• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Third Time Lucky - Fingers Crossed!!!

AAAHHHHHH, I'm 38 weeks today! So excited! No signs of baby arriving anytime soon though. Have consultant on Tuesday and am booked in to see MW on 16th for sweep if baby not here by then. Think i'm starting to feel ready although happy to wait for baby when he/she is ready. House cleaned from top to bottom and bags packed!

Cupcake, not long for us now! Are you all set?

SATH, guessing no news is not good news. Got my fingers crossed this is your month, you really deserve it!

Manny, what a cute smiley little man you have there. Sounds like you are getting on great!

Hey Twink!

No signs here either! Am on mat leave now and have washed everything and packed my bag and in starting to run out of jobs to occupy me lol!

Are you getting lots of BH and stuff? X

Did you mw say how engaged your baby is? I saw her today and he's 3/5 engaged.....means nothing apparently.....

Im fully expecting to be very late.....

Sorry for delay in getting back to you cupcake. I wasn't engaged at all at appointment last week. Got quite an uncomfortable pelvis and heavy feeling today though so not sure if baby is moving down a bit. Have had a look online but you are right, baby being engaged means nothing in relation to when they will appear............the waiting continues!! Day of cooking food for freezer tomorrow x

Haha I have plans to do that next week!

I asked the midwife why I didn't have the bowling ball between the legs feeling if he was engaged, she said that might start soon! Although he's been engaged for ages I think so maybe ive just got used to it!

Dunno about you but my hips and pelvis and even my legs are starting to feel sore and heavy a lot. Getting tougher to sleep to but I'm not gonna moan as im enjoying some me time!

Do you see the MW again next week?

Thanks Garfie, how are you?

Cupcake - Yeah get quite a tired/achey feeling in hips/pelvis/legs and keep needing to turn over in bed, quite an ordeal in it's self, hehe! Took our dog for a walk earlier on, was definitely waddling!! No bowling ball feeling though. I have consultant on tues, a girl at my work was also under his care an apparently got a sweep at 39 weeks so we will see, will take it if I'm offered I think.
What about you, when is your next appointment?

Today I am cooking beef casserole and lasagne. Tomorrow I think I will make shepherds pie and chicken curry. Was also going to do chilli or Bolognese but worried I wont have enough space in freezer!

How is everyone else? Been quite quiet on here recenty. Must all be too busy cuddling babies and making babies ;)

Hi everyone not been on here in ages! Still dealing with building work!!
I'm 31 weeks now its flown by especially with a ds to run after it was so different with him I used to relax all the time and was so careful this time I'm still lifting him all the time and hardly ever get a chance to sit down!!

This preg has been so much better than last time. I have been cursed with varicous veins on one leg and I think I have them down below too..,, lovely!!!

Had my consultant appt and don't need a c section woo!! She was a bit surprised if been referred so that was reassuring!

Love to you all xx

Bagpuss hooray for not needing a c section. I can't begin to imagine what pregnancy is like with a toddler running around! Nearly there though...

Cupcake and twinks happy due date week!! Either of you feeling like labour is imminent? Keep us posted.

Hope everyone else is well? X

Hi Ladies

Bagpuss - you must be so relieved at not having to have a c-section I know it's not easy being pregnant with a toddler running around - let alone when you are recovering from a c-section :wacko:

Cupcake/Twinks - Not long for you two now :happydance:

I've not been on much - but I have been stalking as you all know I have watched you all from getting the BFP:happydance:

I am 8DPO - 2nd cycle after m/c and my temps are still looking good:happydance:

Love to all the other stalkers:winkwink:

:hugs:

X

Hey ladies

A quick post to say I am a mummy! Zachary James arrived Friday night, via emergency section. My waters broke Wednesday last week and I didn't go into labour on my own so ended up getting induced, laboured for 14 hours on TENS, G & A, and some Pethidibe, before getting stuck at 7 cms for 4 hours cos Zachs head was in an awkward position and I wasn't progressing.

We came home yesterday, am very sore and BFing is defo a struggle after a section, not sure that its going to work for us as I'm now pretty sore after some dodgy latches and Zach is getting too familiar with the bottle as we have to top up with formula.

Hope you are all ok, I'm sorry no time to catch up on what's been going on as grabbing dinner and eastenders while he sleeps!

X

Congrats cupcake! He looks too cute (I presume that's him in your profile pic?). Can't believe you went through the whole thing only to have a c emcs. So horrible for you. But glad your little man is here safe. Don't stress about the bf'ing. And I love his name. Well done! Xx

Aw yes it his him Manny altho he could be a model baby in my opinion!

Hope your little man is doing ok!

Cupcake - Congrats mummy - he is gorgeous, don't worry about BF after a section it is much harder and some babies just don't want to latch:flower:

Well done you for bringing him into the world safe and sound.:cloud9:

Now try and rest up - you aren't missing much on Eastenders, although it's on all week Ronnie is back!!!:haha:

X

Cupcake congrats!! He looks gorgeous. Sorry about the hard birth.

I had a great birth with my first and I still couldn't breast feed and he is just fine. There are benefits to formula. You get a lot more freedom as baby can be fed by anyone and they get vitamin d in formula milk which keeps away the colds so not all bad. It also often helps with sleeping through.

Well done you on your lovely wee bundle xxx

Aw congrats Cupcake, he is gorgeous!

Well girls, I am a mummy now too! James Donald Williams was born on Moday, 9.9.13 at 18.42, weighing 7lb, 9oz.

My waters went at 3am on Sunday and despite getting a few contractions on and off didn't go into established labour so was induced Monday morning, went pretty quickly after that. Had morphine and gas and air, feel lucky to have had a good birth and to have coped pretty well. Have a bit of grazing and swelling but otherwise doing well.

Cupcake, I too am BFing and it is going well although sharing your nipple pain! You are doing so well to even be attempting after section. I have had very little sleep so can't imaging what it must be like trying to do all that and recover from surgery. Do what feels best for you. Loving the name by the way ;) xxxxx

Twinkle - Gorgeous wee man and wow that sounds a fairly easy birth if you don't mind me saying:winkwink:

Rest up mama well done:cloud9:

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back