~The Weight Diary~

Paxton

Mum + Wife-to-be
Reaction score
What's Going On

So, I'm super eager to start my weight loss journal, but I can't do it until after I give birth. So I figure, it might be neat to start just recording what I eat and approx. how many calories, just so I can compare how many calories I normally consume, to how many calories I consume when trying to lose weight.

Calculations

Current Weight
(39+1 weeks preg): 201.8 lbs
(39+6 weeks preg): 205 lbs

Before I Got Pregnant: approx. 159lbs

Goal Weight: 125lbs, by the time of my wedding in May 2010 :cloud9:

Challenges:
1) I'm a picky eater. 2) Money is an issue, most of the time we're eating whatever we can afford. Which means by the time we get food, I wouldn't care if it had a trillion calories in it, it's food and I'm freakin' hungry. 3) DH works at Mcdonald's and therefore he gets a 50% discount and sometimes even gets food for free o_o 4) Growing up, I was either eating fast food, or starving, as my female caretaker had the attitude of "You eat what I cook or you go hungry" and she had a habit of cooking things I refused to eat.

Plan:
Calorie Counting. And excercise, at least one walk a week, hopefully up to the lake, which is supposed to be about 40min, one way. As I progress in weight loss, I'll increase the excercise, probably to include a fitness DVD I've done before called "Carmen Electra's Fit to Strip", which was brilliant.

Statistics

After the child is born and I start to do the "loosing weight" part of the process, I'll get a tape measure and fill this all in, in inches. I'll re-measure once every two months:

Starting Measurements:

Waist:
Hips:
Bust:
Thighs (L): (R):
Upper Arm (L): (R):
Neck (out of curiosity):

Two Months In:

Waist:
Hips:
Bust:
Thighs (L): (R):
Upper Arm (L): (R):
Neck:

Huzzah!
Let the craziness begin...

1)

Today is one of those days where we have basically no food in the house and I'm eating whatever I can cause I'm starved o_o

Half-Bottle of Juice (the powdered kind, that you ad water to): 200 Cal. o_o
Bacon, 4 pieces: 400 Cal.
Half Caesar Salad (from pizza delight): 200 Cal.
Garlic Fingers: approx. 250 Cal.
One Bottle 7up Pop: 320 Cal.

TOTAL: 1370 Cal.
Is that really, really awful?

Notes:
1) WOW, Didn't know my juice was that bad, it's apparently worse for you than pop! 2) Again WOW with the Caesar Salad! You'd think, it's SALAD it's supposed to be good for you, isn't it? Apparently not o_O;; 3) The Bacon is like 100 Cal. for ONE piece. I'm not touching bacon at all once I start trying to lose weight. Either that, or switch to a bacon that's better for you. Low fat? Turkey bacon? This can't be the best there is...

I learned a lot today :)

Most people go on a 2000 Calorie diet; so 1370 calories isn't actually all that bad. I would suggest finding some weightloss tools online, there's one that tells you how many calories you burn per day, just going about doing your normal everyday things. You can use that to figure out how many calories you need to function, and help shave off the extra calories. **I found that calculator thingy.

Try to remember portion control too; you'll typically need more calories in the morning than you will in the evening, etc. If you're eating 1370 calories a day, but you're eating them all in one meal, it'll be less effective because the full stomach effect will leave you feeling bloated and less energized, and you won't have as much energy before eating that meal either.

Also, look into "empty calories" like chocolate bars and sugars, as they mostly just add the fat without giving much in the form of energy, despite being upwards of 100 calories, and calories supposedly being a measurement of energy.

Good luck!

yeh juice is high in calories hun!!

Your diary seems very organised .. unlike mine :rofl:

yeh juice is high in calories hun!!

Your diary seems very organised .. unlike mine :rofl:

Yeh, I'm very anal about things being organized on my computer. But my house is a mess of un-organization :rofl:

Funny thought for the day: DH said that he can't wait until I'm off of this weight loss, calorie counting fit. Cause he doesn't like to know how bad the food he's eating is! xD I'm jealous of the bugger, he's maintaining instead of gaining - he's always just around 190lbs.

Today is still a day where we have basically no food in the house and I'm eating whatever I can cause I'm starved. Which will mostly be leftovers from yesturday's take-out...

Half Caesar Salad (from pizza delight): 200 Cal. (10:30am)
Pizza 1 slice: approx. 200 Cal. (10:30am)
Pizza 1 slice: approx. 200 Cal. (4:40pm)
Bottle of Juice: 400 Cal. (throughout the day at random)
Pizza 1 slice: approx. 200 Cal. (10:44pm)

TOTAL: 1200 Cal.

Stuff doing: Laundry. Yay.

Notes:
1) That's right. I ate pizza and salad for breakfast. Yay for leftovers! It tasted better today for some reason... 2) I'm guessing for the pizza, based on one slice of Hawaiian is 286 Cal., and this is basically hawaiian but with spinach instead of onion and ham. 3) Cannot freaking wait until Thursday so we can get groceries. Looking forward to starving over the next few days as the pizza is all gone now :dohh:

its all bout what you eat not how much ya eat u see. good luck hun xxx

its all bout what you eat not how much ya eat u see. good luck hun xxx

Yes, I think so. Calories aren't everything, right? And some food just doesn't give you the energy you need and you're hungry again really soon, or it just makes you sick.

Today is still a day where we have basically no food in the house and I'm eating whatever I can cause I'm starved. I will try my hardest to stay away from the death-bacon.

Straight Milk, One cup: 130 Cal. (9:10am)
Shredded Coconut, One cup: 160 Cal. (9:10am)
Swanson Turkey Frozen Dinner:440 Cal. (4:51pm)
Bottle of Orange Pop: 130 Cal. (4:51pm)
Big Mac: 540 Cal. (10:51pm)

TOTAL: 1400 Cal.

Stuff doing: Walked from my brother's place to home - about 5 mins, mostly uphill.

Notes:
1) Shredded Coconut :dohh: We got this some weeks ago to put in home-made cookies, I wonder what DH will say about me eating the ingredients... 2) Thank goodness for my Father, giving us money for food, so we can survive until payday! Frozen dinners today, and getting some proper food tomorrow - as DH has to work in 15 min and we needed something fast. 3) DH brought me home a Big Mac <3 He got two of them for free cause he had a perfect til.

Today is a good day. when DH gets up, we're going to the grocery store and I'll be able to get some food.

Chicken Frozen Dinner:500 Cal. (7:06am)
Bottle of V8 Splash:120 Cal. (12:02pm)
Bottle of Green Citrus Iced Tea:110 Cal. (2:34pm)
Turkey Frozen Dinner:440 Cal. (5:45pm)

TOTAL: 1170 Cal.

Stuff doing: Walking, for about two hours with maybe two 15-min breaks in between.

Notes:
1) I'm already tempted to stop and I haven't even started the 'loosing weight' bits of this :dohh: I think I'm really afraid that I'll get to the loosing weight part and then not loose any weight. Epic fear of failure...:cry: 2) Excercise, at 39+4 weeks, I am in a world of pain.

Today is a good day. when DH gets up, he's going properly grocery shopping. I'm so excited I could do a dance... if I could do a dance :p

Precious Precious Bowl of Fruit Loops:170 Cal. (10:02am)
Raspberry Leaf Tea : ???? Cal. (10:02am)
6-Inch Ham Sub (yay Subway): 200 Cal. (approx. 2:00pm)
Bottle of Flavored Water:90 Cal. (4:00pm)
Raspberry Leaf Tea : ???? Cal. (8:30pm)
Frozen Chicken Dinner : 500 Cal. (approx. 9:30pm)

TOTAL: 960 Cal., +Tea

Stuff doing: Walking intermittently over a period of 4 hours, between 2-6pm. At least 3 of these hours were solid walking with a single 3-min bathroom break xP

Notes:
1) My feet don't hurt anymore from yesturday's walking, but my hips and leg joints are so something that I'm walking like a ragdoll penguin :rofl: 2) Proper grocery shopping involving walking from home to the bus terminal, from the bus stop to the superstore and then at least 3 hours around the grocery store to get food and the items from our list. Conclusion? Walking = doom. Food = yay. 3) Tried to get all "healthy" groceries. Apparently, our idea of healthy is a disturbing amount of iced tea, yogurt (upwards of 8 containers - they were on sale <3) and salad.

Today will be a day of healthy things and house-cleaning. Arrrgh.

Cup of Chocolate Soy Milk: 160 Cal. (8:42am)
Three Freezies (10 Cal each): 30 Cal. (8:42am)
Precious Precious Bowl of Fruit Loops: 170 Cal. (2:06pm)
Daytime Breakfast Noms (Egg, Cheese, Death!Bacon on English Muffin): 150-ish Cal. (4:12pm)
Daytime Breakfast Noms: 150-ish Cal. (7:35pm)
A Disturbing Amount of Freezies (I had a craving and lost count): ??? Cal. (7:35pm)

TOTAL: 660 Cal. + Unknown Amount of Freezies

Stuff doing: Not a whole hell of a lot. Mostly stressing and proverbial head-spinning :p

Notes:
1) Got weighed at my Doc appt today - gained about 4 or 5lbs. I'm attributing it to muscle mass for my past bits of walking + baby-related weight - I am 39+6 weeks preg today after all.

Happy Due Date to meee~!

Cup of Chocolate Soy Milk: 160 Cal.
Salad w/Crutons: ?? Cal.
Precious Precious Bowl of Fruit Loops: 170 Cal.
'Happy Due Date' Cake: ?? Cal.
Daytime Breakfast Noms: 150-ish Cal.
A Disturbing Amount of Freezies (craving, craving, craving): ??? Cal.

TOTAL: Arggh, Unknown. I didn't keep track of stuff today.

Stuff doing: Not a whole hell of a lot :p

Notes:
1) DH brought me home surprise cake at dinner time, and I thought, well, I should something healthy before diving into cake. So I ate salad. And the salad made me feel ill, so I couldn't eat cake until about supper time :rofl:

My first day of being overdue. :dohh: Freakin' depressing.

Cup of Lemonaide: 100 Cal. (11:05am)

TOTAL:

Stuff doing:

Notes:
1)Fruit Loops and Choco. Soy Milk are all gone :rofl: I love them, I go through them like insanity.

I fail. I thought I put in yesturdays bits, but I guess I didnt and now I don't remember, and I don't remember what I had today and arrrrgh... Frustrated. I'm going to stop and just redo this journal entirely, fresh thread, fresh start, after the child is born. I'm keeping my goal, I'm still planning to be down to 125lbs by my wedding in May 2010, but right now it's just too much to handle with being overdue, trying to clean, trying to stay happy and just everything.

Overwhelmed. Gah.

:dohh:

*pat pat* poor paxton. You could always just restart your journal here, where you've left off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->