The wrong thing to say to a TTCer! Tell us here ;-)

omg i hate that one too ! my mother in law says it to me .. well you know if you stop trying it will just happenen i know soo meny ppl who that has happened to .

well i cant stop cause thats all i think about !

Silmarien, look at that ticker.
:dust: good luck testing Sunday (if you can wait)
:test:

Thanks, I have been testing, all :bfn: but I only got Implantation bleeding (probably was) 2 days ago, and I read on a health site that a HPT won't pick up a positive for 4-5 days after IB. So I'll be testing in 3 days (and probably more in between then and now!) to see if I can get a :bfp:). I hope I'm preggers but it's probably not true - it's my first month TTCing, first month off BC, but I FEEL different, I dunno I might just be psyching myself out! No cramps, no weepiness like before AF....AHHH I'm going nuts over this! Thanks for the comment!

Yeah, my friend keeps saying to me 'so do you still want a baby'

No....i changed my mind!! Duh

My cousin keeps saying to me 'i check everyday to see when you put your scan picture up on facebook. I know it's gonna happen I'm so excited for you!!' - she has no idea we are TTC but all the pressure from people who seme to have assumed we should is so annoying!! I'm hardly going to say to you 'yes i am actually pregnant' if i've not said it before, am I?!

I get a lot of 'so you've been married 10 months now, where's the baby?' all obviously form ppl who dont know we are in fact trying. Mental!!!! Very hard to keep my mouth shut I just play dumb and say we dont want kids yet. I've had this convo with same people since the honeymoon last July lol!! Everyone assumed i'd announce a pregnancy from the honeymoon. I had my period on our honeymoon...its funny how people assume you can get pregnant any day of the year!

My cousin keeps saying to me 'i check everyday to see when you put your scan picture up on facebook. I know it's gonna happen I'm so excited for you!!' - she has no idea we are TTC but all the pressure from people who seme to have assumed we should is so annoying!! I'm hardly going to say to you 'yes i am actually pregnant' if i've not said it before, am I?!

I get a lot of 'so you've been married 10 months now, where's the baby?' all obviously form ppl who dont know we are in fact trying. Mental!!!! Very hard to keep my mouth shut I just play dumb and say we dont want kids yet. I've had this convo with same people since the honeymoon last July lol!! Everyone assumed i'd announce a pregnancy from the honeymoon. I had my period on our honeymoon...its funny how people assume you can get pregnant any day of the year!
AHHH that would drive me CRAZY!!!!

Why do people assume that the second you get married you must start having babies or TTC?! My parents waited 5 years just being married, THEN started having kids. And they had three! I wonder if family members or random friends asked THEM nosy questions during the 5 years they didn't have kids? Lol.

EEEEEK Silmarien, :dust: here's hoping there's a BFP in the making right now. Good luck hun! :hugs:

Littlemisscie :rofl:

AHHH that would drive me CRAZY!!!!

Why do people assume that the second you get married you must start having babies or TTC?! My parents waited 5 years just being married, THEN started having kids. And they had three! I wonder if family members or random friends asked THEM nosy questions during the 5 years they didn't have kids? Lol.

My Mom said she doesn't understand why people "plan" to try to have a baby, she said back when she had kids you just did it! Thanks for the advice Mom!

My Mom said she doesn't understand why people "plan" to try to have a baby, she said back when she had kids you just did it! Thanks for the advice Mom!

I've gotten this one from a few friends... and all their kids were oopsies. So no, they don't understand that yes, you CAN plan when to start your family. And that it's VERY frustrating when it doesn't go according to plan. :flower:

https://www.cafepress.com/+nope_still_not_pregnant_organic_womens_tshirt_,570483299

https://www.cafepress.com/+womens_cap_sleeve_tshirt,130017263

i find both of these shirts fitting for this thread lol

i hate when i hear "our child is an accident"
my usual response is "oh really? so you both happen to be running down the hall naked and triped over each other and he finnished when he landed inside of you?"

pdxmamabear, those Tshirts are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! I actually laughed out loud, especially the 'thanks for reminding me' small type!!!! :rofl:

You want another baby,don't you just want peace omg I'd wait if I were you" all the negative comments come from my sister

I am not TTC but I read this and had to comment. I was on my period on my honeymoon, too! And, youre right, people just think you can get pregnant anytime :shock: I wish I lived under a rock like some people out there, but unfortunately I dont. Luckily, I never got the whole... youve been married ten months and arent pregnant, yet? But, I get it a lot as I get closer to graduation. "So, youre going to start trying when you graduate?" Maybe I will, maybe I wont, but I am not telling random acquaintances! dummys, those are the only people left in this world :nope:

my other halfs mum ARE YOU PREGNANT YET !!! stfu lol x

My DH's Mum: No suprises yet, I'm not ready to be a grandmother.

Tough! I'm 29 and more than ready to be a Mammy and if I had my way I would be well on the way to that dream.

I'm sure she's just joking but even the opposite of putting pressure on is harsh.

you must be mad wanting another
and even not knowing that we are my mum in law tells hubby to "give me a rest"

https://www.cafepress.com/+nope_still_not_pregnant_organic_womens_tshirt_,570483299

https://www.cafepress.com/+womens_cap_sleeve_tshirt,130017263

i find both of these shirts fitting for this thread lol

:rofl: Especially the second one!

My DH's Mum: No suprises yet, I'm not ready to be a grandmother.

Tough! I'm 29 and more than ready to be a Mammy and if I had my way I would be well on the way to that dream.

I'm sure she's just joking but even the opposite of putting pressure on is harsh.

WTH!? Your mother is so unfair! It's NOT UP TO HER! Goodness. What a selfish comment. I'm so sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->