The Tucker's Adoption Journey

Hi all
We finally have good news! Sw emailed us today, match meeting is organised for next week and match panel for end of October! Only delayed by 9 days! So relieved

Aw so pleased its all going well for you guys and that you haven't been delayed by too much dream! It's so real for you!

We've finished prep groups and just waiting to move on to stage 2 for the homestudy. Called up yesterday and they are waiting on a reference from DSs health visitor, who are being slow getting back to them! Grrr! The LA are being really good though at chasing up, so I have confidence in them to push it through!

I really want to know who are allocated SW is and get cracking!

Awesome, dream!! So glad you weren't set back too much!

Srb, it does seem like a lot of waiting, doesn't it??

Someone in our area just got placed with 3 siblings: a 3 year old boy, 2 year old girl, and 2 day old boy. :shock: I wouldn't even know how to handle that!!

Hi all, glad to see things are moving. Fingers crossed for your meeting next week bean.

Intros are going so well. The FC is great and from day 2 has let us do everything. Today (day 3) we took her out on our own for 4 hours! She is a delight and didn't bother with anything.

Tomorrow Ds meets her and I cannot wait!!

Aww so glad it's going well Hun!! I'm so excited about E meeting P so can understand just how excited you must be :cloud9: our son was an absolute delight for intros too and we convinced ourselves that he'd struggle when he moved but he took it all in his stride! X

She is home!!!
Parenting 2 and keeping the house an acceptable state is not going to happen! HAHA.

Whoop! Biggest congratulations Hun! Can't wait til we have our girl home :)
Match meeting with fc and Sw's is happening tomorrow. Hope it goes well this time!!!

Will do Hun! Really hope your little lady settles ok and your son is adapting well.
Any tips will be gratefully received 😉 Xxx

Congratulations hun!! Hope all the settling in goes smoothly - not that you're going to have any time to update us ! :haha:

Brilliant news!

And we officially completed our Stage 1 and got our SW allocated to us today! :D

Missk, I hope your baby girl is settling in well!! And you're right, keeping a clean house is very difficult with 2 young ones!

Dream, so exciting!! The 27th isn't far off at all!

Srb, awesome about getting your sw! That's when it becomes all too real!

So today marks 4 weeks we've had fd and I think after another month I'm going to approach our cw about getting us a baby or another kid for a more permanent situation. They're trying to get fd to her dad by November so the timing would be perfect!

How's it going with your two Hun? Do they get on?
Yeah that would be perfect timing! Fingers crossed x

OOO, it all sounds exciting on here!

We have had a mixed week so far. Started great, slept through 2nd night and has been very relaxed.
Today is lo birthday so MIL asked if she could drop off some cards last night. DH said yes but you cannot stay and do not interact with her. So she walks in (with his dad in tow!) and sits down on the couch saying hello to her! FFS!
Anyway, lo started screaming and we asked them to leave.
I am not impressed. I told DH before she even arrived that she would use birthdays to see her before we were ready.

So last night she was really unsettled, up for over an hour before we got her back to sleep.
Lesson learnt. Need to be more forceful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->