This'll be the month to remember, with BFPs in September!

Good luck Amelia. That's an awful position to be in. Your rock analogy makes sense, but I still say follow your heart. :) it will tell you.

Sandy- I didn't mean to scare you I just know lots of PCOS stories from BnB and IRL and they worried for NO REASON! It really is an easy fix with Clomid and that last thing we'd want for you is to keep going through cycles on here and feeling down every month when you could be doing something to fix it! You gotta get ovulating regularly. Idk but if it were me I'd want to find out sooner to fix it, that's why I mentioned it to you. I just couldn't believe they didn't tell you that stuff since you're TTC. Your appointment tomorrow will give you alllll the answers you need to continue on this journey, and maybe this time it won't take as long! :)

We have plenty of girls on here who have had anovulatory months (MYSELF INCLUDED after baby it took me TWO WHOLE CYCLES to even OVULATE again!!! Don't be discouraged, gain power though knowledge! :))

Molly- I am very excited for you sweetie. Hope this IUI did the trick! FX'd!!

You didn't scare me.. at least not anymore than I already was. Lol. :) I had just kinda put it out of my mind, thinking that maybe things are okay because I'm having periods. I definitely want to know if not. I don't want to waste time not ovulating... Hubby isn't crazy about the clomid though because of the risk.iof multiples.. he didn't say no, but he just wasn't really keen on it.

firsttime - a few things in no particular order, except how they come to my brain.
clomid only increases multiples by a little bit. i think something like 3% (normal) to 8% (clomid). plus, you can also take the clomid from days 5-9 instead of 3-7, which produces less eggs but of higher quality. plus, take it from women here who have been on clomid: most have singletons. plus the drs dont give you a higher dosage than just enough to get you ovulating, starting at 25mg/day. so you can start REALLY low and go up from there. plus! you know you can conceive on your own, so even if your cycles are out of whack now, you may only need a tiny push in the right direction to normalize everything out. (see how many "pluses" are on your side?) :)

Lol thanks Mirolee! I'm totally on board with it.. maybe I just need to present him with the info :) As far as statistics of multiples, we just dont buy into statistics much these days. From a statistical standpoint, what happened to our son is called velamentous cord insertion. It only occurs in 1% of single pregnancies. Its detectable with ultrasound. I had over 20 ultrasounds to monitor for IUGR due to bloood pressure. It just never should have happened from the statistical standpoint. I. would love to try it.. but convincing him at this point will.be difficult. After my appointment and talking to my doctor, he may be more on board though.

I hate to switch topics randomly but I could use some suggestions on wedding planning stuff.

For my wedding I was thinking of doing water bottles with customized labels as one of our drink choices. We're also going to have some beer and I was thinking of doing soda as well as pink lemonade, sweet tea & regular lemonade. With the lemonades & tea, I wanted to do something I saw on Pinterest and have pre-poured drinks in mason jars with lids like this...

https://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5a/90/db/5a90db889efbec3d0f83b2a17be5d558.jpg

You can't really do that with soda or beer so then I was thinking of just having mason jar cups as "favors" for everyone and they can just use it throughout the night. I've seen that a million times on Pinterest as well lol. But then I worry about having enough of the soda, tea, lemonades to last the evening. And serving them in a "pretty" fashion. I wanted to do something like this (below) but I know it'll need refilled throughout the night and I wasn't sure how to go about that. Should I just keep jugs or whatever of it in coolers under the table and refill as needed?

https://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/12/bb/05/12bb05e9b09daf33d725332e10d5043a.jpg

OH doesn't want cans of beer, he wants kegs but I'm pretty sure that the alcohol permit we need to get won't allow for kegs in the state park. I also feel like they may not allow glass bottles either and that's understandable. I know that's how it is for our family reunions. So that would leave cans as our only option but he said that looks white trash and I can see how he'd feel that way. Any suggestions on how to "class" it up? I know everyone gets customized koozies or whatever you want to call them but I feel like it's a waste of money and I don't want to do TOO many "favors." I'm already wanting to do the water bottles (we'd serve water bottles anyway and it's not too much more work/money to add the custom labels) and a cookie bar and then maybe those mason jars so wouldn't a koozie be too much?

Also, which customized water bottle label do you like best?
1, 2, 3 (with this one you can change how the "logo" looks in the middle. You can see the options on the Etsy page with the choices you're given & I would choose the one in the middle all the way on the bottom) or 4.

Just for fun, this is the ring bearer "pillow" we're going to use. I love that it becomes a Christmas tree ornament afterward!

If anyone has suggestions/input, I'm all ears! Thanks.

Amanda-awesome wedding ideas!
Nichole-I hope things are better today.
AFM:waiting to O I have a feeling it will happen soon since my opk is getting darker. I wreaked my bridesmaid dress last night-it was great!

Awwwh Waves love the 1st one, but they are all cute. I just think it looks the most interesting.

And I <3 <3 <3 the mason jar idea, how cute & classy !!!

Lol you are making me crave a wedding re-do! We will get married again once we have all of our babies. Jaxon got the first. I am excited, it gives me something to look forward to after all these babies. Awh and I can dress em all up in white, I just can't wait :)

I LOVE the lemonade idea and I love the first bottle label.

For our wedding we had a "signature" drink and punch (it was a HOT summer wedding in Brooklyn). The signature drink was not too girly not too boyish - dark and stormies and it made it easy to serve drinks because they were delicious and looked awesome in the glasses. The punch also made it simple to serve drinks quickly and it added color to everything

Are you going to be having people serving drinks or help yourself style? If people are pouring you COULD have the mason jars and have cans of beer behind the bar that get cracked and poured into the mason jars by the staff...

For our wedding we had a "signature" drink and punch (it was a HOT summer wedding in Brooklyn). The signature drink was not too girly not too boyish - dark and stormies and it made it easy to serve drinks because they were delicious and looked awesome in the glasses. The punch also made it simple to serve drinks quickly and it added color to everything

Are you going to be having people serving drinks or help yourself style? If people are pouring you COULD have the mason jars and have cans of beer behind the bar that get cracked and poured into the mason jars by the staff...

No, it's going to be a help yourself kinda deal. I'm too cheap to hire servers hahaha.

Thanks Ladies, I have been putting aloe on like crazy.

Amelia- I wish I had some advice from you. Long distance relationships are super hard. I know I always said I would try everything before I would divorce DH but we live in the same area. I might have missed it, what was happening with him possibly moving to where you are?

No, it's going to be a help yourself kinda deal. I'm too cheap to hire servers hahaha.

Any friends you could rope in? Or some friends of friends who could work the bar for dinner and a nice bottle of wine/booze? I remember in highschool a bunch of us got hired by the sister of a friend to work the bar at her wedding - it was fun for us to all hang out and be at the wedding and party and it wasn't about the money.

Thanks Ladies, I have been putting aloe on like crazy.

Amelia- I wish I had some advice from you. Long distance relationships are super hard. I know I always said I would try everything before I would divorce DH but we live in the same area. I might have missed it, what was happening with him possibly moving to where you are?

Thanks x he needs a job and every time we get a lead it slips away... it's taking a toll. We are trying to talk it through.

Any friends you could rope in? Or some friends of friends who could work the bar for dinner and a nice bottle of wine/booze? I remember in highschool a bunch of us got hired by the sister of a friend to work the bar at her wedding - it was fun for us to all hang out and be at the wedding and party and it wasn't about the money.

Any friends I have (and there aren't many outside of the internet lol) are either IN the wedding or guests and I wouldn't dare ask them to help aside from my bridesmaids helping set up and tear down. I thought about hiring some of my brother's friends mainly to pick up our food from the BBQ place and set it up but then I thought about how immature they are and I don't think I could trust them, nor would they do it for a price within my budget. My sister doesn't have many friends either because hers all either live out of town/state and she's too busy with work/school to socialize lol. I don't mind having someone refill our drink container things throughout the night (like my mom or brother could do that) but I don't want to station someone there all night. It's a very laid-back DIY kinda deal.

Yeah Waves def nominate a "helper" for the night so you aren't stuck refilling glasses on YOUR wedding night!!! Lol I say recruit the brother, it's the least he can do. I'd enslave mine, no questions asked ;)

Waves, I would also ask my family to help. I LOVE mason jars and use them as glasses at my house (theyre just so freakin practical!) but the glass may not be allowed in the state park. It is def worth checking. Re: beer cans, if you have to do it, then you have to do it. Beer koozie's can be fun, too. I have seen some cool custom ones-- we wnt to a wedding with camo koozies that were hysterical, but, we still have them floating around, so I guess it was a good gift/idea!

Depending on how many people, you could possibly get away without refilling the beverages. I love the look of drink dispensers from pottery barn, and I recently just got some from target that are nearly identical and were cheap. You could maybe put out 6 dispensers with 3 different beverages, in addition to a big bucket of pre-made drinks in mason jars in an ice bucket? Are you serving dinner?

ETA: we went to a wedding recently with a food truck serving tacos and it was soo yummy. They said it was only $9/person for everything. They set up a buffet which was really pretty too.

Waves, I would also ask my family to help. I LOVE mason jars and use them as glasses at my house (theyre just so freakin practical!) but the glass may not be allowed in the state park. It is def worth checking. Re: beer cans, if you have to do it, then you have to do it. Beer koozie's can be fun, too. I have seen some cool custom ones-- we wnt to a wedding with camo koozies that were hysterical, but, we still have them floating around, so I guess it was a good gift/idea!

Depending on how many people, you could possibly get away without refilling the beverages. I love the look of drink dispensers from pottery barn, and I recently just got some from target that are nearly identical and were cheap. You could maybe put out 6 dispensers with 3 different beverages, in addition to a big bucket of pre-made drinks in mason jars in an ice bucket? Are you serving dinner?

I like the idea of having 2 of each, less refilling (if at all) that way. Thanks! And yes, we're doing dinner - a BBQ dinner. I was thinking of ordering from Old Carolina BBQ and just having someone (not sure who yet... initially my brother's friend but I want to find someone more trusthworthy) pick it up during the ceremony and setting it up inside the reception site. We're doing the ceremony outdoors around 4:00 with it lasting hopefully around 20 minutes. Afterward we'll venture off with our photographer while the guests play games or whatever outside until 5:00 when they can head into the reception area. I was thinking of doing customized cornhole boards, life-size Jenga, horseshoes, things like that to entertain them.

As for food I was contemplating getting a tray of beef brisket, another of pulled pork and then 2 sides, rolls & salad.

I like the idea of having 2 of each, less refilling (if at all) that way. Thanks! And yes, we're doing dinner - a BBQ dinner. I was thinking of ordering from Old Carolina BBQ and just having someone (not sure who yet... initially my brother's friend but I want to find someone more trusthworthy) pick it up during the ceremony and setting it up inside the reception site. We're doing the ceremony outdoors around 4:00 with it lasting hopefully around 20 minutes. Afterward we'll venture off with our photographer while the guests play games or whatever outside until 5:00 when they can head into the reception area. I was thinking of doing customized cornhole boards, life-size Jenga, horseshoes, things like that to entertain them.

As for food I was contemplating getting a tray of beef brisket, another of pulled pork and then 2 sides, rolls & salad.
Might be worth seeing if the BBQ place would deliver for a small fee, considering you are going to be placing a bigger order

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->