the worst feeling. can you ladies give me some tips?

purplecat

Reaction score
Well, i feel bad for being so frusterated as this is only my third month trying (i know some women have been trying a very long time)but af showed up today. I was almoat sure i.was pregnant, of course it was all in my head. This month im going to try all the tips and tricks. Do any of you lovely ladies have any tips for me to try?
This is cycle day #1 and will be the start of our 4th month trying. Anybody in the same boat?

Best of luck! I've been reading "The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant" and it has a lot of good tips and suggestions. That's where all mine would honestly come from. =)

Maybe i should hit up the book store. "impatient" is a great word for what i have been feeling. With my daughter i became pregnant very quickly but this is my firat time actively ttc. Goodluck to you too! And tgank you for your reply

Such a difficult and emotional roller coaster to be on, whether you've been trying for a month or a year. Legs up after sex, limit caffeine to one cup per day, use opks to identify your fertile days, use a Fertility app to help you out, temp if you know how and have the patience to do so. Nothing you haven't heard I'm sure, stay positive and don't let this journey bring you down.:hugs:

Ya its so emotionally exhausting! Its beginning to feel like there is something wrong with me. Maybe im just wanting it so bad that the stress is preventing it from happening. I will try those. I also started taking high potency vitamins to make sure im as healthy as can be. And i have cut back on ciffee. Which is verrrry hard for me lol. Thanks for your reply

I know, unfortunately stressing about it too much can affect your chances, it's annoying when people tell you "try to relax" because it's not in your control when you want something so bad but you really should try to take it easy. My first three cycles with bfn I used to cry so bad, now I'm on cycle 6 and haven't cried or stressed about it too much, Whenever AF shows up I look at it as an oppurtunity to give myself more time to get in better shape physically and financially. I also don't know if your a religious person or not but I firmly believe that when the time is right god will bless us with children.

Good luck, please stay positive. Hope to be reading a BFP announcement from you in the near future.

purplecat, I can relate completely to what you are saying. I am in my second month trying (AF should arrive any day now after a BFN) and I've been really disappointed and frustrated. My DD was an accidental pregnancy, so we have never actively ttc! I never knew how agonizing it can be. I see people on here who have started rounds of clomid and IVF. I have a full appreciate for how strong these women are and what they have had to go through with the waiting. If you want, we can be TTC buddies! Our cycles arent too far off.

purplecat, I can relate completely to what you are saying. I am in my second month trying (AF should arrive any day now after a BFN) and I've been really disappointed and frustrated. My DD was an accidental pregnancy, so we have never actively ttc! I never knew how agonizing it can be. I see people on here who have started rounds of clomid and IVF. I have a full appreciate for how strong these women are and what they have had to go through with the waiting. If you want, we can be TTC buddies! Our cycles arent too far off.

Ugh I know it's really frustrating right?! I think seeing some ladies on here who have been struggling for bfp for months and even years is really inspirational. I need a Ttc buddy! Lol. I'm Krystal by the way. 25 with a little 3 year old girl :)

I always thought I would be one of those people that got pregnant the first month. DH and I are both under the age of 25 and healthy! Well here we are on cycle 5 of trying with not one BFP yet. I too am worried something is wrong.

I've been driving myself crazy and when I realized it had been over 2 years since my last pap smear/pelvic exam, I made an appointment for one because not only was I overdue but I thought if something is wrong, I'd like to know now than after trying for a month.

Most doctors probably will say they won't see you until you've been trying for a year but since I was overdue I'm going about it that way hoping the doctor will check multiple "things" to make sure everything is working right.

You aren't alone!!! :)

Sounds like we are on the same page, Krystal. I'm Amber, 26 with a 2 year old daughter.
Volumeone, I have my yearly exam in February. If im not pregnant then, I will atleast request a horomone panel and a thyroid test (since my thyroid is underactive and I take meds). Ive had low estrogen in the past but I never knew if it was a side effect of the thyroid problem. Those seem like easy problems to solve and I want them checked out. I wish 6 months was the cut off for intervention. They say 82% of people get pregnant by month 6 and only 90-92% by 1 year! I read that to mean a 10% chance for 6 whole months! Why wouldnt you be able to get some answers then, you know?
Still, I do know and have read many people who got pregnant after the 6 month mark so the stats can be deceiving. I truly believe that we will all go on to conceive but the inbetween is frustrating and its good to have others to relate and talk to!

It's really frustrating because I didn't think I would need any kind of fertility treatment to get pregnant but now I'm beginning to think I might. Maybe I just need to be patient. I hope your exam goes well and your thyroid is working properly. Let's hope we all get a bfp by the new year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->