The Tucker's Adoption Journey

That's brilliant news - congratulations!

We've had 2/3 prep groups - last one on Tuesday. Hoping they move us straight into the Stage 2 homestudy straightaway!

Missk, how did it go??

Srb, yay for only one more class! Hopefully they move a lot faster than over here through the last bit!

Well, I have told my caseworker no more 2 year olds for now haha! It has been difficult, mainly bc of ds not being nice. She is a sweet little thing but sure knows how to throw tantrums, which is something I never had to deal with from ds. I get to see the "terrible" side of the 2's with her, but still enjoying her stay with us! She eats soooo much, another complete opposite of my never-eats-anything son. But that girly sass of hers is adorable!

She has her first family visit last Monday and it went very well. Both parents were trying their hardest to get all the play time and loving in that they could. Mom wanted to meet me and started crying hugging me, thanking me for taking care of her daughter. It was so very humbling for me!

One of her CASA workers ( a court-appointed advocate) says despite what her caseworker told me about it being a short stay, it's looking like it's going to be quite a while. I don't mind one single bit :D

Hi all. In the middle of preparations this week. I have been batch cooking and cleaning and am shattered!
Friday will be my day of rest and we will also be going to our introductions planning meeting.
Intros start on monday!

How is everyone else doing?

Ahhh I must have read your last post wrong bc for some reason in thought intros started this past Monday! I hope the weekend passes quickly for you!

I've been hit super hard by baby fever and wanting to be pregnant again. Guess it's something that won't ever go away :( ah well, I still have my extra 20lbs of baby weight to lose anyway lol. (2.5 years later....)

It may go away. My period was a few days late this week and started panicking thinking I was pregnant. I would be gutted as we would not be allowed to adopt the little girl we have been matched with.
I am not pregnant but never thought I would feel that way! Maybe I wuld feel broody again in a few years.

So exciting missk!
Things here are blah :(
They had match meeting on Monday and the fc is struggling with her moving on. Don't know what went on but they ended up postponing the meeting. Up until yesterday we didn't know if the link was still secure or not :cry:
We are back on but the match meeting isn't for 2 weeks so we won't make panel in October. Gutted beyond words but relieved we will still be getting our girl! Just waiting for a new panel date now x

Arghhhh! We got our introduction schedule yesterday and it is not the gradual introduction I was expecting!
We do 2 hours day one and the 8 hours day 2!
Day 3 we have to be there when she wakes up at 6am! We live an hour away and have to do this about 3 times during the week! :cry:
It's a bit drawn out and they were saying they didn't think we needed so long (mon-mon) but couldn't cut it shorter because they don't work weekends and have to be there when she leaves the foster carer.
It is about to become very very real!!

So exciting missk!
They had match meeting on Monday and the fc is struggling with her moving on. Don't know what went on but they ended up postponing the meeting. Up until yesterday we didn't know if the link was still secure or not :cry:
We are back on but the match meeting isn't for 2 weeks so we won't make panel in October. Gutted beyond words but relieved we will still be getting our girl! Just waiting for a new panel date now x

Sorry to hear this. I understand that FC is struggling but surely this is about the child and what is best for her?

You'd think so wouldn't you?! Because the cancelled the match meeting panel reports have to be submitted this Tuesday and none of the paperwork is done :(
That's how our intros were! It's crazy busy! I'm dreading it this time with E as he struggles with lack of routine!
It's just a week though and trust me, it's exhausting, but it flies! X

Well I cannot see that making a base for building relationships with the foster carer!

DS is not joining us until day 4 and by then most of the visits will be at our house so he will be saved the long journeys on most days.

I am not sure how we will cope being up at half 4 on intros week and then being the parents of 2 children starting from the monday. I am just grateful that DH has plenty of time off work to help me!

I know, I just need to forget about it all. We really want to be able to have a good relationship with her fcs. E's are family to us now. We always wanted the same for her. Time will tell I guess!
It'll be just wonderful Hun! Tiring but amazing! Xx

So exciting missk!

Oh wow, I'd be super frustrated if I was in your position. Fc's know their kids will eventually move on, they (we) are told from the beginning. If they are having hang ups over her moving on to a new family, that's their problem. Why make your family suffer a bit over it? But like you said, you are still getting her and she will be YOUR daughter one day soon!!

Well I cannot see that making a base for building relationships with the foster carer!

DS is not joining us until day 4 and by then most of the visits will be at our house so he will be saved the long journeys on most days.

I am not sure how we will cope being up at half 4 on intros week and then being the parents of 2 children starting from the monday. I am just grateful that DH has plenty of time off work to help me!

Sounds like you will be exhausted, but it will be so worth it!! At least the intros make sure you don't have to dive in blind :)

I've still got baby fever, mainly bc we had a visit with family over the weekend and there were soooo many babies! I'm really hoping our cw finds us a little one for our next case.

I'm sitting here during fd's family visit (2 hours long) and just enjoying the peace and quiet in my van. I'm not going anywhere, just sitting all alone for the first time in 3 weeks. It feels like heaven lol. I might even *gasp* take a nap!!

Hi All,
We had our first visit today and it was so sweet! She fell asleep in my arms after a bottle but she was a bit wary and cried not long before that. She was tired from no nap in the morning.
I can't wait to see her again tomorrow.

Tucker, sounds like there is alot going on - have that rest and enjoy it!

Sent a pic of her to my cousin who was a reference, she text me an bour later saying she had sent it to her dad and close friends??? :Not very comfortable with that at all!

Eek! The memories of today will stay with you forever, I still remember meeting E like it was yesterday!
Grrr I would have huge issues with that too! What is wrong with people really?!
Really hope the week goes well Hun! She'll be home before you know it :cloud9:

I wouldn't have been comfortable with the either....she should have at least asked you first! Glad the first visit went well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->