Things I am so tired of hearing as a multiples mom

I have a friend that goes with me to the store once a week and I started having her push the girls while I run the shopping cart... I literally keep walking when people stop her HAHA I know thats not nice but now that I have done that a few times I hear her getting snotty with them for all the rude comments.

It didn't bother her at first until about the 5th time someone said double trouble to her or OMG I am so sorry.

They should totally hire people out that take care of the trolley for you at supermarkets haha.

How about people refering to your babies as 'that one'.
I.e 'I bet that one is the serious one' 'that one is asleep'. He is a person not an object!

They should totally hire people out that take care of the trolley for you at supermarkets haha.

How about people refering to your babies as 'that one'.
I.e 'I bet that one is the serious one' 'that one is asleep'. He is a person not an object!

That's a pet peeve of mine, too. My aunt told me that Nora was definitely going to be the "look at me!" twin. She said this the day Nora was transfered to the highest-level NICU for surgery. I think she was trying to be funny, but I almost walloped her.

So glad I found this forum.

I hate the, "are they girls or boys?" They are wearing flowers or pink or something rather girly. People are oblivious...

lol I got that too but I guess it is harder with boys as girls can wear dark blue and green too.

Okay, I've got another one! I'm tired of people looking at my girls and saying, "Are you sure they're identical? I can tell them apart." Really? Would you like me to go into the story as to WHY there is a three pound difference between my girls, thus making them easily identifiable? Do you want to hear about our 74 days in the NICU and Nora not being allowed to eat for a month?

It's the "I can tell your twins apart" game, and though I know it's not coming from an evil or mean place, it's still so, so frustrating. I have a girlfriend with identical twins, one of whom is pretty darn sick, and one day when she was with them at our local children's hospital, a person actually came up to her and said, "Why is one twin so much smaller than the other?" AT A CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL! In front of children who are old enough to understand what is being said about them! ARRRGHHH. :growlmad:

I had that too with my twins, they weigh the same but one is taller so he looks bigger, they look identical even though they aren't, people cant tell them apart yet I got this cashier saying "oh they twins, he is really small compared to the other"

But the best one I got which I haven't heard before was a guy at a shop who said to me "they must really be close in age hey! like only a few months apart" I told him they twins, he was like "honey (to his wife), they actually twins" WHAT!!!!:brat: I was too amused, how close would I have had to had them, they don't even look 2 months apart!!!

Oh I get that one too! Yes one of my boys is a bit bigger but no way does he look 10 months older. But cause they look nothing alike, twins is not the first thing people think of I guess. So when I am asked what the age difference is and I say "Uhm, 2 minutes" they are like OOOHH... always makes me want to go :dohh: at them!

I thought of this thread a couple of weeks back when my son and his cousin were mistaken for twins. They are 11 months apart and about the same height. A lady asked me how one of my "twins" was Asian and the other wasn't.

My friend has two daughters who are 18 months apart and people ask if they are twins?! Her eldest is a month older than Sophie and her younger one is still a baby for goodness sake.

'He/She's the older one so I bet they'll be the bossier/bigger one'

Um, I don't think the 60 seconds will really make a difference..

People get very confused when I take my DD and my SD out together. SD is older by 4 months, but my DD is much bigger and taller. People ask how old they are, and you can almost see the cogs turning trying to work out how it works!

I HAD to resurrect this thread to share my newest "compliment":

Went to pick the girls up from day care last night, and they were playing quietly and happily while I packed up their things. A new mom came in, and the teacher said, "These are the twins!" She looked me dead in the eyes and said, "I don't envy you." No smile, no laugh--nothing "jokey" about it. Such a lovely thing to say to a person--and in front of her children! Grrrrrrr.:growlmad:

Again a mum on another board here told me the other week that for her and her hubby twins would be the worst nightmare. I told her that I am sure she didn't mean it and that if she thought for a moment, twins could not possibly be her worst nightmare in regards to babies.
I really wish ppl would think before they come out with something like that.

I think the worst part is that these people say awful things IN FRONT OF OUR CHILDREN. Makes me want to say, "Well, at least my girls weren't beaten with the ugly stick like your little one."

I think the worst part is that these people say awful things IN FRONT OF OUR CHILDREN. Makes me want to say, "Well, at least my girls weren't beaten with the ugly stick like your little one."

"Well look at that, my girls have twice the respect and consideration for people's feelings that a single grown adult has!"

'Ugly stick' haha

Why don't people think before they speak? It wouldn't be acceptable to go up to another mum and say 'Ginger? Rather you than me' or 'Glasses? That'd be my worst nightmare.

Haha I love it... It totally cracks me up. We're approaching a year in the next month or so and I thought I'd heard it all.

Yes the people that really get to me are the straight faced serious ones.

Ugly stick! Gotta love it.

They don't realize their kids are sponges and soak up every hateful thing they say.

It's incredible. I have a friend with identical girls, one of whom has a serious chronic condition that means she'll always be smaller than her sister. They were waiting at our local children's hospital, when a person (also with a kid) comes up to my friend and says, "Twins?" She says, yup. "Identical?" Yup. "Then why is she so much smaller?", pointing at my friend's daughter. Her daughters are 2 and are VERY MUCH aware of someone pointing at them and asking rude questions. She said it took everything in her power not to point at the person's kid and say, "So, what's wrong with him?" Honestly, I may have ripped the person's head off myself.

I can't believe how rude people are to you all and your children! Twins are amazing. What could be more awesome than two babies having such a closeness and bond?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->