• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*~*The Young Parents Club *~*

OH's and my mums favourite saying is
'what on earth do you think is gonna happen? she [my mum] brought you up fine, im sure she knows how to look after a baby!'
its not about whats going to HAPPEN...its just..:shrug:
:rofl:
crazy mummah :haha:

thats exactly it -its not that i think something is gunna happen its just a feeling of being away from her cant really explain it :shrug:
especially with OH parents when i dont really know them that well

You know what?

I STILL feel that way to an extent about Tattie and my other kids even as old as they are! :wacko:

i dont think i could leave her with any one. :/ honestly i left her with OH to quickly go to the store i was gone 15 mins and she was perfectly ok but i felt way to guilty like i should have just took her with me. to me shes still way to small to be without me for any amount of time. im crazy lol. i mentioned it to my OH that i was annoyed at the amount of other girls i know on facebook seeming to just leave there kids with there parents all the time and he was just like u need to relize you are much differnt then most of the girls in this town lol

OH's and my mums favourite saying is
'what on earth do you think is gonna happen? she [my mum] brought you up fine, im sure she knows how to look after a baby!'
its not about whats going to HAPPEN...its just..:shrug:
:rofl:
crazy mummah :haha:

thats exactly it -its not that i think something is gunna happen its just a feeling of being away from her cant really explain it :shrug:
especially with OH parents when i dont really know them that well

You know what?

I STILL feel that way to an extent about Tattie and my other kids even as old as they are! :wacko:

Great so we're all going to be feeling like this for a long time. I want a job, but I don't want Liam being left without me. I know my OH is out of work at the minute, but when he finds a job I will have to leave Liam with a childminder or in a nursery and I don't know if I could do that to him. Not that it's a bad thing, just that I will miss him and constantly worry about him and feel like some one else is raising my child and I'm not being responsible.

I've been feeling soo confused these past few days about when to look for work or when to go to college, maybe do a home learning course. I want baby 2 in about a year and a half (that's when I want to start TTC) so I don't know if it's worth looking for work yet, or looking into courses, because I will still be in college when I conceive (If things go to plan.) Sorry this is a bit of a written brainstorm. I just don't know what to do with myself. I need a life, and I suppose a nursery would build Liam's social skills. But...Can't I take him into work with me in a briefcase or something? :shrug:

:haha: amanda
have a look at the open uni..im starting my degree in october with them :D:D:D:D
xxx

have a look at the open uni..im starting my degree in october with them :D:D:D:D
xxx

I've been looking, but I don't know what I want to do. I've been thinking of an accounting course, because there's good money in it. But it's a lot of hard work, and although I got an A in my Maths GCSE...my minds a little rusty.

ooo Im the same, been thinkin about open uni for a while now but need to find the right course...whatever that may be...

im doing economics, philosophy and politics :D
Im too excited lol :haha: xxx

maths a level was a nightmare for me, i got an A at GCSE and stupidly thought it would be just as easy to do the same at a level...WRONG
:haha:

uv inspired me kris...im off to find my course and shan't go to bed until I have :)

ooo get you :happydance:

I am just an active member :cry: I need to talk more I thinks

Lol Kris, I started my maths A level..then changed course because I was getting on with it. My teacher was very strict..I mean very...so I changed course instead of telling her she was going to fast for me. Looking back I should have just gone to her after a class and told her how I was feeling..she might have given my a session in one of my free lessons to catch up a bit.
Just been looking at my local college, Think I'm going to apply for a book-keeping course that starts in September. Its 2 hours a day, one day a week. So I won't have to feel bad about leaving Liam because it only for a short time. Win-win I think.
OU course would be good, but I'm not very good at making myself to things with deadlines and would probz leave it all until last minute. So if I have someone checking up on me every week, I won't be able to fall behind.

I really want a good well paid respected job. Not that all I want is the money, just having not enough money is stressful. My mum was a single parent with four kids and until only about 3/4 years ago she always had a child young enough to not be in school and she wanted to stay home looking after us.
So when poeple asked me what my mum did for a living, I always felt embarrassed telling them that she didn't work, because I knew that the next question would be what my dad does, and he was absent for a large part of my life.
My mum recently went back to work but gave it up to look after my ill grandad. She is no longer single though. She got married last year to my youngest sisters (from my mum) Dad, and he is a plasterer. He was offered a promotion inspecting other peoples work but turned it down because he knows how it feels when you struggle in pain to get a job done in time and some one comes round to tell you it's not good enough and you have to start again.
I want Liam to have a good life, I don't want to struggle to pay for his school trips or anything. But at the same time I don't want to spoil him.
So basically, I don't want to be poor, and I don't want to be rich..Just to have a healthy income.

This post has turned out much longer than I intended it to be, but I babble a lot when I'm getting tired. Well done anyone who read it without getting bored :haha:

And kris...BnB addict.. Your fingers aching yet? :haha: well done!

i wish i could afford to go to uni:( i had a place 2 yrs ago yo do psychology and criminology but defered it fir a yr to go travelling, which i did. then was due to go last sept when i found out i was pregnant. but now i cant afford to go coz i would need to have a job doing at least 16 hrs to get hild care allowance dont think i could work 16 hrs do uni work and look after paige, me and oh would hve no time together either nd id never see paige. i think unis should offer free childcare during term times when you have lectures :(

i wish i could afford to go to uni:( i had a place 2 yrs ago yo do psychology and criminology but defered it fir a yr to go travelling, which i did. then was due to go last sept when i found out i was pregnant. but now i cant afford to go coz i would need to have a job doing at least 16 hrs to get hild care allowance dont think i could work 16 hrs do uni work and look after paige, me and oh would hve no time together either nd id never see paige. i think unis should offer free childcare during term times when you have lectures :(

some unis have subsidised chilcare I think..or bursaries available to help you with the costs..you could always have a look and see?

I'm supposed to be going back to uni in sept...but still not even found anywhere to live...no idea how i'm gonna afford it though :s

Krisssss....can I be added to the group please :D ??

xx

some unis have subsidised chilcare I think..or bursaries available to help you with the costs..you could always have a look and see?

I'm supposed to be going back to uni in sept...but still not even found anywhere to live...no idea how i'm gonna afford it though :s

Krisssss....can I be added to the group please :D ??

xx

i did look into it and the uni has on sight creche but you have to pay for it and its just the same price as any other childcare. which we just cant afford and the only way to get help towards paying it is to be working 16 hours. :wacko: they seem to make it so difficult if you actually want to help yourself and not sit at home on benefits. if i chose not to go back to uni or get a job id be getting much more government help :nope:

xxx

I've been looking, but I don't know what I want to do. I've been thinking of an accounting course, because there's good money in it. But it's a lot of hard work, and although I got an A in my Maths GCSE...my minds a little rusty.

Take it from me Accounting is the most mind numbing job in the world :( ... I did it for years (and it's not as well paid as you might think!)

If you are going to train for something for a couple of years then bear in mind that you may well be doing the resulting job for the next 40+ years .... and choose your course and options carefully and with a mind to what might keep you interested for all that time :D

And Amanda - Tattie is intending to pick up her previous job/training of working with children by registering as a childminder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->