The Really Useful TCM Thread

Hi Bernina,
I also had hot flushes with clomid during the night and had crazy dreams again on 100mg but other than that was ok. My temps were all higher the mornings after I took clomid too. My CBFM started reading High straight away and think this was def due to meds. I actually have to go for Follicle Tracking on Day 10 as they want to ensure no over-stimulation so that's tomorrow. Depending on what happens I may have to go back again towards end of week. I'm hoping there'll be a couple of lovely follicles ripening nicely but don't want to get my hopes up too much as will be gutted if get more bad news tomorrow:cry: I'll be dying to hear how you get on at your mid-cycle appt.

Have accu on Wednesday..figure it's a good time if tomorrow shows that ovulation within next few days is a possibility!

Hi, just to let you all know......

i have posted on here a few times and have had 6 (ish) sessions of accupuncture and reflexology since beginning of Feb - i also took soy this month for the first time.

Anyway - this weekend i got my BFP!!

Can't tell you which helped me accu or soy, or both. but either way something has helped x

Ah Misskat..that's fantastic news!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!:hugs:

Hi, just to let you all know......

i have posted on here a few times and have had 6 (ish) sessions of accupuncture and reflexology since beginning of Feb - i also took soy this month for the first time.

Anyway - this weekend i got my BFP!!

Can't tell you which helped me accu or soy, or both. but either way something has helped x

Congrats - I hope it was the acup that helped!!! How long were you TTC?

great news

misskat - congrats and a H&H 9 months to you lovely!!!

my temps are doing strange things this month.....looks like i didn't ov after all and am now on cd31. utter, utter crap all round. got acu tomorrow so hopefully she'll be able to kick-start my damned useless ovaries into some sort of action. can't believe that since sep last year i've only had three opportunities to get pregnant. its just so bloody unfair.

Ah Rubyloo thats sucks - hope your just having a Temp dip (implantation dip maybe) and the temps will go up again tomorrow.

It must be awful only ov'ing 3 times since Sept - i cant imagine that - its bad enough ov'ing every month and still not getting a BFP......

This TTC carry on sucks, big time.... :growlmad:

it wouldn't be so bad except yet another old school friend has just announced their pregnancy.

i am just so upset and angry right now. i hate my body and i hate the world. and this is the only place where people actually understand how flippin heartbreaking the whole ttc process is for those of us who have faulty bodies. not even my dh really gets it.

:cry::cry::cry:

I hear ya Rubyloo!! My track record of ovulating on my own would be similar to yours...I had three periods from May of last year!

To make matters worse just found out today that clomid 100mg had no effect whatsoever on stimulating my eggies to grow:cry:

I'm so sad, angry and upset with my body right now:growlmad:

hey fitzy - so sorry to hear the clomid isn't working. that's really crappy for you. :hugs:

i'm sorry i came on here and got all negative and cross....i just don't have anywhere else! i'm sure something good will happen to us soon :haha:

Congrats Misskat!

Rubyloo and Fitzy, I'm ever so sorry the clomid's not working for you. Like Reba says, it's bad enough when you have a chance every month. I have to say, you both seem to deal with it very well. As for coming on here and ranting - that's partly what we're all here for. It's certainly the way I use this thread, as I imagine you've all noticed. Here you're understood and no-one's ever going to doubt how heartbreaking and frustrating it is for you. I get angry, angry, angry that some women can just fall pregnant and others have to go through months or years of frustrating efforts, living by their cycle and having to dig deep to be happy for the others. It's not even like we don't want to be happy for them - we just want to be able to be happy for ourselves.

Rant away. :hugs: TCM will sort you out, it will sort us all out - but the bloody wait!!! Stupid fucking bodies! :growlmad::dohh:
Abi x

Thanks Abs...at this stage it's been one disappointment after another so any good news could cause potential heart failure for us:haha:

Just imagine how worth it all this will be when we hold our little ones in our arms...keeping that image to the forefront of my mind in the hope it will get me through the dark times:nope:

Accu tomorrow so will see what treats he has in store for me and my messed up ovaries!!

Firstly, Misskat thats fantastic news!! :happydance::wohoo:

Rubyloo - whats happened? Have your temps just dropped or did they not stay up really at all?

Fitzy Im really sorry to hear that, I thought of you earlier and I feel really disappointed for you. Have you tried hypnotherapy? My sister swears by it, was gearing up for IVF had tried all this acu etc and one session and shes knocked up! Now she has two natural babies!! She had really high FSH and clomid didnt work for her either, not ovulating etc. Zita West recommends it along with acu, worth looking into. Im going to soon, but no one in my town does it so would have to travel.

Abs - whats happening with you? Your dead right we need to vent and none of us mind listening to the others.. rant away!!

For me... I think Im 1 dpo, small temp rise this am not massive tho!! I hope Im dpo anyway and DH is in Amsterdam on a Uni trip sketching (yeah right!!) and we DTD as much as possible before he went :blush:

And Im also getting lots of announcements at the mo and Im pretty certain 2 more will be announced soon!! Argh!!

abs, laummatt, fitzy....thanks ladies....felt sooooo rubbish yesterday (not helped by a mega headache...)

anyway, yeah, keeping happy in the face of all these pregnancy announcements is very hard. i just smile and do my best whilst inside i'm crying. life can be very difficult some days.

temps - went up and stayed up (but not as high as usual post ov) then for two days dipped right down and have shot up again this morning. if they stay up then FF will move my ov date to cd31 (yesterday) and no bding happened as dh home late and me feeling like crap. so potentially another chance missed and another LONG wait for the next one. did bd on sunday but think thats a long shot in terms of a chance. also did an opk yesterday (and the day before) and nothing so really very confused. last month when i did opks i got a positive the day before ov....got acu today so that might help clear things up a bit.

:hugs: to all of us x

Laumatt, I havn't tried hypnotherapy but on your recommendation I'm going to look into it...I've tried everything else so what's another one to add to the long list!!:winkwink:

Rubyloo...great news about temp rise today. I totally understand how frustrating long cycles are and the fact that you think you mightn't have caught egg is so annoying...the lack of positive OPK the last couple days would seem to be a bit at odds with that though so maybe it hasn't happened yet. My temps used to be all over the place in my mega cycles. They were basically annovulatory charts and eventually I would ovulate and a sustained temp rise would be seen but it took a LONG time. Remind me again...how long you been TTC, did you come off BCP and have you been to doc about this?? Just trying to piece together info to see if can give you any advice from my own experiences!!:hugs:

fitzy - dh and i ntnp from about april last year and actively ttc since sept last year. no bcp ever, used to have 4/5 week regular cycles.....early pregnancy last feb which ended at approx 5 weeks so very early on. since then my cycles have been all over the place. oh well. acu since jan - this cycle v.odd as temps pretty constant in on area but odd jumps. who knows. hope my prac might be able to figure something out this afternoon!

xxx

Given that you used to have pretty regular cycles it's prob just your body settling down after m/c which must have been horrible. I think accu is prob your best course of action for the moment...no point in medical intevention unless you really need it. If your cycles havn't settled sown in couple more months I would go to doc for advice. At least you know you can get pregnant...WHEN it happens again(and I am positive it will) it might be worth talking to doc about progesterone supplements to help sustain a viable pregnancy.:hugs:

thanks fitzy - in truth at the point dh and i conceived we were not trying at all (typical!!!) and it was such an early loss it didn't really affect me that much...if it happened again now then it would be another story! i did lose a lot of weight right after which had an impact on my cycles - i think i just need time (and some patience....haha)

anyway, another acu session this afternoon. prac looked at my chart and said regardless of what's going on it would be well to encourage a period seeing as i'm at cd32 with no clear sign of ovulation. she was puzzled at the chart as it is quite different to my other ones, but said it was best to try and get my body to a point where it wasn't pushing beyond a month either to ov or bleed! i did chuckle at this one! i also got very emotional which was slightly embarrasing - she was very kind and understanding though which did help. needles in tops of feet, outside of shins, above knees and backs of hands close to the thumb. will see what the next few days bring.

Hi Rubyloo, glad to hear youve been to acu today, always makes me feel more sane! So she isnt sure if you ov either?? You have had a crazy cycle but remember even those who ov regularly only do so 10 out of 12 times a year.

Im rather boringly only 2dpo, it just seems so pointless going through these cycles some months as I know it wont work. DH has gone away so doubt I caught the eggy anyway, not that it would implant!!!! grrrrr... I could also scream sometimes!!!

Hi Girls,

Rubyloo - I hope your acup DR can get your periods/Ov sorted out for you - such a bloodly nightmare.

Well I feel really depressed again - i think this happened the same time last month too (the week after Ov) - I just feel like it hasnt worked again and Im thinking about giving up but then I think no keep going - i just dont know how long I can carry on like this. I was thinking back and I went of the BCP after my wedding in 2006, the start of 2007 we were NTNP, the end of 2007 we were more aware of trying, then 2008, 2009 and now 2010 we are actively trying - thats technically nearly 4 years even though I just say we've been actively trying for 27 months... Its just so bloody long - i cant take it anymore. But I know by the weekend or next week I'll be over this wee depression and feel ok again... bloody hormones! :growlmad:

Im 4 or 5 DPO at the moment - not sure cos the OPks were positive for 3 days... maybe I didnt even Ov this month. Fecking sucks!

Anyway rant over and done with - i feel better now... kind of!

hey all - temps down again this morning although i didn't sleep too well. am giving up this cycle.....had enough sex to conceive several times over, got a uti, got thrush as a result of the the antibiotics, still no clear sign of ov so - as far as i'm concerned at cd33 i'm out. i prob wont have a period so will have to hang on for ov next month. i was really upset by it all but i have no choice except to come to terms with it and move on!

thanks for being lovely and keeping me sane(ish) these past few days. onwards and upwards as they say....and good luck to everyone else in theri 2ww.

p.s. this is me taking lots of notice of my body :ignore:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"