The wedding from hell! UPDATE!

Argh. I'm never going to be able to afford a wedding!!

Why?...me and OH are having exactly the wedding we want for under £5000.

Just ditch the things you don't actually need and no fecker remembers anyway, like favours, huge cake, matching suits, expensive gifts for the wedding party, loads of bridesmaids in gowns from a bridal shop, too many flowers, £1000's on a dress you wear once [everyone thinks the bride looks fab no matter what) £100's on 'bridal' hair and makeup - get to the salon on the day and tell em you're going to a party!

It just gets silly! Put the words wedding/bridal in front of anything and it gets more expensive.

We're making our own invitations and getting them all done for £60 - trust me they look wayyy better than some professionally printed ones.

Table dec's all from IKEA, 10 tables for £50.

I'm having my niece and nephew walk down the aisle with me - they'll be wearing what ever their Mum can find (a suit and a party frock) and my mate will be wearing something she can wear again so its not wsted money.

My dress came in under the £600 budget we set as I was lucky enough to find in on a sale rail - even after all the alterations to make it fit my growing bump.

We have a lovely venue, sit down 3 course meal, music, decorations, dress, stationary etc all very cheaply...because we CANNOT go over budget.

I understand that you found the 'dress of your dreams' but you are making trouble for yourself by showing no self control what so ever. If you have gone that much over budget on your dress you will have to cut down somewhere else if you are expecting handouts from family to pay for what is mostly just a party.

hey u need a hug! and words of advice my granny gave me wen we got married. "your mum and dad have had their wedding, your sisters wil have their own, so make ur wedding day ur own!"

we had so many rows and disagreements over wat we wanted or didnt want, but now its all over everyone loved it.

for the things u go over budget on you always find a bargain which sort of cancels it out lol

main thing im trying to say is, chin up, enjoy organising it and remember at the end of it ur gonna be married to the one u love :)

i really hope u get all sorted that u want

hugs xx

Im loving your hello kitty theme. Planning my wedding was a nightmare and i found too many people tried to control things. I remember losing it with everyone and just telling them how i felt. Everyone backed off and let me get on with it.

Its all worth it on the day and you just sit and think ive done all this. I made all this happen. I loved getting married. I would do it all again tomorrow. Its the best thing in the world.

Good luck for your big day. It will soon be here. xx

so how's the wedding planning going, cinn? update! :)

there isnt really much to update on its mostly paperwork and entertainment stuff from here on! x x x x

Hope you had the wedding of your dreams and it all went well...
I noticed you said something about tattoo make up, I have a tattoo on my wrist that I want to be covered for the day (for the rest of my life really, I hate it!) and I have been told a little bit about this but not a lot, can you elebarate for me please hun?! xx

yeah you can get it off ebay and most tanning studios/wedding dress shops will point you in the right direction thats all i can say hun. i never used the make up in the end as you can see in my profile pic x x x x

Cinn hun..... thinking about you and your bean. Also when are you going to post some of your lovely wedding pics!!!

hahahaaa i don't know, i suppose when i wake up lol i am soooo tired recently i will do it this or next week i have been meaning to do it x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->