The tax credits change 16hrs to 24hrs min

I don't think people are focusing on doom and gloom there are a lot of factors people are thinking about :shrug:

Thanks smokey, I think people just prefer to focus on how terrible everything will be, rather than just finding a way to make it work.

I think your putting words into peoples mouths, I know for one I haven't said that its your fault :shrug: I just think it shouldn't change, its going to make a lot of families worse off and to be honest it seems like a plan David Cameron has in mind. I'd like to see them live like normal people do, trying to provide for their family. There is a lot of things that come with doing small jobs like cutting peoples grass like having insurance, being self employed, being able to do those things. It isn't as easy as just popping out a lawn mower and cutting someone's grass or going into someone's home and cleaning.

But we cannot change that it is happening. We just can't.

We can focus on the things we can do to make life bearable, or complain about things we cannot change.

And you don't need insurance to be a cleaner or cut grass, it's reccomended but it's not essential, certainly not on a casual, few hours a week basis.

In the past if I have ever needed to make up extra hours or money (my job is the type where one week I could be doing 40 hours but the next only 8) I have delivered local papers and yellow pages, scrubed toilets, stuffed envelopes (that was the worst one, so boring and all the paper cuts) handed out leaflets.
I know its not always simple and im not saying its the case here but often people are just simply too proud to do what is needed

It may not be compulsory but some might not want to do it without this. Not everybody takes risks. Unfortunately its not black and white. There are factors that people take into it. I'm pointing out that just because it is 4 hours doesn't make that simple.

But thats not everybody. Yes some are just too proud i'd be honest I wouldn't scrub anyones toilet, but all those jobs to earn you extra money need to be declared, all paperwork regarding needs to be kept for your tax return so it just isn't as easy as it sounds.

It may not be compulsory but ifsome might not want to do it without this. Not everybody takes risks. Unfortunately its not black and white. There are factors that people take into it. I'm pointing out that just because it is 4 hours doesn't make that simple.

But thats not everybody. Yes some are just too proud i'd be honest I wouldn't scrub anyones toilet, but all those jobs to earn you extra money need to be declared, all paperwork regarding needs to be kept for your tax return so it just isn't as easy as it sounds.

Sorry im confused about whats so hard about keeping a few reciepts, not being picky I just dont see how keeping a few peices of paper makes it all seem impossible

I can see there are lots of things people aren't prepared to do ;)

Nobody here has created these changes, are they 'fairer' than a system where by a person working sixteen hours a week is given the same benefits as someone working 30 hours a week? I believe it is actually.

There are ways to bump your hours up, does volunteering count does anyone know? Would be great if it did...

Just find a way is my advice, don't worry about what you cannot change, the time for that has passed unfortunately :( not enough people bother to protest to make a difference, and then stuff happens and we can complain and make excuses why it won't possibly work, but we will get by x

I agree with Feeble and smokey there are so many things people can do to bump up their hours. I think a large amount of people just like a good moan and expect something for nothing. I'm lucky that my hubby works full time but as a family of 6 affording luxuries like a holiday is hard so i do other peoples ironing i put an advert in all the local shops and make about £30 a week for about 4 hours work its not a lot but pays for our family holiday ok its usually camping but we wouldn't be able to even afford that without me doing something to bring in some extra cash. Filling in my tax return was a pain but easily doable i just have a big box that all my reciepts go in.

Love camping holidays!

There is someone quite ironic about a person willing to receive benefits, who is not prepared to scrub a loo/do odd jobs etc

Feel free to scrub a loo then lol..

By the way I worked from the day I left school until I was made redundant. Just for the record, for you up there on your high horse :)

I love it when you see underhand digs.

Whilst at first I disagree in a lot ways with feebles comments, I can see her point,
To be told by the JC looking for 4 extra hours is pointless to my says a lot!!
Its not just 4 hours for some it may be 8, so between 8 and even 1 hr must be found from some were! 8hrs may be easier, a dinner ladys job for example, its less then the 4 that could be a struggle, cleaning a loo is fine, but what if after a few weeks your no longer required, then you have to look for another job, in the meantime you may be below the 24 hrs which wrecks your wtc!
its about security more then anything for me, hence the route we are going to go down :)

I will never understand why people won't do whatever is needed to make ends meet. Surely that is just what you do?

I also hate people feeling they are above a job or that they are too proud to do a certain job.Firstly how demeaning to all the people who do those jobs. All sorts of jobs make our world go round. Without someone cleaning loos, sweeping streets, etc then the world we live our day to day life in would be a far less pleasant one. In my book if you are working then that should bring respect, regardless of what the job is. When DH was about to be made redundant last year he immediately looked for something else and would have done any job as long as it brought in money. He is educated to post grad level and is chartered but would quite happily have gone out to any job which brought in the money to feed our family. Surely that is the definition of proud rather than the negative one of being too proud to do something?

Who here said they are not willing to scrub a loo :shrug:

All people have been saying is that it's not as easy as your making it out to be:dohh:

You stated your opinion and they replied to that what's wrong with that, just because they've disputed it......

I'm sure if it was as easy as your making it out tobe most people would do that:shrug:

Oh and I'm not on benefits.... But if I had to scrub a loo to help my family I would thank you :rolleyes:

I will never understand why people won't do whatever is needed to make ends meet. Surely that is just what you do?

I also hate people feeling they are above a job or that they are too proud to do a certain job.Firstly how demeaning to all the people who do those jobs. All sorts of jobs make our world go round. Without someone cleaning loos, sweeping streets, etc then the world we live our day to day life in would be a far less pleasant one. In my book if you are working then that should bring respect, regardless of what the job is. When DH was about to be made redundant last year he immediately looked for something else and would have done any job as long as it brought in money. He is educated to post grad level and is chartered but would quite happily have gone out to any job which brought in the money to feed our family. Surely that is the definition of proud rather than the negative one of being too proud to do something?

^^WSS

Although I am shocked at the whole a couple only needing to work 24 hours between them! :wacko: Right now my husband is working over 50 hours! so 24 hours between two people doesn't sound a lot to me.

I am not saying its easy to get a job, BUT I have never failed to get one when I needed one, perhaps people need more education in how to fill out applications and how to conduct themselves in interviews, and i realise its disappointing to not get accepted for a job which would be perfect, but there are jobs, IF you are prepared to do anything.

People need to take responsibility for their families and not expect the gov to pay for them. I realise its a huge shock to suddenly have to go from 16 hours to 24, and i realise that there is some circumstances why parents do so little hours between them, but the country cant afford for people not to be working or working so little, i feel sorry for those who are genuinely trying and have lost jobs, I hope your able to find something that works, but otherwise what the heck is wrong with ONE person working 24 hours? If it were me I would expect at least one person to work full time or both work up to 37 hours (which is full time) between them.

And why when people seem to mention those on benefits do they bringing up "scrubbing loos" what about those who do this for a living ? You make it sound like its such a terrible thing!

Whilst at first I disagree in a lot ways with feebles comments, I can see her point,
To be told by the JC looking for 4 extra hours is pointless to my says a lot!!
Its not just 4 hours for some it may be 8, so between 8 and even 1 hr must be found from some were! 8hrs may be easier, a dinner ladys job for example, its less then the 4 that could be a struggle, cleaning a loo is fine, but what if after a few weeks your no longer required, then you have to look for another job, in the meantime you may be below the 24 hrs which wrecks your wtc!
its about security more then anything for me, hence the route we are going to go down :)

But no job is 100% secure weither you scrub loos or are banker, its part of lifes chances

^^WSS

Although I am shocked at the whole a couple only needing to work 24 hours between them! :wacko: Right now my husband is working over 50 hours! so 24 hours between two people doesn't sound a lot to me.

I am not saying its easy to get a job, BUT I have never failed to get one when I needed one, perhaps people need more education in how to fill out applications and how to conduct themselves in interviews, and i realise its disappointing to not get accepted for a job which would be perfect, but there are jobs, IF you are prepared to do anything.

People need to take responsibility for their families and not expect the gov to pay for them. I realise its a huge shock to suddenly have to go from 16 hours to 24, and i realise that there is some circumstances why parents do so little hours between them, but the country cant afford for people not to be working or working so little, i feel sorry for those who are genuinely trying and have lost jobs, I hope your able to find something that works, but otherwise what the heck is wrong with ONE person working 24 hours? If it were me I would expect at least one person to work full time or both work up to 37 hours (which is full time) between them.

Also don't think that 24 hours between 2 people is not a lot.... Oh works 45 sometimes more hours and when I go back I'll be doing only 12 because I want Isabelle to see at least one of us.

I can understand saying there are jobs but the jobs have to fit in around their family, childcare etc which most of them jobs may not be possible x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->