The tax credits change 16hrs to 24hrs min

And why when people seem to mention those on benefits do they bringing up "scrubbing loos" what about those who do this for a living ? You make it sound like its such a terrible thing!

I was the one who brought it up and the point I was making is I do it to make up the differance in hours, how can I be belittling a job I do myself.
The point being do whatever it takes rather then do nothing

And why when people seem to mention those on benefits do they bringing up "scrubbing loos" what about those who do this for a living ? You make it sound like its such a terrible thing!

It was a comment Laura made

Edit, sorry it was a commented smokey made and Laura took exception to,
I have scrubbed loos for a living along with other cleaning jobs and I must say, they were easy compared to the horrors of cold calling (shudder)

I see nothing wrong with it

The irony of this thread is I just got a call from work saying come in now if you want a few extra hours today so now I have to run around like a loon to get ready and my uniform is still in the wash

hypothetically speaking if you had a couple currently working 16 hours per week between them and the work is available and they are willing (both needed here!) then this is how i see it working:

Monday: mum goes out to work for 8 hours while dad looks after children
Tuesday: dad goes out to work for 8 hours while mum looks after children

Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday - neither parent works.

that's 52 weeks of the year so 260 days per year where 2 adults are not working....

I find it hard to believe that with all that time on your hands that between those two people they cant find 8 hours between them to get some kind of wage. agree it may mean doing anything but then thats what being a parent is about right? doing whatever it takes to provide for your child.

in 260 days i could write out hand written leaflets and deliver them offering my services to my neighbours/ put notices in local shops/ centres etc

if i wanted/needed the additional money from the government enough then thats what i'd do.

yes the opportunities are few and far between nowdays but the perfect job (i.e perfect money/ hours/ commute etc) isnt going to land on anyones lap whether they're in professional middle management on a great wage or working for minimum wage.

Feel free to scrub a loo then lol..

Dont worry I will, pride isnt about what you do, providing for my family gives me pride

Get you!

I worked from the day I left school until October when I was made redundant so lets not act like your a superwoman now.
I never had the perfect job it wasn't something that was my passion but I did it and I would of continued but they gave me a redundancy so I had no choice but to take it. I'm at home until April when I plan to look for another job as that is when my children will be in school.

Guys I don't think anyone needs to comment on individual circumstances here, unless it's someone needing support about how to juggle things...

Well thats what Smokey's dig was about because she goes to work and I am currently at home.....

She isn't the first person to provide for their family...

No body is suggesting she is, look you have got each others backs up a bit because you both feel very differently about something, smokey probably feels (as I do) that you are a bit 'negative nancy' about the idea of finding a bit of fill in work and have rather jumped on the 'attack' bandwagon on this thread rather than find ways around what is a very real and impending problem for many people.

Of course if you suggest that no one can get by, people will suggest how THEY get by, because rather than suggesting what you think people could do to help themselves, you have just rubbished us.

Which can be a bit hard to deal with.

P.s I dont think smokey has spent any time thinking about how you do things, she's just talked about her own situation and how it works...

I haven't suggested nobody can get by... Lol. What a joke.. Your very good at putting words in peoples mouths. I am saying that for those extra 4 hours people have to do things such as tax returns so its not as easy as you say it is or that your implying it is. I have never said once that it cant be done or that people shouldn't do it I am just saying its not easy quite like you make it out to be

It's not easy when you have kids to do all odd jobs and have to drive from here there and everywhere...

We are talking about minimal work here, if your oh isn't working more than 16/18 hours a week, how on earth is childcare a problem? It doesn't take 2 parents at home 90% of the time to look after a child!

And to the contrary Laura, I have been nothing but diplomatic in light of yours (and others) rude and aggressive attitude!

What's harder, filling in a tax form once a year? Or living without extra tax credits? What's going to hurt more, fitting in hours around your oh and doing whatever you can, or not having that additional help?

You speak as if there is some magic third option which we are too stupid to have thought of, if that is the case I beg you to tell us what it is, it might really help people. But if ALL you can do is put people down, I do not see how that is helping anyone.

But obviously people wont have a choice but to fill in a tax return so that point is quite frankly pointless! Lol.

And why is it that everyone has to always act like people have been rude and aggressive lol. Your on a forum, if your reading the posts as rude or aggressive then thats your business, yeah thats probably me being rude - I don't really care.

And I don't have an OH - I am a single parent so the changes wouldn't affect me but it would affect a people I know.

As for childcare not if you was working at the same time, not everything can be done of an evening or through the night..

I dont think there is a third magic option I think the current situation doesn't need changing, they have already done a lot to the way tax credits are paid.

I don't think I am the only one reading your posts as negative Laura, smokey has said as much.

Again if you have no way to help people, why are you so insistant on putting me and others down? How is that benefiting you?

Are you reading what your writing? I'm not putting you down. So far you have mentioned that we are being rude and aggressive like we are bullies. :wacko: because we have an opinion.. Honestly, because people aren't allowed to say what they think? lol. This isn't about helping people this is about the changes to tax credits so we don't have the same opinion - I must be a bully :dohh:

Laura, I have absolutely no inclination to fight with you, it's just not something I am prepared to do. If you are not prepared to discuss the problems this thread is about and your main aim is to say things like

"stop putting words in my mouth"

And

"your a bit full of it"

Or whatever, I really have no more time for you x

Dont worry I will, pride isnt about what you do, providing for my family gives me pride

Get you!

I worked from the day I left school until October when I was made redundant so lets not act like your a superwoman now.
I never had the perfect job it wasn't something that was my passion but I did it and I would of continued but they gave me a redundancy so I had no choice but to take it. I'm at home until April when I plan to look for another job as that is when my children will be in school.

If you hadnt of said it in a way that implied you do it them but its beneath me then I wouldnt have replied the way I did

Your a bit full of it? Lol PLEASE go back and find where I said that..

Please do, I apologise now if I said that but if I didn't say that clearly the first point you made about me stands, you put words into peoples mouths. Which I believe you do.

Anyway I don't personally want to fight with you cos I have no interest, here I am stating my point, I'll be back once you quote the post I said that comment on..

:thumbup:

Get you!

If you hadnt of said it in a way that implied you do it them but its beneath me then I wouldnt have replied the way I did

Take it how you wish, like I said your not the only person to work.

Laura, for the very very last time, I have absolutely NO WISH to discuss anything on this thread that is not to do with tax credits

Sorry, not playing silly games I really can't be arsed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->