The worst baby names

leahsbabybump

Mummy to 3
Reaction score
Was bored so looked at this online and thought id share i got a few laughs off it lol

https://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/2363...mily/t/harry-pitts-worst-baby-names-all-time/

A girl I know called her baby Mckenzie.

why?

Ah ladies, if I were to tell you some of the name suggestions coming from my in-laws you would probably all go into labour through laughing ... :)

In my baby names book it actually had Peabody for a boy.
Meaning 'having the body of a gnat'
Beautiful. Just beautiful :haha:

lol! some people! i my friends friend called their son ethan dicks, say it fast n it just sounds so so wrong poor child!

A girl I know called her baby Mckenzie.

why?

That's actually really common round here (and by common, I mean common as well as popular *ahem*)

My health visitor told me a wee while after Joe was born that she had just had a baby girl referred to her called Diamond Pearl Jade Ruby Emerald Coral Amethyst, or something - she had seven first names and they were all precious stones. Yikes!

Here in South Africa its rediculous what the native people call their children (their english names). Like, Precious, Beauty, Surprise, Pretty, Gift, Blessing etc.

I just saw some names someone had picked for their baby and I thought to myself...OH POOR child! I wish I could remember them but honestly it was about 4 names all thrown together with a total of 40+ letters. It was like they took every baby name they had liked and just put them all for one baby. And the names didn't even go together at all. Where I use to work we had a lot of people come in with names that would sound normal but be spelled with a ton of double letters and silent letters and (').

Mike Rotch?? Really???!! :dohh: It surprises me how parents are even allowed to name their child some of the names on that list...

:haha:

My dad also sent me a list of unusual first names for the province of Quebec. Some don't work in English, but among my 'favorites' were, for a girl, Nymphodore (I wonder if people called her nympho for short?) and, for a boy, Bozo.

Here in South Africa its rediculous what the native people call their children (their english names). Like, Precious, Beauty, Surprise, Pretty, Gift, Blessing etc.

Nothing to do with what you wrote, I'm afraid, but your cat is GORGEOUS!!! :flower:

My friend swears she knows a Mike Hunt. Even the sentence sounds wrong.

I also forgot this one, a teacher I had who was a nurse had a patient who didn't know much about anything and wanted to name her daughter Chlamydia she thought it was a beautiful name.( my teacher talked her out of it).

I once met a little girl called Destiny Dick... Also my sister taught in a inner London school, two brothers, Gorgeous and Big-Boy. Really!

When we went to register DS, we asked the registrar if they would ever refuse a name.... apparently the only ones they can object to are swear words and really offensive words (I didn't ask what these might be and I won't try and suggest any on here in case people do take offense).

Sure I read a story a few years ago about someone wanting to call their child "bus stop" or "number 57" or something after where it was conceived and weren't allowed - thank goodness!

I always just wonder do the parents not think of the poor child's future? Yes, an odd spelling or a million double and silent letters might look cute on paper, but it gets really old, really fast, having to always spell out your name and then correct them even after you have told them it letter by letter because they STILL get it wrong. I don't even have that odd a name (a double A where there is usually a single) and it's pronounced exactly as it's written, but can anyone get it right first time? No. And even when I spell it, they still write it down wrong. 'No, double A'. 'Double A?' 'Yes. Double A. No, not at the end!'

Oh, just remembered my friend told me she was on the bus the other day and heard a woman shouting on her twin boys - Dolce and Gabbana. :haha:

:) it all reminds me of uncle Fester at the end of The Addams Family Values movie..
'Dementia.. What a beautiful name!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"