The Tucker's Adoption Journey

Oh my goodness! That is awful!! What will happen now Hun? Such a shame!

They pretty much start again. They have been put on panel for December and the manage of the team is doing their assessment herself.

Hi lovely!
I'm ok thanks Hun :) finding it tough to concentrate on much but otherwise ok! Lol. Trying to get everything sorted in the house and prepare as much as we can for xmas before we meet little lady!
E is super excited to meet his sister! We bought him a fabric photo album and he takes it everywhere! It's even been to bed with him on a few occasions! Ha ha!
How are things your end??xxx

Aww that is so sweet. Things are good here. DS keeps saying how much he loves DD - and in the next breath shouting at her for pinching his toy :haha:
DD has started to self settle some nights which is great. She is very smiley but still having a few wobbly moments. We are seeing her FC next week.

Oh how sweet! How long has little lady been home now? Weeks just merge into each other! Lol

I think we are coming to the end of week 5. They really do merge! The only reason I know what day it is, is because I take DS to nursery 3 days a week!

Ha ha! E goes every morning so I'll be in trouble! :haha:
Gosh that's flown by!

It has gone by fast. Feels like she has been here for ages!

E must be very excited!

He's super excited, as are we!
Can't believe I have 3 days left at work and then I'm done! Eek! It still doesn't really feel real at the moment! X

Congrats Dreamofabean!!

I just seen on a blog that one of waiting couples have been on the list for 2.5. And I was on the agency page and they have only placed 31 babies so far this year. So I'm kind of questioning with I made the right decision with picking adoption over IVF. I wish it wasn't such a hard road.

Ah Hun how frustrating, it's so hard waiting isn't it?
We have friends who also live in U.K. But a different area and they waited almost 2 years for a match, they were despairing. On Monday they also meet their 7 month old daughter! So excited for them, their perseverance paid off! Yours will too sweetie x

It sure was!!
Oh my goodness, little miss P is just amazing! We were in awe of how confident she is, she approached us within a couple of minutes and quickly engaged in play with us. By the end of the 2 hours she was sitting on laps, playing with my hair and gave us kisses as we left :cloud9:
She's a little whirlwind, constantly on the move but is so happy. She giggled continuously and has the cheekiest little face! She's just amazing xxx

Yay so exciting Dream!! When does she go home with you?

I know it will happen, seeing people post that they have been waiting for so long makes me worried. I just really hope that my husband and myself being early 30's and no kids will make a difference in us getting picked faster.

I seen on news they are having a 3 part segment on open adoption I hope that if there is more awareness out there the number of babies placed will go up.

All being well, she will come home next Monday :)
It will happen hun, have faith!! X

Oh how exciting!! I'm super excited for you! Having had you two go through and getting a match so quickly really does give me hope - I also know people who are waiting for a long time for a match which must be so difficult as most people who come to adoption will have already had some kind of journey to get to that point.

We are progressing well with our homestudy. 2 more sessions booked in for next week, then I *think* that is it for our home visits - after that, our SW will be following up on our references with their interviews etc and writing up our report.

We are aiming for panel in Feb (most likely the 2nd Monday in Feb so the 13th) - we potentially have the option of January but that is super busy for OH at work so we've said to SW to not push ahead for Jan and just go for Feb. I'm really pleased with how the homestudy is going - its not as scary as I thought it was going to be, in fact I cant really believe we only have 2 sessions left. We also went through and thought about what kind of child we would / wouldn't be willing to accept. In passing, our SW half indicated that we would probably be placed for around the summer time - I'm probably reading too much into it but that would be amazing if it was!

Interestingly, our SW is also going through the process to adopt and is about a month behind us in the process!

How exciting dream!!

Srbjbex things are progressing for you! And wait is sometimes tuff but I have faith that it will happen eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->