This'll be the month to remember, with BFPs in September!

I just don't understand (and never will I don't think) how women get pregnant after missing just a pill or two...

It took my body 18 months I think before I had a any sort of predictable cycle after getting off of the pill... I have to take the super high-dose hormonal ones (no low-dose for me, like ortho-tricycline or NuvaRing or anything) cuz I bleed through all the low dose pills, but still. It just flabbergasts me.

I'm so angry with myself for getting so upset. I pulled myself together, my husband came home and the floodgates opened again. I know it's my fault we haven't caught yet, I'm the one with the cyst. How am I going to work with her and watch her pregnancy progress when I want it so badly?

Bubs, i feel the same way. we've been trying for 18 months now and nada. sometimes i consider going back on bc, just to see what might happen, ha!

BB, it will be hard, but manageable. youll guard your heart, and some days will be better than others. does she know you're trying for #2? i found that with my pregnant friends who know i'm trying, they are very sympathetic and dont chat my ear off about themselves.

Yeh she knows. She was planning to TTC at the end of November. She is 42 and was worried that it wouldn't happen so I am so happy for her. She really does deserve it. I just know its going to be so hard. We've only been TTC for 3 months and it already feels like the end of the world.

My husband has 2 other kids, he'd known her 2 weeks when she fell pregnant, said she couldn't have kids. The second one was because they hadnt learnt the first time! :lol: 13 months between them! With our son we weren't on BC but I'd recently come off the injection, we used a diaphragm for a while then used the pull out method. Our son was conceived 14 months after stopping BC. Im pretty sure its me slowing things down. I can't wait that long. I'm a mess already!

I just don't understand (and never will I don't think) how women get pregnant after missing just a pill or two...

It took my body 18 months I think before I had a any sort of predictable cycle after getting off of the pill... I have to take the super high-dose hormonal ones (no low-dose for me, like ortho-tricycline or NuvaRing or anything) cuz I bleed through all the low dose pills, but still. It just flabbergasts me.

It happened to me years ago. I wish it would happen again! My doctor said that esp with the mini pill, if you miss a pill, you can O within 12-24 hours. With good timing, and super fertile couples, that's all you need. Sadly it happened when we were NOT ready to be parents.

It happened to me years ago. I wish it would happen again! My doctor said that esp with the mini pill, if you miss a pill, you can O within 12-24 hours. With good timing, and super fertile couples, that's all you need. Sadly it happened when we were NOT ready to be parents.

Maybe that's the difference, is that the mini-pill would never work for me. I would bleed three weeks out of the month on any low-dose pill.

Maybe that's the difference, is that the mini-pill would never work for me. I would bleed three weeks out of the month on any low-dose pill.

Maybe-- I could only handle the low dose pill. The others made me batshit crazy. Even the nuvaring made me nutso. I never had any issues with my body going back to normal after hormonal BC though. I could stop taking a pill and O 14 days later. Same with an IUD.

i loved nuvaring! 'cept my bf told me he hit it sometimes.... i'm not convinced, but globally, for us it worked.
in a weird way, i'm not sure i need to go back on bc after i (ever!) get pregnant.... seeing as i cant make a baby even wITH medicine, it doesnt seem i need medicine to prevent it either (OH is not on-board with this plan, hehe)

Maybe-- I could only handle the low dose pill. The others made me batshit crazy. Even the nuvaring made me nutso. I never had any issues with my body going back to normal after hormonal BC though. I could stop taking a pill and O 14 days later. Same with an IUD.[/QUOTE]

I had a terrible experience on the Depo shot... bat-shit crazy and I would bleed for 6 weeks between shots. Yuck...
Then I had the two-periods per month issue with the low-dose pill, but the high dose pills would make me have blinding migraines during the week of my period.

After I had Danny I used the copper IUD, the non-hormone one, and I would use it again in a heartbeat. It made my periods on the heavy side, but my period never missed a beat after I had it removed.

I had a terrible experience on the Depo shot... bat-shit crazy and I would bleed for 6 weeks between shots. Yuck...
Then I had the two-periods per month issue with the low-dose pill, but the high dose pills would make me have blinding migraines during the week of my period.

After I had Danny I used the copper IUD, the non-hormone one, and I would use it again in a heartbeat. It made my periods on the heavy side, but my period never missed a beat after I had it removed.

So did I, the depo shot made it impossible for me to sleep! I have had both IUD's and liked the Mirena more than the Paraguard. The paraguard was really painful for me, but my periods were lighter. Cramps were worse.

Mirolee- HAHA I love the no BC for life idea. I mean with what we fertility goddesses are aware of these days, it would be easy for us to just avoid sex on O day. Although that isn't a guarantee, it would be 50x better than effing everything up again with the BC. I tried pills only, and they KILLED my insides. I just felt like I was abusing my woman parts. We were MADE to ovulate! Lol

I felt like a NUT on the pill too, totally felt crazy. No more BC for this girl, not after tying the knot! :)

Just popping in to say hi, BnB break is what I need right now but if I don't pop in I'll get completely behind.

Molly-Congrats on the BFP!! Happy for you! Hoping you have a H&H 9 months!

BB-Totally understand how you feel. Got my FX that it will happen for you soon and you won't have to worry about her being preggo around you anymore.

Cassidy- I'm still laughing about your deal with DH, cracks me up. Hoping that gold you found last night was a good sign and you get the positive OPK today

Amanda-I'm right there with you! We need to O SOOOOON!

Sonia-Hoping that your results come back great! And that the TWW goes by fast!

Mirolee-So excited for you to test! Hope you get a beautiful BFP soon!

Katrina-Sorry that you were feeling sick hun :( Hopefully you'll get a BFP in a few days!

Nichole-My cm has been the exact same and it's pissing me off. I always get tons of EWCM and this month there's been like nothing.

Marie-Hope the TWW flies by for you!

Sandy- SOrry your OPKs are still negative :? this month is sucking for everyone

Amelia-I'm super bummed for you :( That really sucks. Hopefully next month will be the one :hugs:

Nikki-Sorry to hear about the GD, but fortunately you found out early and it should be easy to treat :hugs:

AFM, this cycle is kinda sucking. Hardly any good cm at all. Negative OPKs still but I haven't tested today and this would normally be the earliest for a positive. CP is high soft and open so hoping for a positive soon.

Maybe-- I could only handle the low dose pill. The others made me batshit crazy. Even the nuvaring made me nutso. I never had any issues with my body going back to normal after hormonal BC though. I could stop taking a pill and O 14 days later. Same with an IUD.

Augh the Nuvaring was amazing, I couldn't get it to sit properly so I was 100% protected against babies because I DIDN'T EVER WANT TO HAVE S3X... rofl

i loved nuvaring! 'cept my bf told me he hit it sometimes.... i'm not convinced, but globally, for us it worked.
in a weird way, i'm not sure i need to go back on bc after i (ever!) get pregnant.... seeing as i cant make a baby even wITH medicine, it doesnt seem i need medicine to prevent it either (OH is not on-board with this plan, hehe)

right there with you. I don't think we will use BC if we're still having issues TTC. Esp if we end up doing IUI/IVF then there is certainly no reason to prevent it.

Augh the Nuvaring was amazing, I couldn't get it to sit properly so I was 100% protected against babies because I DIDN'T EVER WANT TO HAVE S3X... rofl

bahaha I used the nuvaring briefly after having my IUD out in November. OH said it was the BEST BC, because It made me so angry and grumpy, there was absolutely no chance of us having sex.

Just popping in to say hi, BnB break is what I need right now but if I don't pop in I'll get completely behind.

AFM, this cycle is kinda sucking. Hardly any good cm at all. Negative OPKs still but I haven't tested today and this would normally be the earliest for a positive. CP is high soft and open so hoping for a positive soon.

HEY GORGEOUS!!!! Miss you xx

Hang in there with the OPKs - FX on a nice strong + by Fri so you can have 48 hour "bed rest" ;)

Yeah... this whole month the timing was boned big time. SO disappointing that we came so close to nailing it and then ... Faaaaaaarrrrrrrrgghghghgsdgdd

7% chance ... DH (being a scientist and all) keeps saying.. well SOMEONE had to get preg 1DPO otherwise that would be 0% so WE ARE THE 7%...

Rofl. I just reached for my margarita and patted his hand soothingly.

I think he just wants to keep BDing.... lol

I'm all like "nah.... oh ok" and then he hands me a soft cup and says in a sexy voice....

"oh baby, use the soft cup like I like it"

And I'm like..."babe... there's no point... I'm out, its 4dpo"

and he's like "it's worth a try"...

I don't have the heart to tell him holding his army in place around an abandoned city is a waste of time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->