Things I am so tired of hearing as a multiples mom

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. I'm 22 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins and I'm starting to get the typical questions. Do twins run in my family? No. Did you use fertility meds? Yes (and actually, I don't mind talking about it as I'll be a single mother by choice and there is a lot of people who just don't know about the subject). Are they identical? No, one boy and one girl.

On the other hand, I'm not getting the double trouble or negative comments. Most people think it is really cool and I get a lot of people who say they are jealous and wish they had or could have twins. I'm always surprised by that.

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. I'm 22 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins and I'm starting to get the typical questions. Do twins run in my family? No. Did you use fertility meds? Yes (and actually, I don't mind talking about it as I'll be a single mother by choice and there is a lot of people who just don't know about the subject). Are they identical? No, one boy and one girl.

On the other hand, I'm not getting the double trouble or negative comments. Most people think it is really cool and I get a lot of people who say they are jealous and wish they had or could have twins. I'm always surprised by that.

Wow enjoy the jealous ones! I wish I got more of those.. Maybe the ones that get all rude and serious with the "I don't envy you" comment actually do but they are jealous and too petty to admit it.

Being a parent to multiples is super hard, super fun, and super rewarding... It really takes another parent of multiples to understand.

I love your name 40isnotold! Right you are too! :D
My OH always says "They are just jealous" when people come out with comments like that. He doesn't let them get to him at all. Though he does get angry at comments like which one is a the evil one. And me too. I want to kick ppl for that one!

We are only able to manage taking the twins out of the house once a week (for church), so we've so far avoided most opportunities for comments. however, the past couple weeks i've been asked if my toddlers are twins - wait, what? they're 15 months apart and not even close in size or anything! :wacko: just b/c the babies are twins - what are the odds of the older kids? no

in the end, minor irritations, but twins are worth it, right? :cloud9:

My boys are 11 days old and we ventured the supermarket today for the first time.... first comment - aww how beautiful, they are so tiny what did you call them? second person to comment on the twins was the 'Are they twins?' comment pmsl - Dh just looked at me as i had warned him about such stupidity... we just didn't expect that quite so quickly lol

After just trying to keep my wiggly babies on fetal monitors for 24 hours straight, I'm about to call them double trouble myself! Lol

Haha lanet!

Shells.. Didn't you know gestation for babies is only 11 days?

Being a parent to multiples is super hard, super fun, and super rewarding... It really takes another parent of multiples to understand.

I couldnt agree more, my OB named them trouble 1 and trouble 2 on the scans and now that they mobile they are living up to their names. Really enjoying being a mother of twins, cant imagine it being any other way! The first four months were the worst for me, after that it got so much better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->