This'll be the month to remember, with BFPs in September!

I'm out for September, too. Even if I o'd Saturday, 10 dpo is 10/1. No results yet. Doc is out today so I should know tomorrow.

Hey girls - yay for babe pics.

Im at work and slammed.

My temp is dumping - still above cover but I'm not hopeful.

Hi girls..

NIchole and Ashlee yaaay for temp spikes...fx for gud results in 10 days or so :winkwink:

Kara yaaaayyyy for a perfect scan...im sure this is such a gud beginning to your anniversary celebrations...have fun on your trip :flower:

AFM - STILL NO RESULTS....im on the edge...left mayb 3 vms with the dr ofc....test still coming positive....hasnt got much darker but its defenitely there...im thinking tht even if the dr ofc doesnt call me today ill still go and get betas done tomorrow again and wait for both results tht way ill know the doubling thing too... i anyways have a standing order for progesterone and hcg....uggghhh...its really difficult for me to hide my anxiety with soo many ppl at home...im sure my mood is a bit edgy and in laws surely can notice tht :dohh:
As far as symptoms ...I HAVE NONE....kinda makes me nervous actually ... the only reason i tested was bcos i realised tht day tht i was 10dpo and thought wat the heck lets just test :haha:

Come on early October BFPs!!!

Kara-super cute little baby in there!! Have fun on your trip lady!

Amelia-Sorry your temp isn't where you want it to be :?

Sonia- UGH!! I would be so frustrated if I were you. I can't wait to see the results though!!

My friend and I have discussed the chlorinated issue in the water so many times since she works in a drinking water plant (she is a lab analyst and supervisor with her masters in aquatic microbiology).

Flouridation in the water is something (in Ca) that each county votes on. So you would have to verify with your provider if the water has flouride or not.

The amount of chlorine in the water is so low that they have to use special instruments to detect it. There is more lead and metals that occur naturally in water than chlorine at any level in drinking water. Plus, chlorine is necessary to kills algae and bacteria and cytoplasms that naturally live in wells and aquaducts.

Since they chlorinate our water, we are lucky enough to not have to boil our water in order to use it like they do in other parts of the world. While sometimes the smell and taste of chlorine can be percepted, it is also dependent on the plumbing in your home, particular levels that have to be adjusted due to algae blooms, and of course any bacterial blooms. It also depends on if you have well or aquaduct water.

There is actually (in Ca) more contaminents in rain water than in the drinking water with all the pollution in the air.

That being said, it is ridiculous to state that you can't collect your own rain water. Especially when in LA county where they can fine you for running your sprinklers too often! I mean, whose gonna know anyway? The water collection police? That is absurd...

Ugh I didn't want to get into this LOL I'm very passinate about these topics. But this is the last thing I'll say with regards to it. Promise. :) You will find much more info online.

It's not the chlorine that's dangerous per se, it's what it reacts with and what it produces as a result of those reactions. And yes, this has been scientifically tested and peer-reviewed and the studies are funded by people who have no financial interests. It's dangerous stuff. Here are some great links:

https://www.mercola.com/Downloads/bonus/chlorine/default.aspx

https://www.pure-earth.com/chlorine.html

https://www.relfe.com/A06/drinking_water_treatment_chlorine.html

Yes, I agree that using chlorine is not risk free. I'm not saying it's harmless. But people all over the world suffer with unsanitary drinking water and die every day. That is 100% accurate. The risk of using water without antimicrobials is far far higher than using chlorine. Things are treatable as diarrhea can't be treated in other countries because safe water is not available. And in countries with low annual rainfall, even collecting and boiling water is not an option. I would rather have chlorinated water available to me than water that is not even safe to wash your food with or even bathe in.

It would be hard to get away from chlorinated water in the US. Some states do not have enough annual rainfall (like So Cal...) to be able to survive on naturally occuring water. Even using bottled water is no better. The same federal standards have to go into distributing bottled water as tap water.

So like I said. It's not without risks and it's not a perfect solution, but when your alternative is cholera, giardia, toxic algae, amoebas, and mosquito larvae, I will take chlorine.

How long are they there for? I hope you get answers soon!

They r here till 16th october... i have noooo idea how im gonna hide it from them till then ...with going to the doc and my scan :shrug: a small part of me wants to tell them so tht i can take the relaxed approach in entertaining them and not b soo hyper active ( i know tht shoudlnt make a diff but im scared :wacko: ) BUT i really really really dont want to tell them either...dh doesnt want to tell them either...in fact i had thought tht ill tell them after the first scan before they leave for india...it would b a nice end of trip suprise but dh is adamant on not telling till 12 weeks r up

I don't know if I could hide it if they were there all the time. It would stress me out. I would tell them before they leave, its the kind of news I would rather hear in person.

How long are they there for? I hope you get answers soon!

They r here till 16th october... i have noooo idea how im gonna hide it from them till then ...with going to the doc and my scan :shrug: a small part of me wants to tell them so tht i can take the relaxed approach in entertaining them and not b soo hyper active ( i know tht shoudlnt make a diff but im scared :wacko: ) BUT i really really really dont want to tell them either...dh doesnt want to tell them either...in fact i had thought tht ill tell them after the first scan before they leave for india...it would b a nice end of trip suprise but dh is adamant on not telling till 12 weeks r up

I'm sorry :-( I love my in-laws but i would go nuts if they stayed with me that long especially with big news like a bfp. I wouldn't tell my in laws because my mother in law would call her daughters, and so on. Try to squeeze in some alone time here and there just to breathe and take a break. You can let out your frustrations here with us so you don't feel like you are goint to burst at home. :winkwink:

Ugggh Sonia... in-laws in your house at this time... very trying indeed! :hugs:

Sonia-I hope you get those results soon! Are you still using the ics? I started doing mine every other day bc they don't progress very much. The 2 day jump showed more of a progression.

Im really frustrated that I didn't even get a chance in September. How am I supposed to get pregnant if its like 36+ days between O'ing? That is ridiculous. Add a few more next month and a few after that and so on, and i'll be in menopause before I know it. Urgh! Stupid body is letting me down. Again.

Im really frustrated that I didn't even get a chance in September. How am I supposed to get pregnant if its like 36+ days between O'ing? That is ridiculous. Add a few more next month and a few after that and so on, and i'll be in menopause before I know it. Urgh! Stupid body is letting me down. Again.

sorry that you're so frustrated! Have you considered seeing a doc to get clomid or similar? it could bump up your O's!

It was with my answer cheap test..so I still feel justified using my last frer tomorrow :haha: Plus it was only a two hour hold.

Katrina im sorry u saw tht bfn...i know how painful tht feels...but surely thts not the end of it :thumbup:

I think I said something before Mirolee but she can totally take next month, I can do November.

I need to hurry up and get my cross hairs. I am super paranoid my temps are going to be low in the morning and I didn't actually ovulate.

Nichole with that temp rise I don't think you have anything to worry about but will keep my FX for you anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->