• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*~*The Young Parents Club *~*

Yeah it does Andi, whatever is in your blood is in your milk. But once it is out of your blood then its outta your milk, no need to pump and dump coz the milk in your boobs changes constantly.
The phrase is 'if your ok to drive, then your ok to feed'
If not just use xpressed milk for the time while your a bit tiddly, and then once youve sobered up you should be ok. The worst that will happen if there is still a little in your system is bub will get a bit sleepy.
Im not going out again any time soon...lol i couldnt do it for 6 months and it was only cavs bday that got me out the door.
Apparantly it was a nightmare putting him to bed coz hes never taken the bottle before..and i missed him soo so so much.
But im glad i did go out for the one night, i kinda feel refreshed iykwim?
I was getting rlly down b4, not neccesarily about not going out but just in general. I feel a lot better having had a night to myself...a 'let loose' kinda night lol.
Aw amanda, :hugs::hugs::hugs:
I feel your pain, i send u get better vibes and plenty :hugs:
How about a hot chocolate? They make me feel better :haha:
And one day off from ur diet wont hurt :thumbup: xxxx

Ohh I agree with the men should have periods...even just once so my OH would understand why I'm moaning would suit me. He isn't understanding at all and thinks Im making a big fuss over nothing but I swear since Lucas was born Iv had the worst period pains ever! :cry:

Jess i know! Iv said to Cav he should just go with it ONE month and id like to hear em complain after that...hmph.

ugh I've had my period for 10 days now
I think it is because of my IUD

but the 1st like 4 days I had real bad cramps when I normaly only have them for the 1st day it sucks!
I want it to be over already!

ooh, i thought that 1 was meant 2 help periods??
thats the 1 i want :wacko:

Kris im in Kingstons upon thames, where abouts in london are you ?

Andi, strange but im going to ask you a question, how much is Ella having with each bottle feed ? i know EJ is bigger than her but i just have this feeling that if i offered him 8oz he would drink it all lol, and ds1 was taking formula as well as EBM at this stage and i was just giving him a bit larger feeds if it was EBM than if it was formula as EBM digests quicker

Rome-- I get the max baby bonus, which is $300 something ($325-$350 range per month, not sure exactly) per month plus the $100 that everyone gets... so I get nearly $450/month, pretty sure I only lose that if I start to make over $15,000 per year (which I won't at minimum wage, well, just above, working part time... on mat leave I made about $8,000 last year.. and that's 55% of my regular pay... and I'm on way less hours..) OR if I move in with my boyfriend...

Plus if you had a job at all last year you will get the tax credit.. Ont child care supplement for working families.. last year I got $69/mo and this year I get $17.50/mo :dohh:...

Plus GST every 3 months-- before I was getting $90ish, now that I have a dependent I get $150... so $600/year!

I also have the Mirena lol. My first period was 5 days, but then I went down to like 3 day periods and now I spot for like a day.. hopefully it will gradually decrease for you too :(

ive been thinking about birth control for after my 6wk check although if my bleeding keeps getting less at this rate im gonna need to dig out the condoms caus i'll want sex before then, my stiches seem completely healed they arent sore at all or bugging me in the slightest, lol,

Tooting and kingston..both not far from where I used to live..I lives in surrey (carshalton area) until I was 17. still visit to see my mum.
Today hasn't been too bad...My diet went down the sh*tter...I have eaten LOADS of chocolate..OH has been running around for me..he even did the dishes, cleaned the entire kitchen (even the cooker) and went to the shop to get me paracetamol and choccy :)
He really is great, I'm soo lucky to have him..he's been really cuddly today too...he hates seeing me in pain.
I was gonna get a marina, but I've changed my mind because OH has agreed to had baby2 in about a year and half..so no point me going for long term contraception, I'm considering the injection (but I'm scared)...anyone had it..does it hurt?

i used to live in streatham and go through tooting on the bus everyday, you couldnt pay me to live back there again its just so much nicer where we are now, although the rent is HUGE in comparison to what we used to pay but we also have a garden now

You couldn't pay me to move back to surrey either. It may look all nice but most the people are scum..I am so much happier in Luton (even though it looks like a shithole)
But I guess..I don't really know many people here so although I don't have any enemies..I don't have many friends either. But I'm actually quite happy to keep myself to myself...it also shows me who my TRUE friends round there really were...the ones that have made an effort to keep in contact with me even though I live so far away.

Popping in to let you know your younger parenting forum will go live ...

Be patient is all.

It always was on the close to do list but you have to understand (or believe me) its not as simple as whack one up! Other things are going on in the background (with the forum that is) and other things are being considered not just this suggestion - we change and add things slowly even if you don't see 95% of my OHs heavy workload and theres our own life an family which we will always put first. I won't stress over a section going up 2 weeks later than when we original decided to actually open one. I refused to be cornered and with bad wording like "they don't want one" it wasn't as simple as that never has been. Most of you know we're more than cooperating MOST times and if we're not or not quick enough theres always a reason.

I don't believe it was a good idea once upon a time but I do believe it is now and you will benefit from it.

So just watch the space and for now carry on using your chat group here :thumbup:

x

Popping in to let you know your younger parenting forum will go live ...

Be patient is all.

It always was on the close to do list but you have to understand (or believe me) its not as simple as whack one up when other things are also going on in the background (on the forum that is) and other things being considered not just this suggestion - we change and add things slowly even if you don't see 95% of my OHs heavy workload and theres our own life an family which we will always put first - I won't stress over a section going up 2 weeks later than when we original decided to actually open one. I refused to be cornered and with bad wording like "they don't want one" it wasn't as simple as that never has been. Most of you know we're more than cooperating MOST times and if we're not or not quick enough theres always a reason.

I don't believe it was a good idea once upon a time but I do believe it is now and you will benefit from it.

So just watch the space and for now carry on using your chat group here :thumbup:

x

Yaay! Thank you BnB team!! :thumbup:
Can't wait until it goes live :D
It really will be a great support for all us young mummies..and I'm sure you can see that from how great this group is going :D

Thanks Wobbles :)
The forum is huge and it must take a lot of work to keep up, so we do appreciate it :thumbup:
I think the reason why that thread was made was because it was everyones understanding that you wouldnt make one because you felt that it would go against what we always claim we want. So i guess that people just wanted to show that we dont mind lol, we dont want to be treated as lesser than other parents, but there are issues that make us different iykwim?
And it would stop us clogging up teen preg lol
But yeh, thank you. We do appreciate the hard work that you and SC put into the forum.
Looking forward to the new one :):)

Lol charming u 2! Ok i concede...its a dump lol, but im not to far from tooting bec and balham and they're not too bad. I hate it, but at the same time i do really like it down here. I think wen me n OH get our own place we're looking at probly moving to carshalton area, my dad lives round there and its cheaper than tooting. All my family r tooting based and i dnt wana move too far from them xxxx

Amandad192;
I already knew it hun ...when that thread was locked (it was locked because of the manner and yes I spat my dummy lol) we'd already planned to put one up but to be corner/demanded like that really piddled me.

As I say it certainly was not because we just didn't want to - previously this has been discussed and forum feedback at that time meant it wasn't best for BnB however time goes on and we have grew so after we discussed this again we had indeed decided that yes this could now be introduced.

We take feedback all the time ...just because it may not be acted on immedicately doesn't mean we forget or the decision can't be reversed another time.

Thought I'd put you out of your misery! :blush:

Kris;
That was one of the reasons and it comes from forum feedback. You have to understand whist a handful may say well no thats fine another handful may not. This was discussed in the past and indeed at that time it wasn't the best time to introduce a young Mums/Moms section but then we got a couple of requests on this so we reconsidered/we listened and looked into the pros cons again ...one thing to consider is the growth of the forum which went on side with this new section.

BTW we got slammed for the idea once even for seperating the teen pregnancy haha

Nah mind :D x

Lol really?
The teen preganncy forum on here got me through all the crazyness around me finding out tbh..i was so chucked in at the deep end without the advice and support of the girls on this forum i dont know what id of done.
I only found the forum through googling teen pregnancy, and because i found that part of the forum i found the rest too.
This place has helped me so much, lol i dread to think where id be without it. Very very lost methinks.
Thanks xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->