was the "good" kind of cancer. Puh-leeze! No cancer is the good kind! I get what they meant because regular Hodgkin's is very curable but it didn't make that awful time any easier. This month marks DH's 1 year remission. His sperm was A-OK so there is hope that chemo doesn't cause you to become sterile.

That's why I think they want to double check before they start looking into donor. The doctors are very certain that his therapies cause irreversible damage, but it never hurts to just make sure.
It's awful that they would tell you it's the "good" kind! I get what they were trying to do, but at the same time it really doesn't make things easier.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your friends. I hope they get good news.

Am I right in thinking this OPK is positive? It's just that its 10 days earlier than I expected... :shrug: I usually get EWCM but haven't seen any yet, although I did suddenly get wet underwear a lot yesterday, but more sticky than it should have been.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 3
Yeah that's definitely positive.... i didn't notice much, if any, ewcm this cycle which confused me aswell when i got my smiley face. But my temp confirmed O 2 days after my +opk. Get bding!

Yeah that's definitely positive.... i didn't notice much, if any, ewcm this cycle which confused me aswell when i got my smiley face. But my temp confirmed O 2 days after my +opk. Get bding!
thanks, I thought perhaps I was seeing things. I don't want a repea of last month with multiple positives on my OPKs, so this month I've been more critical of my lines.

I see you got a nice temp rise this morning; hopefully it continues to stay up there :)

Okay so...... after not expecting anything to come out of this month, and a definite BFN last night.... I tested this morning with FMU. I got up about 10 minutes before I usually get my kids up for school, POAS, left it on the bathroom counter, and went and got my girl's school clothes ready. Then I went back in the bathroom to start their shower. It had been at maximum 10 minutes. The test was BFP. I could see a second line when I walked into the bathroom, but of course I had to pick it up to eyeball it closer. The second line looked pink, and was faint, but not a squinter. Is this even possible? I got a definite BFN last night around 6pm! Should I trust this test?

Of course I dumped the pee bc I thought for sure it would be BFN, so I am going to test again. The test I used was an IC. I have FRER, and digis. How long should I hold my pee, and what tests should I use??? HALP! :wacko:

Okay so...... after not expecting anything to come out of this month, and a definite BFN last night.... I tested this morning with FMU. I got up about 10 minutes before I usually get my kids up for school, POAS, left it on the bathroom counter, and went and got my girl's school clothes ready. Then I went back in the bathroom to start their shower. It had been at maximum 10 minutes. The test was BFP. I could see a second line when I walked into the bathroom, but of course I had to pick it up to eyeball it closer. The second line looked pink, and was faint, but not a squinter. Is this even possible? I got a definite BFN last night around 6pm! Should I trust this test?

Of course I dumped the pee bc I thought for sure it would be BFN, so I am going to test again. The test I used was an IC. I have FRER, and digis. How long should I hold my pee, and what tests should I use??? HALP! :wacko:

OMG

I would not drink very much and hold for as long as you possibly can. Maybe at least 4 hours, but better if you could hold it longer? Post a pic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->