The pushing stage...

Pushed for 40 mins with my DS1. About 10 mins with the twins (twin 1 was born at 6.03pm, twn 2 was born 6.07pm - 4 mins apart!)

6 hours here. I had the epidural and couldn't feel ANYTHING, not even just pressure. So i was pushing blindly and the nurse said she could see him come out on a good push but he always ended up sliding back in :(

I got to the hospital at 4:30am, and was fully dilated and ready to start pushing at 8am. Out my LO finally popped at 1:50pm. :happydance:

^ in the UK they normally only let you push for an hour :flower: my midwife told me that if she wasn't close to being born after an hour then she'd have to call the doctors in.

Erm about 2/3mins :blush: 2 pushes, I had the easiest labour/delivery ever!

But I reckon, easy labour = difficult baby :haha: Can't have it all ladies!!

^ in the UK they normally only let you push for an hour :flower: my midwife told me that if she wasn't close to being born after an hour then she'd have to call the doctors in.

They were monitoring baby and he was doing so well they just let me be. If his heart rate or anything had started going off balance they said they would have to take action.

Makes you wonder if it could have been too late by then :nope: but LO came out perfectly healthy! He had a mild cone head and that was back to normal in a few hours.

EDIT:
Also maybe they only say 1 hour in case you get too warn out. After all i was on the epidural at 9cm and since i was finally pain free, i was very alert and doing just fine.

Just a bit of a different perspective... I pushed for more than three hours... just to have them discover that as well as having turned OP, the baby's head had deflexed, and it would be impossible for me to deliver him. Most agonizing experience of my whole life, which I hope never to repeat. Obviously, I had to have an emergency c-section then. Maybe next time? It felt awful to get that close and then have a section. But he's here and healthy!

Did anyone get shaky legs - quickly followed by full body shakes - during labour and pushing? I was roasting hot but I couldn't stop shaking.

Oh ya, I had the labor shakes big time.
My L&D nurse told me not to fight them and just let my body shake...such a weird sensation!

I pushed for 1 hour and then had to get forceps because he wasnt coming out
I did exactly what they said but he was back to back and was just stuck and every time i pushed he was slipping back down!
i found the pushing easy though because you just want another pain so you can push again and get the out quicker but towards the end i was getting fed up and was practically in tears because he wouldnt come out

Umm i pushed for 30 mins? she was back to back and i never got the "urge" to push just horrible pain! I so wish i had the urge to push i wanted to push all the time i never knew if my contractions where coming or going! I never got relief is was horrible pain with or with out the contractions.

I pushed for an hour with the epidural and didn't feel any pain. After the hour they had to take her out with forceps because the cord was around her neck and her heart rate kept dropping.

Did anyone get shaky legs - quickly followed by full body shakes - during labour and pushing? I was roasting hot but I couldn't stop shaking.

My L&D nurse told me not to fight them and just let my body shake...such a weird sensation!

Yeah! Did you guys get an IV? Cuz my nurse said this was what was causing it but idk.

Yeah! Did you guys get an IV? Cuz my nurse said this was what was causing it but idk.

I had an IV from the very beginning because I was getting induced...
i also got an epidural but was shaking before that.

I was shaking too, had an IV from the start (group B strep + induction)

Hi,
Ds1, 7lb 3oz i was pushing for 33 minutes, only had 2 paracetamol as right up till my waters breaking i was adament i wasnt in labour, dont remember getting the shakes with him.(6hr total labour) He was also back to back & i ended up with 1 stitch inside.
Ds2 7lb 8oz i was pushing for 6 minutes, had no pain relief he was my easiest labour & birth, no shakes (3hr total labour),no bruising or anything.
Ds3 8lb 5oz i was pushing for 5 minutes. Had gas & air with him, although my quickest (just under 2hr) he was my heaviest by far & the most painful. Had really bad shakes after him all over for about 10minutes, the midwife said it was the shock of having him so quickly. I had slight grazing with him.

sarah

I pushed four over 4 hours (8pm-12:07am) after 2 1/2 days of active labour, and Alex got stuck in the last minute so they broke his collarbone to get him out.

At midnight they were prepping me for a C-section but then his head started coming out.

As far as I am aware and have been told here on BnB, my labour was botched and I should have had a C-section long before that happened.

:hugs: i was pushing for 4 hours too. :cry: Was the worst experience ever. I was begging for a section and the midwife totally ignored me. She also ignored me wanting an epidural and didnt get it either. My LO was born back to back by ventose delivery after my mum demanded they do something as babys heartrate was dropping. I dread to think what would have happened if she hadnt

I've had 2 very different labours. My first took 2 hours of pushing, every push felt like the worst pain ever I nearly climbed up the bed trying to get away from it, they had thought waters had broke when they hadn't so he was trying to come out with waters around his head like a little astronaut. I'm convinced that's why it was so hard.

Second time round my daughters waters broke and was born 6 minutes later. I only pushed 3 or 4 times and my body took over really it was so much easier I can't tell you! X

I think I pushed for around 50 minutes (induced) with ds1,then 3/4 pushes with dd and with ds2 My waters broke then I did about 5 pushes realised he was stuck and they got ready to call for help but the threat of forceps (and the help of my midwife pulling his shoulders) and he came out eventually.

I had a great labour generally, m/w arrived at home when I was 9cm, I spent all time prier to that walking about and decorating the christmas tree.
Transition was tough but pushing was so so hard, I ended up on the loo as it was the only way I had a clue what to do, it took over 1 1/2h to push her out and it bloody hurt!! Once my body kicked in it did get easier.

27 minutes and i much preferred the pushing bit to the contractions! I listened to MW when they said dont push and didnt tear at all :) Was on my back the entire time too and did it by myself. MW didn't touch me until the head was out and then it was only to check the cord. I brought Amelie up to myself :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->