Third set of immunisations

P

petal040

I know the third set of injections involves one shot in each leg and one in the arm, so three in total, and I'm not looking forward to taking LO. While she was okay with the other two sets, three sore jabs seems like a lot to me.

So I was wondering - from those who have taken their LOs for these - were they much worse than the previous two times?

Also - would it be an option to take her for the leg ones then come back for the arm one another time, maybe a couple of weeks later or something? Would that be a bad idea? :wacko:

my LO had 2 in left leg and one in right leg and wasnt too bad a little cry but nothing major they did them all one right after the other to get it done quick as possible

good luck x

Yes, same here, Adam had 2 in one leg and 1 in the other. Nurse was as quick as she could be but I think he remembered from the previous times and he cried before he even had his trousers down. :(

They were worse for us than the 8 and 12 week ones, in that he took longer to soothe after and was rattier in the evening. I wouldn't say MUCH worse but a little worse.

They were no worse than the 1st and 2nd sets. The nurse told me they are the least likely to cause a reaction because it's more of the same stuff they had in the first 2 sets.

Thanks for the replies. My LO was fine for the first two lots... so if they will do them all in the legs (I'll ask about this) so it's quicker and less pain sites, I think I'll just go for it. :)

yeah id ask about the legs, my nurse gave us the choice saying its easier for them (dont know how) and seems to cause less upset so we picked legs,
we also took her teddy comforter in to distract her which worked a bit x

Harvey got all 3 in the legs too. He cried when they were done but 30 seconds later he was smiling again and he was completely fine afterwards. I'd go with the getting them over and done with approach if I were you.

I took Katie for her's yesterday she had them all in her legs.
She was fine with first two but these were a little worse she had a temp through the night an a really bad nappy she has been a little more grouchy too, hope she's ok for xmas day.

We had 2 in one leg and 1 in the other too. I gave him calpol 30 mins before and he was absolutely fine. :)

in my opinion get it over with there and then. mu surgery do two in one leg and one in another. my daughter wasnt any more upset than her 1st or 2nd. in my surgery two nurses work together so it is all over fast x

We had as above, all in leg. LO was by far worse with her 3rd set though. off milk, temps, grumpy. First 2 i never heard her!!

Hope LO is ok for yoU!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->