This'll be the month to remember, with BFPs in September!

Question ..I was doing some research as I am still waiting for a call from the doctors office (They say it can take up to 72 hours after they get a lab, and it isn't like they can do anything at this moment anyway.. so it is fine. I am just so curious and concerned.) My progesterone was 0.5 at cd 21. I read they like it to be around 5 in the follicular phase. Anybody else familiar with this info? Will clomid help it be where it should be?

"Progesterone modulates the activity of CatSper (cation channels of sperm) voltage-gated Ca2+ channels. Since eggs release progesterone, sperm may use progesterone as a homing signal to swim toward eggs (chemotaxis). Hence substances that block the progesterone binding site on CatSper channels could potentially be used in male contraception.[34][35]

Progesterone is sometimes called the "hormone of pregnancy",[36] and it has many roles relating to the development of the fetus:

Progesterone converts the endometrium to its secretory stage to prepare the uterus for implantation. At the same time progesterone affects the vaginal epithelium and cervical mucus, making it thick and impenetrable to sperm. If pregnancy does not occur, progesterone levels will decrease, leading, in the human, to menstruation. Normal menstrual bleeding is progesterone-withdrawal bleeding. If ovulation does not occur and the corpus luteum does not develop, levels of progesterone may be low, leading to anovulatory dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
During implantation and gestation, progesterone appears to decrease the maternal immune response to allow for the acceptance of the pregnancy.
Progesterone decreases contractility of the uterine smooth muscle.[36]
In addition progesterone inhibits lactation during pregnancy. The fall in progesterone levels following delivery is one of the triggers for milk production.
A drop in progesterone levels is possibly one step that facilitates the onset of labor."

Would have tried explaining it in words but wikipedia does it so much better ;) lmao. Your progesterone drops when you get AF as well, which is why you see the massive temp dip. You have to have good progesterone in order to maintain a healthy pregnancy, which is why a lot of women have to take supplements after having multiple miscarriages.

As for clomid, not sure about that- I know it helps you O or helps you O stronger so maybe it makes the other hormones stronger as well?? I mean, Rachel had a whopping 43 one month and wasn't pregnant, meanwhile Julie had a 10 and was pregnant with twins, so it obviously differs greatly :hugs:

Hope I helped and wasn't just spewing crap that you didn't care about hahahhaa.

Progesterone needs to be at least 5 to show that you're o'ing it jumps after you o which is why you get a temp spike. Progesterone heats up your body. Typically clomid will help. They'll usually test your progesterone between 7-10dpo when you're on clomid to make sure your levels are looking right

Cassidy- I think Julie had some issues with getting her progesterone up before clomid as well? Correct me if I'm mistaken. That's probably why hers was still a little lower even after the clomid compared to Rachel's . But it went up! Which is awesome!

Yeah I think Julie had low progesterone issues before Clomid. So YAY CLOMID! Seriously though clomid has worked miracles in this thread (Mirolee's miracle is next!)

Thanks for all the support ladies!
amanda (RR) - i have been there before. 100%. i know EVERYTHING you are feeling. literally. please please feel free to reach out to me. (and just for the tiniest bit of comfort, donor sperm doesnt cost that much, youll pay more for the IUI procedure if i remember correctly (unless that is covered)).
afm, i still want to crawl into a hole and cry until i cant breathe.
So sorry you're having a rough time, Ms. Mirolee! I hope things look up soon. Thank you! I will shoot you a FB message later :)
Amanda-I am sorry, I hope you get some answers from his appointment. I hope he feels better, it isn't his fault.
Mirolee-Hugs!

Amanda-You could always do my method...at-home insemination with donor sperm. Didn't cost a thing. Lots of couples do it, there's even a thread on here for it. If it comes to that you may want to consider it....
I've def considered it, I don't know how OH feels about it. Thank you! I'm going to slowly start looking into it.
Robert- I am so sorry hun! My heart goes out to you. Has he ever had injury to that area? Is there a known reason for this?
Not any particular injury, BUT he has played sports all his life and I'm sure has taken a few hits there. We'll know more next week.

Nichole, I'm with you. I'm out for September, too. If I get my crosshairs for Monday, I can test a week from today, but I'm not really expecting much at this point.

As for me, big temp spike this morning.. YAY!! That should hopefully put my crosshairs for Monday, unless it changes its mind from when I was playing with temps last night.. I can only hope and pray that's accurate. Like I said before, I don't really expect a whole lot, but I did have the positive OPK and watery cm, and cramping on the right side only that I think/hope maybe were O pains so maybe maybe maybe.. A girl can wish anyway!

I'll be keeping my fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed you get your cross hairs!

apparently it's fairly normal when your passport is from another country (sorry, i didnt mention that). he's a Russian citizen, so you have to bring your paperwork to them, and pick up your renewed passport and paperwork - they wont mail anything and you cannot have someone do it for you. it's a scary process (not sure how other countries/consulates do it) - with Russia, you have to make an appt months in advance for a 15 minute spot, wait outside in a crazy line with people shouting, i cant go in, etc. I waited around the block at a coffee store for OH, but was scared the whole time that he wasnt going to come back out! (too many conspiracy theory movies, hehe)

I'd be scared too! Darn movies messing with our minds!

Sorry girls i was catching up so my comments are a little behind! :hugs: to all!

11 DPO...
I got another (super ridiculously) faint line on a wondfo today. This time it's a (super ridiculously) bit more visible than yesterday LOL. These are the first times that I've ever gotten something on wondfos so I am hopeful! I have more tests (FRER and ClearBlue Dig) but I'm going to hold off a couple more days on those.

Will test with wondfo again later today.

I hope this is the beginning of a :bfp:!

AFM- Had another massive temp spike this morning. I think my progesterone will be better this cycle. I hope these temps are a good sign!

Mirolee- sorry you are in a tough spot. (hugs)!

Me- Posted more OPK pics on facebook. I've lost my mind already. So much for not getting obsessive!!! I really wish I would have started OPKs before trying so I knew what the hell I was doing. Grrrr. Now it's starting to look dark again. We BD 2 nights in a row. I feel like maybe we should skip tonight, but not if it's going to be positive. I'm barely drinking to get good results and now i'm shaking because I only had a coffee this morning. I need to catch up with water, but i'm afraid it will skew my results for an evening OPK. I hate this. I think next month I may JUST temp. I can't be dehydrating myself for an entire week every month. *sigh* LOL

Nichole your chart looks awesome!!!! Fx im excited for you :) lol

Water never affected my opk strength hun, hydrate yourself!!!!!

Nichole your chart looks awesome!!!! Fx im excited for you :) lol

Water never affected my opk strength hun, hydrate yourself!!!!!

that's what i'm thinking!! But yesterday I drank like 4 glasses in the afternoon nd my pee was pretty much clear, and I got almost no line.. today when I held it, I got a pretty dark line. Some on another side said these tests she had problems with and couldn't drink at all. So i'm wondering if I picked tests that are less sensitive? is that possible with LH? :dohh:

Hmmm ive never used those tests so that could totally be possible. Some tests just work better for ladies than others. Go on amazon and order the wondfo or clinical guard brand I use the clinical guard they work amazingly for me , ash uses the wondfos and likes those more. Theyre SUPER cheap and may work better for you next cycle ( hopefully there wont be a next cycle) :)

Amanda - So sorry to hear about hubby's SA :( I hope his appointment next week is very informative and helpful and that you guys have an easy solution to the problem <3

Hrmmm... the clinical guard is cheaper then the wondfos... Anyone else use them besides Cassidy?

Thanks for the info Cassidy!! So it SEEMS to me that it just indicates that I had not O'ed yet, so maybe it was still possible to O on Monday. I'm definitely asking for the clomid though.

Nichole, thanks! I appreciate it! Your temp looks awesome. Everything is crossed for you, too!!

I use clinical guard AND wondfos lol The wondfos are nice because they're more sensitive and let me know when O is on it's way but the clinical guard ones are a little less sensitive so I don't really get those almost positives. When those are positive I know O is about to happen. Clinical guard are what I used when I got my BFP in April

Morning girls!

Amanda - I am so sorry to hear about those results... Not much I can say except I send you my thoughts and :hugs:

You know, I am glad that when I got pregnant, my doctor never took betas levels or anything. They said a line on a test is enough to confirm, and then they do an u/s at 8 weeks to confirm viability and dates. It used to annoy me because I WANTED to know my numbers! But now I think it would have caused me more stress in the long run.

My point is, Sonia, not to get hung up on YOUR numbers. As far as you know right now, you have a snuggled in little bean in there doing what he/she needs to do. Don't fret about where your levels "should" or "shouldn't" be.

Thanks! I'm trying to hold out until AF is late... but we all know how that usually goes. I can't believe i'm 8dpo and haven't tested yet, I ALWAYS TEST EARLY it's an addiction lmao. AF is due 10/2... so we'll see :) Thanks! I think it looks OK but my temps seem lower than everyone else's during their LP!! Lol. Over analyzing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->