Things I am so tired of hearing as a multiples mom

Shells and pinkie that's awful and so insensitive. Drs really should read notes first. I personally don't like er drs, I feel like they don't really specialize in anything so it makes it harder for them to give advice on specific things. The next Er visit though I had a great dr who just admitted they didn't see a lot of early pregnancy stuff and I would have to follow up with Ob. I appreciated his honesty,

I've experienced almost all of these too so I'm going to join the rant lol

The most common is "was it a surprise" "do twins run in the family". I have begun answering actually I bought these babies so I'm pretty happy to have them. Surprisingly many people have then responded that they have done ivf successfully or unsuccessfully or that they know someoe near and dear to them who has done ivf. I actually feel it has opened up a nice thing for the topic to be talked about more.

But yes the "oh your hands are full" "I have 2 that are 14mos apart" "what genders are they" "awe to bad you didn't have one of each gender" "what's the age gap - um 2 mins lol". Etc etc etc. oh and yes the guessing game. "Don't tell me whose who..."

I've just started "announcing" to a few people and everyone so far has said "oh, do twins run in the family?". Well, they do actually. I've also had some people ask if I used fertility medicines----um, excuse me? None of your damn business! Many more weeks of this to look forward to.

Yes, everything under the sun about 128735 times!

When pregnant:
'Did you have IVF?'
'Double trouble!'
'Oh wow that's going to be so hard'
'Do twins run in your family?'
'You look like you're about to pop with 2 in there!'

When they were just born:
'2 boys?' (When one is dressed in head to toe pink)
'Did you deliver them naturally?'
'Double trouble!'
'Wow you've got your hands full!'

Now:
'Do twins run in your family?'
'Did you have IVF?'
'Wow you've got your hands full!'
'Who is the eldest?'
'Double trouble!'
'Do they act the same?'
'Are they identical?'
'Oh so you're done then, no more kids for you!'
'Double trouble!'
'DOUBLE TROUBLE!!'

BLOODY HELL if I have to hear Double Trouble one more time... I know people think it's pretty hilarious for some reason but seriously, I might have to headbutt someone if I hear that phrase again!

I agree the double trouble is one of the most annoying things. I seriously got that remark 3 times at Costco in the same trip.

My all time favourite was 'which one is the evil twin ?'

I have to add, since announcing that I'm having a girl and a boy, I've had more than one person asked if they are identical or fraternal! Boys and girls cannot be identical people!

I have to add, since announcing that I'm having a girl and a boy, I've had more than one person asked if they are identical or fraternal! Boys and girls cannot be identical people!

I told someone that asked that to rethink what they asked me.

We were at a restaurant on saturday and this lady at next table asked if they were twins. When I said yes, she looked at me and sarcastically said "Oh, Bless your heart". I gave her a look and she quickly resonded with "but they are so precious". Why do people think its the end of the world when you have more than 1 child at the same age? Seriously, I dont get it.

We were at a restaurant on saturday and this lady at next table asked if they were twins. When I said yes, she looked at me and sarcastically said "Oh, Bless your heart". I gave her a look and she quickly resonded with "but they are so precious". Why do people think its the end of the world when you have more than 1 child at the same age? Seriously, I dont get it.

Its so rude :( I just respond with we are very thankful and blessed. I am originally from the south and Bless your heart when I was growing up was not an endearing term. It's a passive aggressive way of saying being rude.

Because they aren't superheros like we are :haha:

Exactly and not worthy of a double blessing :p

:haha: true

For all you twin mummies!!! :hugs:

Attachments

• bb71395cc0bfd4e68bc16ba65156ce75.jpg
    bb71395cc0bfd4e68bc16ba65156ce75.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 9
Oh, I feel ya! Here's the comments I get..........Look its double trouble, oh GOOD LUCK (sarcastic tone), oh wow, you have your hands full. I have boy/girl twins and dress them in blue and pink and my lil girl has her ears pierced and I still get asked what gender they are. Them number 1 question I get is "are they twins?" It's totally obvious that they are the same age. They are the same size. Its annoying to get all these comments and questions. Happens every time we go out in public.

I knew Some mother's who desperate wanted a girl and ended up having a girl. Instead kg having more kids, she dressed her baby boy as a girl. It's wired But it's super common for parents to dress their kids as the opposite sex or in unisex clothing. But with that Being said. I'm sire it's annoying to hear the same questions over n over

I really hate when people say "I would die if I had twins!" Um no, you might be frightened when you hear, scared, unsure; but I'm still alive and now that they are here the proudest thing for me is knowing I created these 2 amazing beings at the same time! Like Nut said "What's your super power?"

And of course as I'm sure has been mentioned a trillion times "Double trouble!" If I had a penny for everytime I've heard that. It's soooooooooo old. I simply smile and reply with "Double the kisses and hugs, double the I love you Mommy! Oh and double the fun". The look on their faces suddenly change from shock to jealousy.

Being a twin mom rocks!!!

Oh another one is "Do they wake up and sleep at the same times?" I do tend to put them to bed at the same time yes but they are not wired to sleep and wake up simultaneously...

I've had so many of these. The two that irk me are:

1. You're not very big my friend is only xyz weeks with one and she is bigger than you. Why thanks, because I don't stress enough that my babies are growing enough.

2. Oh a boy and a girl, excellent family done, you don't need to go back. I know they mean it in a nice way but it really annoys me. My children are a blessing no matter their gender and I'll have more if I want them.

And my worst experience was at 9 weeks when I had a considerable bleed. Hubby and I went to the ER (on a Saturday) as we couldn't contact my OBGYN (turns out he was in surgery) after hours of waiting we get taken back, more waiting etc. Finally a doctor comes in and says its a Saturday and we can't do a scan till Tuesday because the ultrasound place isn't open and it's a public holiday on Monday. You've probably lost one but hey think of it as a positive you may still have one. IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MAKE ME FEEL HAPPY? She then said you can't do anything to stop it now you could even go horse riding. Do what you want nothing will change it. And then they sent us off absolutely devastated.

The next day we managed to get in contact with my OBGYN who opened up on a Sunday to do a scan for me. Thankfully all was fine with my two miracles. He was absolutely furious when we told him what the ER doctor had said. He wanted her name to put in a formal complaint for us (as he also works at that hospital). Hubby and I just wanted to forget the whole experience.

Now they are here....

DOUBLE TROUBLE

AAAGGGGGHHHHHH!

:hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member