The Really Useful TCM Thread

Thanks for the well wishes ladies- Ill let you know how Tuesdays Acu goes and what pills he puts me on (blerrgghh- but worth it!) I have my second set of bloods tomorrow- v. nervous.

Sending you lots of love and luck :dust:

Ooh, forgot to write up friday's acu.

Qing was very positive again. Pleased I'd got the ball rolling with CD21 bleed test and my OH's visit to GP.
She asked about my nasal mucous and when I told her again it's just a bit of noseblowing som emornings now, she ws pretty convinced that makes it hayfever. Hoorah! The bite marks on teh side of my tongue seem to be disappearing fast, too. Huzzar!
Lying on my front, I had needles in my back (after she did some really hard pinching she sometimes does up my spine) and the usual 2 in my scalp. Some of the ones in my upper back were for hayfever. SOme heat on my back and....relaxed hugely. Wow.

Lying on my back, I had some in my legs, and on ebriefly in my abdomen but couldn't really feel it so I ended up with 2 in my thumb skinflaps instead and ...hugely relaxed again under some mild heat - appparently it's the 2nd week after ov that you dont' use heat on the abdomen (took me a while to work that out becasue it's not been often I've got that far!).

It's definitley when, not if, now - and she reiterated that the tests are just to give her a better idea of exactly what tweaking to do. I'm 9dpo today and at that stage where I'm on knicker watch whilst at the same time thinking... dare I hope (which is usually when the witch shows her stupid, laughing face...). The world and all her mates seem to have fallen pregnant on here this week - amazing...

Hope everybody has a great week.
Abi x

Hellooo! Anybody there?
CD1 today... on the upside, it couldn't have happened on a better day as I have the car today and have been to get some soy isoflavones (100mg caps). Will start them tomorrow and take them CD2-6. Let's hope this helps to bring ov forward...
I'm seeing the practice nurse at my doctor's surgery tomorrow, as requested, and will ask her if she can do my CD2 bloods at the same time - otherwise I'll need to have the car on thurs to go to the general hospital abf get it done there - they have blood test appts at my surgery but when I tried to book for my CD21 the week before lst the 1st appt they had available would have been tomorrow - somehow i think trying to get an appointment this week might be an impossibility! My OH rang this morning to make an appointment for his SA - an dhad tp leave an answerphone message. Hopefully they've got back to him today.
Laters,
Abi x

Hi Abi, damn af showing up :hugs:. Really hope the soy isoflavones help you to O ealrier. Have you got the results of your day 21 blood test back yet?
Oh it just sux but at least your armed for the next cycle. It's just got to be around the corner for you.

I'm on cd 5 and taking a different herbal tea brew this time. Normally I have nothing over af but this cycle Adam gave me a brew to clear me out and really build up my lining. Then tomorrow I start on a new brew that is for both my Kidney essense and to really build up my Spleen. Before it was more for my Kidneys. I've also started taking spirulina for the first half of my cycle.

Hi daydream_mum

I see you started taking Spirulina. I've been taking 6 pills/day for several months now at the recommendation of my acupuncturist. Just curious why you'll only be taking them for the first half of your cycle? I've been taking mine all cycle long so want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. Thanks!!

Hi Bernina, I'll ask Adam on Friday whether he wants me to take it all cycle long? I may have misunderstood him last time but I was sure he said Spirulina would be great to take to before ovulation but maybe he meant to take it all the time. I had a quick read up on it and it sounds like great stuff!

Thanks so much! Looking forward to hearing what he has to say.

I was going to ask the same as Bernina - have been taking spirulina daily for a few months now (found a high-strength one so I didn't need to mess about taking 2 before meals, 3 times a day!).

Started the soy isoflavones today (100mg) - am going to take them cd2-6 and hope to see results - will obviously let everybody know. Soy iso, maca, spirulina, wheatgrass, pregnacare conception, omega 369 plus the chinese tablets for my kidney yang & spleen - anybody hear me rattling? I'm sure I can hear a few of you!

Oh... I went to see the practice nurse today and got there 24 hours late. :dohh: Bugger. Felt like a right idiot! Actually I felt really crappy, after getting really upset last night, but feeling much better now.

ads
we could play percussion together- i am taking all tha except the wheatgrass- i really can't manage it! I am starting soy with my af its due on sat and i am taking day 6-9 to increase egg quality hope it works for both of us xx

morning ladies - im back from my hols (boo hoo).

Minimin - congrats - hope it all goes smoothly for you. :thumbup:

Well I got a kidney/urinary infection on Tuesday night and I have been in agony since. Peeing blood last night and again this am so i have to collect antibiotics after lunch today. Such a nightmare cos sunday is Ov day and I know I said I was just gonna forget about the whole TTC thing for the next few months - well we all know thats easier said than done. So dont know what kind of effect these antibiotics will have on me and if it will disrupt Ov or if its bad to TTC while taking them etc. And I cant even DTD anyway cos its too painful. Bloody nightmare.

Hi ladies. Sadly I lost my little Bean on Monday :cry: Feeling exhausted and all cried out but am determined not to sink into the depths of depression.

Have booked a session with my new accu/reflex lady for tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to have at least one session weekly over the next couple of months to try and bring my body back into balance. Going to take time for me before even contemplating going back to FS...I need to overcome the fear that this could happen again.

Will read back over the last few pages when I get a chance to catch up on where everyone's at:hugs:

Fitzy I am so sorry to hear that :hugs: . Take care of yourself over the next few weeks. :hugs:

reba
thats exactly what happened to me last month-didn't seen to effect ov as i still got a positive and at the usual time so hopefully all will be ok- my af due sat and have spent the day in bed with really bad cramps and headache-it seems to be going back to the way it was when i was younger-cathy said thats good-younger hormones etc but its bloody hard to live with!! on countdown to ivf drugs start 15th aug but still have one more month to try fingers crossed xx

Reba, sorry that you're not feeling well. The antibiotics are definitely more important, even if they did effect your O. I can tell you from my experience that they didn't impact my ovulation at all. Have they given you anything for the pain? I know here in the states there is an over the counter drug called Uristat that gives great relief from bladder infections (never had a kidney infection so not sure if they are the same). It turns your pee bright neon orange, but it's totally worth it. It's made by the same company that makes the yeast infection meds (Monistat) and is sold in the drug store in the same location. Dr can also give you a script for something similar.

:hugs: I hope you're feeling better soon!!

Reba, sorry that you're not feeling well. The antibiotics are definitely more important, even if they did effect your O. I can tell you from my experience that they didn't impact my ovulation at all. Have they given you anything for the pain? I know here in the states there is an over the counter drug called Uristat that gives great relief from bladder infections (never had a kidney infection so not sure if they are the same). It turns your pee bright neon orange, but it's totally worth it. It's made by the same company that makes the yeast infection meds (Monistat) and is sold in the drug store in the same location. Dr can also give you a script for something similar.

:hugs: I hope you're feeling better soon!!

Thanks Bernina - I must see if I can get that in the pharmacy over here - i have heard of it. The pain has subsided now thank god so the antibiotics must be working - or the galons of Cranberry juice im drinking.

Hopefully Ov wont be affected - i'm more worried about any effects if I was lucky enough to catch the egg this month - im sure the baby would be fine but you cant help but worry about any long term effects seen as the antibiotic im taking is the one they tell you to avoid in the first Tri of pregnancy!

reba
thats exactly what happened to me last month-didn't seen to effect ov as i still got a positive and at the usual time so hopefully all will be ok- my af due sat and have spent the day in bed with really bad cramps and headache-it seems to be going back to the way it was when i was younger-cathy said thats good-younger hormones etc but its bloody hard to live with!! on countdown to ivf drugs start 15th aug but still have one more month to try fingers crossed xx

Hey Glitter, thanks - hopefully no effects on Ov and hopefully no yeast infection too (antibiotics can cause it cant they - im drinking actimel to try to counter act any effects).

Thats good the hormones are younger - hope you get good news on Sat and AF doesnt show for at least 9 months!!! :thumbup:

Fitzy :hugs: I am so sorry hun. Lots of love and hugs.

Minimin

Hi all,

Fitzy I am so sorry to hear your little bean couldn't stay. :hugs2: and do whatever you have to, to feel better.

Reba, ouch peeing blood! I've never had that. I would freak. Glad the antibiotics seem to be doing their thing and you sound prepared so you don't get a yeast infection. Thats the worst about TTC you feel you constantly have to almost treat your body like your pregnant just in case.

Glitter, I'll cross everything that you get your BFP before starting IVF. Hopefully those younger hormones do their thing!

Bernina & Abi, I asked Adam about the spirulina today and he said that it is great before Ov because it is a great boost and contains many great things but it is more yin in nature and because of my constitution (his words lol) that I am better to concentrate on more yang foods after Ov, but he did say he doubted Spirulina would do any harm to take all the time. Oh and I have tablets and he said powder or liquid is absorbed better and to drink some ginger tea after my tablets. So there you go I doubt it's bad for you to take at all it's just I am yang defiecient and he doesn't want me on too much yin supplements.

ok my appointment today: (sorri if it's too long) this is good for me to write incase I forget. Adam is very happy with me and actually said my pulse was really good today, I've never had that comment. My tongue still has a bit of a mucousy coating but no where as bad so still spleen and damp there. No teeth marks anymore yay! i got cupping done today and he realigned all my spine as it was way out. I feel heaps better after that but am covered in big purple spots. Glad I'm not taking ds swimming tomorrow.
Dh came today as he had a lot of abnormal sperm in his test and Adam was asking him all the usual questions and took his pulse all while I was half asleep with the cupping. Then he looked at dh's tongue and I could hear that Adam saw the problem there. He said all was looking ok till he saw the tongue. Dh has a crack all through the centre of his tongue and it's patchy and red which indicated excess heat and liver toxicity. Dh doesn't even drink. Adam thinks it's related to his job (welder) so dh has to wear boxer shorts and has a liver detox with herbs for the next two weeks and then herbs to boost his kidney essence.
Adam really wants both of us to do yoga together but I highly doubt I will get dh to do yoga lol! The herbs are pushing it. Dh was actually quite impressed though and it was nice to share this together. Adam thinks it will happen so I'll keep with that. I'm just really hoping it happens before the lap/dye/curette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->