This moment brought to you by pregnancy brain...

I've had rough pregnancy brain days... left my credit card at cashier, she had to come after me... I keep forgetting everything too.. today I took out my grill to make a cheese sandwich and left the plastic protection on when I turned it on so it burnt!

The last episode of Modern Family was about Gloria's baby brain moments. I loved her line:
"I have 2 brains in my body but never felt so dumb"

Had to share.... so true!!!

After using the bathroom I meant to turn on the faucet to wash my hands, but instead turned the lights off and thought to myself "Why is it so dark?" omg... I even proceeded to wash my hands in pitch dark.

At the doctor's yesterday I had to give a urine sample. I did my business, held up the cup to make sure there was enough pee in it...and it was empty! It took me a moment to realize that I'd never taken the lid off!:haha:

I've done many things related to pb most recently grabbed the lid from my prenatals and set it aside (intending to swallow it) and tried to screw the pill back on the container.

I picked up a salad for lunch on Monday and didn't grab dressing. My coworker saw me in line to pay and asked what I was doing. She told me I had no dressing but I just stared at my salad confused....she went and got it for me.

These are great!!!

Just recently I've started forgetting how to use my words so I've been having conversations using words like "you know the thing", "whatchmucallit", "thingy" etc.... It's a good thing this happens around friends and family and not clients at work. They would think I was really dumb lol

These are great! :laugh2:

I've only had about 2 instances of pregnancy brain (and not even close to what others have experienced!).

DH was driving & got a text, so I looked at it for him. His friend was asking for our address so I typed it in and sent it.

Then she responded "street name?" apparently I went House#, City, State, Zip & totally forgot to put the street name in.

DH laughed at me and then accused me of making him look stupid lol

Then the other time (which was actually before the first one I mentioned), I was making grilled cheese & tomato soup for dinner. I was on the phone with my mom & was telling her what I was making. I got tomato soup out & then couldn't spit "grilled cheese" out. It took awhile for me to even remember what it was called & by the time I remembered, I just couldn't spit it out. I was getting so upset and frustrated because I felt so stupid and couldn't say 'grilled cheese'.

I'm using the wrong words in my sentences. Just this afternoon I said "I'm waiting for my pasty to slow down before I eat it"
To which my SIL kindly said "....do you mean cool down?"

So I swishly said; "that's what I said" and disregarded the conversation lol

At the doctor's yesterday I had to give a urine sample. I did my business, held up the cup to make sure there was enough pee in it...and it was empty! It took me a moment to realize that I'd never taken the lid off!:haha:

oh crap!! I get sooo nervous when I have to pee in the cup! I think I might have cried! lol I liked it in the UK when they'd send me home with the little sample jars and just tell me to fill one on the morning when I came in for my appointment... reduced so much stress!

When my doorbell rang, I picked up my cell phone and said "Hello!" :[ Even the dogs looked at me funny.

Oh i love coming back to this thread to catch up, so so funny!

I've found myself putting muscle rub in the bread cupboard, trying to screw on my sons juice bottle lid to the milk carton. Lost my words many times & end up saying 'ya know the thingy' constantly forgetting what im doing or need to do so lists are my best friends right now!
Thanks ladies for sharing & making me laugh <3

I confused two colleagues' surnames today and people looked at me like was mad, forgot my travelcard at home, keep forgetting whether have done things (like turning the heating on) and generally think it's safer for me not to say too much right now :)

Showed up for my dating scan a day early... seems I may have written it down wrong. Thankfully they fit us in normally they don't do OB scans on Wednesdays.... but they managed to get us in anyway.

had to tell my bank my last name and social today.i rattled off my phone number and forgot my last name. pretty embarassing lol

A couple of days ago I touched my ear and my diamond earring was missing! It's my husband's present for our wedding so I got so upset, started to look in bed, under bed, checked rugs, etc. 15 minutes later I decided to check the jewelery box - it was there :haha: Apparently, I only put on 1 earring 2 days ago!

At night I was thirsty and went to kitchen to get a glass of water. Only I underestimated where the door was and walked straight into it! The sound was horrible and it scared my poor husband :blush: Didn't even get a bruise on my forehead.

I clocked back in from lunch yesterday at work only to realize that I forgot to clock out on Wednesday for lunch even though I took lunch, and I forgot to clock in on Friday! So basically I clocked in when I thought I clocked out for lunch and I clocked out when i thought I was clocking back in! So I had to go to my manager and tell her I screwed it up. She laughed and said she's not doing it this week anyways and the controller is so he can deal with it! LOL! He's not going to be happy. HAHA!

I just recorded a Christmas movie on our pvr, was so excited I watch it. Hubby informed me I already recorded it, watched it, and deleted it a few weeks ago. Lol.

AHHH i just put things into the microwave instead of the fridge..... 3 times in a row!!! that's it, i'm staying out of the kitchen. :S

Went with DH and my dad to pick up a 24-gun safe and bring it back to my house from the store. While standing in line, DH tells me we're going to my parents for dinner. I panic, because I had left one of the dogs in the backyard expecting to be home in an hour (it was freezing). So I called my neighbor in a panic to have her let the dog in, she agreed because she is awesome, then my husband asks me "Why did you just call Jacque to have the dog let in if we're going home to drop off the safe before we go to your parents?"

DUH!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->