This'll be the month to remember, with BFPs in September!

I want to get my hair done professionally but I just can bring myself to pay $200 for cut and color

oh whoa my boobs are really full today and still super sore. trying not to get my hopes up. Must be period boobs

edit: *without me asking over and over

Kia, that sounds lovely! actually, i am continuing to distract myself. working out like a fool. we're going to boston friday night and sailing saturday and sunday. hawaii in 5 weeks. a wedding coming up. i'm saving the massage for ocean-side cabana with OH. squee!

It doesn't have enough acetone-so I guess they have to wait until tomorrow night. I am glad I trimmed them back at least they are more managable.

RR, i know it's so hard right now - you want to forge ahead, talk about sperm donors and other alternatives to parenthood, but everyone is right. men take this "i cant get my wife pregnant" diagnosis very differently than we (women) do. i know, for me, when we got our diagnosis, i was like "woot woot! baby of every color from around the world!" - my ex, not so much. then we talked and moved forward with sperm donor information. it took time, i went to counseling to grieve the loss of a biological child, but other doors open if you let them. the hardest thing i found at this point was patience - to let the conversations happen naturally, to let him talk about how he felt with me being all "how do you feel? how do you feel? how do you feel?", to search out info about alternative solutions, to find people in similar situations. i'm close with a couple ladies on here who are having to go down the donor route for the same reason (silverbell and deafgal01). you have so many resources. :) and we are all here to listen to everything you need to talk about.

Thank you :hugs:

Wow-we have the tech here where you can get it done for 35 but I am not that trustworthy to young students my hair is super thick/ wavy and they can never get it even. I usually pay 100 for a cut, highlights, wash, style and brow wax.

I'm a qualified Beauty Therapist and Nail Technician so do my own tan, nails, waxing etc not that I can do it often! Can't have nails on for work. I'm now a qualified Dental Nurse working in Orthodontics so it's short nails, hair tied back etc!

I still dye my own hair because it's only one colour all over!
Same! Haha I've wanted to change it up a bit but then I think of what a pain it is to go get highlights. I had it platinum blonde fore a while but it was a pain to lighten the roots then tone it. Then I had it fire engine red and it was even more of a pain to lighten roots, dry and then apply the red, rinse and then dry again if I didn't want to make everything look like a murder seen from the bleeding color! So now I'm just at a solid color close to my natural so I can get away with outgrowth lol

A friend of mine does her own Brazilian waxes to save money. I'm amazed. I'll stick to the pros!
Yea, done that a couple times...it hurts...easier when you're not the one inflicting pain on yourself lol

oh whoa my boobs are really full today and still super sore. trying not to get my hopes up. Must be period boobs
period boobs:haha:

It doesn't have enough acetone-so I guess they have to wait until tomorrow night. I am glad I trimmed them back at least they are more managable.
Good plan, you would have wasted a lot of time without it!

I have never had my hair colored. I know, I'm a weirdo! Lol. And it's naturally curly/unruly.. lol

The economy is crap up here. If we charged that much I never would have had any clients. Highlights usually were around $100, Cuts around $20, solid color around $55. ANd people bitch about those prices! I charged the same prices when I was in cosmetology school in the bay area and people went there because it was cheap!

I loved cutting curly hair, I always had a lot of regular clients with curly hair because I knew how to avoid the "mushroom hair" lol

Yes! That's why I hate getting it cut. Lol. Im always worried about mushroom hair!

sandy, my hair is CURLY also. and long. but currently i do not have any color in it, as i might be donating 10 inches in october. cant quite commit yet....

Yes! That's why I hate getting it cut. Lol. Im always worried about mushroom hair!

Haha! Yes, some people just don't understand how curly hair works and then when you ask for layers you end up with mushroom hair sadly. I love curly hair. I was always envious of clients that had it lol thought they always told me they hated it

I can never get mine long enough to donate-since high school anyway. It always pisses me off and gets wacked. It was very long for our wedding, got chopped the tuesday after.

Amanda - so sorry about OHs results. Like everyone else has said, he prob just needs some time. I know DH ewas freaking when we weren't getting preggo, thinking it was him, thinking I would leave him or go find someone else....even freaked at the thought of donor sperm. I think it's a man thing. Like they've lost some masculinity. Hopefully there's just some sort of blockage that's easily fixable. I don't know much about it but it seems maybe that's the case since there was nothing present. Did he have an ultrasound done? I can't remember. Also I wonder if there's a way to see if there are sperm in the testes? They can go in and aspirate some of those little guys and plant them in you. I have faith it will all work out one way or the other. Just give him some time and let him "grieve."

I don't hate it usually, except when its really humid.. and then I hate everything! Lol. Mine is pretty long, too. I use a lot of product to keep it under control-ish. :)

Between farming and the barn. If it gets to long it always ends up in something gross.

Lol while we're on the topic, I have an AFRO. Lol. It's great though, I can make it nice and silky smooth and straight when I want to. Just depends on whether I have the energy for that!! Also bleach it myself, just do a root touch up every 2 mos. or so using the same $10 highlight box that I love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->