This'll be the month to remember, with BFPs in September!

I haven't been symptom spotting yet today! so busy at work, and OH and I got into a huge fight last night about TTC/ Donor sperm/ what to do now so the more I think about TTC the more I want to cry. ugh.

I'm sorry :( :hugs: Try not to stress, you guys will get it figured out. Give the information time to soak in, talk to your doc, explore options. He'll come around. It's got to be hard for him feeling like he can't do his "manly duty", but I think after he's had some time to accept it he'll be able to talk about options more openly. You know how guys are, they can be really hard on themselves, especially about stuff like that. I'm sorry you guys have to go through that and make those decisions...I know it's not easy. DW still says how she wishes SHE could actually get me pregnant and gets down about it sometimes, but it's just not possible so she deals with it the best she can. In the end, she knows we'll have babies that are "ours" and no one else's. She's had a few years to accept that though, he just found out. I promise he will get there :)

I haven't been symptom spotting yet today! so busy at work, and OH and I got into a huge fight last night about TTC/ Donor sperm/ what to do now so the more I think about TTC the more I want to cry. ugh.

I'm sorry :( :hugs: Try not to stress, you guys will get it figured out. Give the information time to soak in, talk to your doc, explore options. He'll come around. It's got to be hard for him feeling like he can't do his "manly duty", but I think after he's had some time to accept it he'll be able to talk about options more openly. You know how guys are, they can be really hard on themselves, especially about stuff like that. I'm sorry you guys have to go through that and make those decisions...I know it's not easy. DW still says how she wishes SHE could actually get me pregnant and gets down about it sometimes, but it's just not possible so she deals with it the best she can. In the end, she knows we'll have babies that are "ours" and no one else's. She's had a few years to accept that though, he just found out. I promise he will get there :)

Thank you, Julie! I really appreciate it. He is not open to donor sperm and would rather not have kids if they aren't "his", which just kills me. I know we will find some peace with this situation and agree on something, but ugh. so hard.

Thank you, Julie! I really appreciate it. He is not open to donor sperm and would rather not have kids if they aren't "his", which just kills me. I know we will find some peace with this situation and agree on something, but ugh. so hard.

I think that right now he's just feeling upset with the fact that he can't give you the thing that he knows you want so bad. He feels like it's his fault even though we all know it totally isn't and he just was one of the unlucky ones. I think he could come around to donor sperm in time. He was willing to be a father to your baby when you were pregnant from your ex so I think he will come around.I think he just needs time to lick his wounds, so to speak.

Amanda- I have high hopes that they can find at least a FEW little spermies in there to salvage and maybe try IVF?! So as not to waste product on IUI? Idk there are a million possibilities. And maybe adopting a little person from somewhere underprivileged will change your life?! You never know. But I can't imagine your pain, esp having to deal with DH after trying so hard. Boys just don't have that maternal longing for a child. Sending my love. <3

Woohoo! Just downloaded adblock! No more ads for me!!

Thanks Julie! I think I'm just going to skip eight to the clomid when they call about the results. I don't want to waste my time.

Amanda, I am so sorry. That's so hard. I can't imagine. I'm sure he will come around and you guys will work it out somehow.

What is shellac? Is that like the gel polish?

Thanks Julie! I think I'm just going to skip eight to the clomid when they call about the results. I don't want to waste my time.

Amanda, I am so sorry. That's so hard. I can't imagine. I'm sure he will come around and you guys will work it out somehow.

What is shellac? Is that like the gel polish?

Yes, I think its the same thing-- they use UV light to practically bake it onto your nails!

Even if you're doing like house work, yard work, etc? I hate painting my nails because its already chipping in a few hours.

Ugh Amanda I'm sorry :hugs:

Katrina-File the tops of them, soak cottonballs in acetone and stick them on the nail and then wrap with foil and wait! Works like a charm. You can scrape it right off! I always soaked off my own because it was cheaper and the nail girl I worked with preferred that I did so she didn't have to lol

Great minds! I was just going to suggest this. This is how I used to remove them when I worked in salon :)

Even if you're doing like house work, yard work, etc? I hate painting my nails because its already chipping in a few hours.

yup. i have horses, who are pretty much known for ruining a manicure in about 2 seconds flat. i can have shellac and my nails don't chip for weeks! NOTHING phases them!

Sorry to hear that amanda. Hoping there is something that can be done.

Mirolee. Hope you feel better soon. Why dont you do something you love to cheer yourself up. What about a nice relaxing massage. X

I miss working in the salon because I did a much better job of keeping up my hair and nails since I was surrounded by it daily lol. Now I just can't be bothered to go get them done haha. And I usually just color my roots myself, since I have professional product and am licensed why would I pay for someone else to? Though I haven't done since before the wedding eek!

I miss working in the salon because I did a much better job of keeping up my hair and nails since I was surrounded by it daily lol. Now I just can't be bothered to go get them done haha. And I usually just color my roots myself, since I have professional product and am licensed why would I pay for someone else to? Though I haven't done since before the wedding eek!

I'm not a professional and I wouldn't dare touch my own hair with dye...but i too wonder why I pay someone else tooonnnns of money to do it. hahaha. Might explain why I haven't had my hair done in like 4 months :/

I'm a qualified Beauty Therapist and Nail Technician so do my own tan, nails, waxing etc not that I can do it often! Can't have nails on for work. I'm now a qualified Dental Nurse working in Orthodontics so it's short nails, hair tied back etc!

I still dye my own hair because it's only one colour all over!

A friend of mine does her own Brazilian waxes to save money. I'm amazed. I'll stick to the pros!

RR, i know it's so hard right now - you want to forge ahead, talk about sperm donors and other alternatives to parenthood, but everyone is right. men take this "i cant get my wife pregnant" diagnosis very differently than we (women) do. i know, for me, when we got our diagnosis, i was like "woot woot! baby of every color from around the world!" - my ex, not so much. then we talked and moved forward with sperm donor information. it took time, i went to counseling to grieve the loss of a biological child, but other doors open if you let them. the hardest thing i found at this point was patience - to let the conversations happen naturally, to let him talk about how he felt with me being all "how do you feel? how do you feel? how do you feel?", to search out info about alternative solutions, to find people in similar situations. i'm close with a couple ladies on here who are having to go down the donor route for the same reason (silverbell and deafgal01). you have so many resources. :) and we are all here to listen to everything you need to talk about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->