The positive about OH thread...

Siuan

Reaction score
There seem to be quite a lot of negative threads about people's OHs right now and whilst I understand why and I feel for the ladies struggling with their OHs, I wanted to balance the forum up a bit by starting a thread about our OHs good sides...

I am forever grateful to my OH for giving up willingly our life of self-indulgence and pleasing ourselves. He loves travelling (and so do I) and he's willingly given that up for the time being whilst we start the family I've always wanted.

He has been soooo understanding over how I'm feeling during my pregnancy. The lack of sex has to have been hard on him and I feel guilty that he's missing out so much. But I really appreciate the fact that he hasn't complained about it once.

He has been an absolute star in getting the loft boarded and our smallest bedroom cleared by moving all the junk into the loft out of the way. And he now has to get the smallest room sorted to become our office/study. There is dodgy brickwork in there, the entire room needs plastering, the floor needs ripping up and he's doing it all without a single complaint.

I love my OH to bits and I'm so grateful to him for being such a pillar of strength so far :) :cloud9:

My OH has been wonderful, he lost his job early in the summer which was hard on us but he never complained once and worked his butt off to get another one. Hes now working 1 full time job and 2 part time jobs just so we have some money saved for our little girl. He never complains and always helps with the house work, he walks the dog for me and has learned to clean the oven lol. And if I'm just to tired to cook supper he does that for me. Hes a wonderful man and I'm lucky to have him. The love of my life and best friend.

As a little appreciation for him, I'm taking him to a comedy show tonight and then dropping him off at his buddies place for a night of drinking : )

Great thread. My hubby is amazing. He's constantly thinking about us and how to secure our future etc. he's already planned to work from home 2 days so he can be hands on while I continue my career 2 days. We aren't lucky. We have worked soo hard for everything and feel finally our labour is paying off!

Not all men are crapy. It's important to keep faith in the few good males lol

My OH has been wonderful too! He's very understanding of my lack of energy and not pushing me to do things I'm not up to. He rubs my aching back every night, deals with my bitchy attitude, and best of all he is just SO excited for our little girl to arrive! I feel so lucky to have found him and have him in my life!!!

My OH has been wonderful. He's been so so supportive, he wants to attend all appointments with me and coped so well with my moods and craziness. He's on a day out with DS at the moment so I can have a rest. Love him to bits.

This is a nice thread. I think we too often forget that our OH is going through their own changes, fears, etc and it can't be easy putting up with our hormone swings lol... I certainly wouldn't be able to remain as calm and understanding as my OH has been with me! :)

Yeah as much as I diss my OH....he does do some lovely things I don't really think about like when I get home from work he has my bath run with a mug of apple tea & my dinner in the oven.....it helps bring me back down froma potential preggers hissy fit when I think of things like this.

I love my DH! He's been cleaning the dishes and kitchen for me without even saying a word and hasn't complained when dinner hasn't been cooked. He's ok that I'm totally not in the mood for sex and has never pushed me. He goes to all the important dr appointments and has downloaded pregnancy books for dads on his iPad. He's been supportive that I just found a job and we might have to use his tax return and bonus toward baby instead of extra money for down payment. I love him! If he just cuddled more and watched less sports, he would be completely perfect lol.

My OH has been great even though i have been an emotional wreck, i have been so miserable some days and lose my temper over the silliest things which i know is just hormonal but he has just took it all in his stride and i know what you mean about the lack of sex we have barely dtd since i got my bfp as i am so tired but he hasn't been complaining, he has also been working overtime so our 2 little girls can have some nice xmas presents and then afterwards we can concentrate on buying things for the baby x

My OH has been brilliant too. He lost his job just after I foun dout I was pregnant and he is working really hard to get another one. Not only that, but he has been taking extra care of our toddler so that I can rest when I get home from work and has been doing loads of housework too.
Great thread :)

My hubby is am amazing man. He's currently putting in a 60hour week. i do a 40 hour week- but will be giving this up to become a stay at home mum. While hubby will still continue to be the hardworking man i love.

We've saved for years and have both worked incredibly hard to have this baby and I'm so grateful to have a hardworking man- he never once complains that he's tired and just gets on with it.

He's not complained once about the lack of dtd and knows the reasons why. He's incredibly supportive and attends all our appointments and gives me a weekly update from his iPhone app about the baby's development.

He also gives me a back and foot massage when i need it and as i struggled so much with sickness and food made me vomit he's work 12-13 hour day come home and then cook dinner, again, with no complaints! :blush:

I feel so lucky to have him- not all men are bad!

My husband is amazing I couldnt ask for a better father and husband, he helps with housework, cooking, laundry and my kids without being asked. He is attentive to my every need and is so very affectionate. He is the love of my life and I am so blessed to have him.

This thread is amazing! My DH has been wonderful- always is. He actually emptied the dishwasher the other night and cooked dinner for when I got home (was shopping with my Dad for a baby crib!) He is the hardest working man I know.. he is a full-time electrician, then he is also a farmer when he gets home, and he does electrical side jobs and remodels houses! There is nothing this man can't do and I am so blessed to have him! If our child is anything like him, he/she will be blessed. <3

My OH is sooo wonderful. i haven't been in the mood for sex at all since i've been pregnant, and i know he really wants to but he never bothers me about it. even though he is the only one who works, he still comes home and helps clean. he is always asking me if i need anything and if i'm ok. he deals with my mood swings very well. and he is very involved with the pregnancy. he even has an app on his iphone to tell him what the baby is doing each week. i love him to death, and this pregnancy has proved just how much he loves me and wants to be with me.

My OH hasnt complained once about the fact that we prob had sex like 4 times in 3 months...and i know he finding it had.

Also he turned into domestic godess cooking, cleaning, and looking after me...makes me wonder why he didnt do it before. lol

Also just seeing his face when we found out it was a boy...was deff one of the highlights so far =)

i know i can complain alot about my OH but really he does the nicest things... and i can still nag at him even when he does do nice things ill try pick at it and be a bitch and he knows its my hormones and understands..

he takes me breakfest in bed on the weekends, and even though he works if the place is a total mess and im not feeling well he will clean up everywhere and hoover and mop..

he always asks me if im ok and if i want anything and he will get me little treats every time he goes to the shop like my fav chocolate bar or sweets..

if im feeling sick or cant sleep he will lay beside me and tickle my back because he knows it relaxes me and puts me to sleep..

even today i said on the phone to him that id love some soup and he appeared 5 mins later with soup even though he was busy and had to leave stright away again... he always snuggles me and tell me he loves me... omg im actually so lucky to have him, the good things definitely outweigh the bad and this thread is a nice little reminder of that xx

How nice to see all these replies! I love my husband. He is so sweet to me and always sets everything aside to come and hold me when I'm feeling down or crying (which happens quite frequently now that I'm pregnant). He works hard for us each day and is constantly trying to think of ways to better our financial situation for a family (but it always involves what he can do to make more money for us, since he supports my decision to be a stay at home mom). He is a pillar of strength in my life, and I know I can always depend on him. He is the most dedicated and committed man I know, and shows and expresses his love for me every day. I am just so blessed to have him! :wedding:

My DH is everything a husband should be and then some.... But then, I am a wonderful wife and wouldn't expect anything less! :p we spoil each other. :)

I'll suffice to say I don't think I could live without him.

He's patient, helpful, willing, ready to do anything at any given moment, and he lives every second the way I do. I could never say he doesn't feel or want this pregnancy like I am. He's as ready and sensitive and intuitive on this as I am.

He's my one and only (well, I got another one coming up though, don't I?:haha:) dependence in the world.:cloud9:

my OH and I have some arguments like last night but we made up this morning we seem to be doing this a lot but i am grateful to have him in my life and that what keeps me with him... and i know that mainly he is grumpy because he isn't well and my grumpiness is because of my mood-swings so i think that makes us even!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->